• Dec 2nd, 2020 12:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2006
1706 posts
24 upvotes
Oakville

Bell mobility going back on deal

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I called bell for my fiancé's grandpa Saturday night and the bell Rep gave us 25gb, unlimited Canada and an LG Velvet 5G for $91 and a $30 credit per month for 24 months.

He got the phone today and I tried to help him activate it and while on the phone, I asked him to verify the info. The Rep said he sees nothing about the $30 credit. The supervisor can't review the recorded call but I confirmed the deal 3x with the Rep on Saturday.

They've escalated it to a manager and it could take 7-10 business days to get a response. Should I push it to office of the president and ccts or should I wait to see what they have to say?

Thanks
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5438 posts
1177 upvotes
You are supposed to work it out with the provider first before contacting CCTS. You have made initial query. If you seem to not be getting anywhere or they are trying to renege or renegotiate your deal then you can file with CCTS and advise them of that.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3895 posts
2428 upvotes
Vancouver
You pretty much have to wait and see. Its a good idea while you wait to see what other deals are out there in case you find something better.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1735 posts
222 upvotes
Mississauga
Sorry to say, it is Bell Hell.
They are the most disgusting company i have ever dealt with.
I would sooner poke my eyes out with a hot poker than ever deal with them.

They will tell you anything to get a sale then watch out, bend over.
Nov 30, 2020
17 posts
rob187jj wrote: I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I called bell for my fiancé's grandpa Saturday night and the bell Rep gave us 25gb, unlimited Canada and an LG Velvet 5G for $91 and a $30 credit per month for 24 months.

He got the phone today and I tried to help him activate it and while on the phone, I asked him to verify the info. The Rep said he sees nothing about the $30 credit. The supervisor can't review the recorded call but I confirmed the deal 3x with the Rep on Saturday.

They've escalated it to a manager and it could take 7-10 business days to get a response. Should I push it to office of the president and ccts or should I wait to see what they have to say?

Thanks
It's always best to get:

a) confirmation number for the call
b) ask for the agent's name
c) location of where they work

each call is recorded so if you reference that, they can pull up your account for notes left. if the rep doesn't leave notes and said they would do something, u can ask them to "pull the recording"
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12347 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
i would hold off on using the phone/activating it until you hear back. If they reply back and say they can't offer it than i would return the phone and tell them to cancel it.

From what i remember, its 15 mins talk time and 15 days from date of purchase? This is a long time ago so i don't know if it still the same
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure