Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Mobility - Retentions/Customer Care Deals

Sep 28, 2016
13 posts
1 upvote
I'm on the $60 BYOD plan in ON. Went into a store today and still no decent offers for devices that would entice me off this plan.
May 31, 2017
100 posts
183 upvotes
Brampton
pythia123 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 2:21 pm
I'm on the $60 BYOD plan in ON. Went into a store today and still no decent offers for devices that would entice me off this plan.
if possible, please share what they offered in store.
Sep 23, 2007
208 posts
994 upvotes
Vancouver
My wife and I are with Bell, we are sharing 12gb a month and got the Samsung s9+ (she already had her own iphone 7s), signed up back in May-ish.

Right now we are paying $220 a month.

Any way of swinging a better deal? When I call in they straight up say there is nothing they can do as I am on a new contract.
Jun 15, 2018
456 posts
144 upvotes
blackcomb wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 2:13 pm
Who are you with now?
Koodo until tomorrow. Since signal is crap for them at my work so Going back to bell. Chat said their black Friday offer for 2 galaxy s9s was $150+tax per month and that was for 9gigs shared. If I get the phones at Costco or Walmart they come with $200 gift cards. That makes up for the tab cost right there.
Oct 1, 2018
36 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Qwesty905 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 9:06 pm
What's the number to retention?
You have to call in and ask for the loyalty department. There is no direct line to my knowledge.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1484 posts
865 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 8:58 pm
Koodo until tomorrow. Since signal is crap for them at my work so Going back to bell. Chat said their black Friday offer for 2 galaxy s9s was $150+tax per month and that was for 9gigs shared. If I get the phones at Costco or Walmart they come with $200 gift cards. That makes up for the tab cost right there.
Bell / Telus / Koodo / Virgin / Lucky all share the same cellular network, it is network built jointly by Bell and Telus.

So you get the same quality of service with any of them. Did you switch phones? Going to Bell won’t improve your signal.
Jun 15, 2018
456 posts
144 upvotes
shayne85 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 12:48 pm
Bell / Telus / Koodo / Virgin / Lucky all share the same cellular network, it is network built jointly by Bell and Telus.

So you get the same quality of service with any of them. Did you switch phones? Going to Bell won’t improve your signal.
You most definitely do not get the same quality signal for all of them. Right here sitting in the same spot as always Koodo gets -103 to -123 (right this second) With bell its -85 to -90. So try again.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1484 posts
865 upvotes
You’re getting these numbers on the same physical phone?
Jun 15, 2018
456 posts
144 upvotes
shayne85 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 1:35 pm
You’re getting these numbers on the same physical phone?
Yep and same exact position. Clear skies although a little windy today but barely any cloud cover.
Aug 22, 2011
62 posts
19 upvotes
Called Bell on Monday twice. First offer (I think I posted) was garbage. The second time I called I basically got laughed off the phone after I expressed my confusion at the rep saying that their BF deals weren’t currently live.

“...but your competitor deals are live currently, so aren’t you willing to look into it for me?”

Apparently not.

Received a call back from the loyalty department today, wherein they want to offer me the same things I have + 2GB extra and iPhone 8+ for $0. For $110.

Lololol no thanks. Jfc. Not a single offer (yes I asked) of a credit over the course of 24mo or anything. Then she got off the phone real quick because their fire alarm was going off. I heard nothing in the background but ok Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Jun 15, 2018
456 posts
144 upvotes
blackcomb wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 3:48 pm
Called Bell on Monday twice. First offer (I think I posted) was garbage. The second time I called I basically got laughed off the phone after I expressed my confusion at the rep saying that their BF deals weren’t currently live.

“...but your competitor deals are live currently, so aren’t you willing to look into it for me?”

Apparently not.

Received a call back from the loyalty department today, wherein they want to offer me the same things I have + 2GB extra and iPhone 8+ for $0. For $110.

Lololol no thanks. Jfc. Not a single offer (yes I asked) of a credit over the course of 24mo or anything. Then she got off the phone real quick because their fire alarm was going off. I heard nothing in the background but ok Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Their black Friday deals are active now. And it's actually 4gig bonus. The data package that's $25 is now 1+4gig bonus. Then 4gig bonus and $10 off per month for the 2nd line if you are adding that.
Mar 21, 2004
61 posts
8 upvotes
Kamloops
I've also been looking for a better plan for a couple of weeks. I am currently with Bell and have been for 6 years. Talking to Bell Loyalty they are offering BYOD (keep using my iPhone 5s), Unlimited Canada wide calling and texting, 3 gb shareable data. In addition, I can add another line for my wife, they give us a 32gb iPhone 7, unlimited Canada wide calling and text, another 4 gb shareable data (total 7gb shareable) for another $55 which is $120 month on a 2 year contract. Telus will match the offer but not do better. Both charge $35 activation fee. I can't seem to get anything better. I live in BC. Would you take the offer or go elsewhere and what would you get? I want / need unlimited calling and text but could get by with 5gb data shared.
May 31, 2017
100 posts
183 upvotes
Brampton
Jumped the ship from Bell To Rogers today to make use of 30% off corporate offer I had for Rogers.

Line 1: IPhones xs max 256gb 659-100 credit = 559 upfront.
$140 ultra plan minus 30% = $98 a month.
14gb sharable data.
Line 2: $50 a month Byod. 4gb data bonus. Unlimited Canada call/text. Porting from fido to rogers.
No sim charges or activation fee.

So in all $148 a month with 18gb sharable data and iphone xs max 256gb. Adios Bell.