Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Mobility - Retentions/Customer Care Deals

Feb 9, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
JaclynM62131 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 3:49 pm
Just got off the phone with Bell! They are not offering anything close to $65. They said $90 was the best they had for 5gb and a new phone..did you have to haggle with them? I really don't want the hassle of switching but Telus is offering better...
I would say keep calling a couple more times because it did vary for me depending on the agent. The first one I got was $90 for 5gb, then the second time $65 5gb. I told them I'll call back everytime they give me a deal. Took about three calls for me until I got the $65 9gb, I haggled a little more on the third call and luckily she was able to help me out with that deal.

Literally everyone at the bell store when I picked up my phone couldn't believe what I was getting.. $65 9gb with $250 bill credit and the new phone. So I don't think they give this out as often? If you're not in a rush to get a new plan then I would keep calling back until you get the deal you want.
Jan 13, 2017
183 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Rorensu wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 1:45 pm
Yah my initial thought was since I'm gna buy a used Pixel 2 XL for around the same price I'd just use it for an upfront cost.

I was kind of the fence on the 5gb less on my current plan. So I called again and they gave me an additional 4gb on the same offer.

So currently 9gb for $65 plan offer with a new phone. I'm thinking of taking it lol.

Where are you located? ONTARIO?

What is the plan code, or plan title? Does it say in Market or Loyalty?

Were you speaking to customer loyalty and retentions?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1766 posts
101 upvotes
Southern ontario
bell does not care. Bell lost both our home and corporate lines and corporate land line because they screwed up on our corporate internet - all over $200 and lost $10k worth of yearly business.
LindsayD156134 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 7:11 pm
yeah if you need that much data I'd go for it.

Bell ended up losing me today. After speaking to the rep yesterday, was giving the option to get the phone mailed or I could pick it up. She noted my account and I went to a bell store.

Long and short they told me I wasn't offered what the one rep did. the sticking point was the credit to cover the early upgrade fee. They wouldn't honor it. Rep pretty much called me a liar for saying it was offered and I was calling in a lot looking for deals ( I called in once on Christmas Eve and once yesterday)

So it ended up pissing me off. I went to best buy. Got the phone. Same plan they offered, and a $200 gift card. While at best buy they called to offer me half the original credit offer so essentially $50.

They lost me today, and my two full fibe home accounts. About $4800 a year.
Jan 13, 2017
183 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
There are no deals this year on phone plans with reliable fast service. The deals actually sucked. Last year was an anomaly with the in market 10GB $60 plan. Dont think it will happen again unfortunately.
Jan 5, 2019
1 posts
cloakster wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 9:24 am
Just called Bell and was offered the same BYOD promo as during black Friday. (See below) This is for Ontario.

Has anyone been able to get anything better?
I got 15gb for $85 in Alberta.
They let me keep the 10gb for $60 from last year and gave me the 1gb+4gb sharable data promo for $25
Oct 20, 2009
160 posts
65 upvotes
Beeton
Losing my company cell soon :(

Need to stick with Bell (Rogers service in non-existent in my small town)....what type of deal can I aim for?

Would like...
- Samsung S9 (S9+ would be a literal PLUS)
- Unlimited call/text (Canada)
- I use like 3GB of data a month right now...a little more for wiggle room would be nice
Jan 25, 2019
1 posts
Hey all ive seen your guy's issues getting good deals and i have the best option for those of you wanting to stick with bell. Ive been with them for the last couple years with a BYOD plan ($55 a month 2gb data) long story short I ran over my Xiaomi phone with a forklift (dont ask lol) and so i decided to go with telus. A day after porting my phone over I got a call from loyalty and now this is the plan I have with going back to bell:

Loyalty OB Premium 80
Unlimited Canada wide text and call
10 Gb of data
message center
call display
premium share plan indicator
and this came with $400 off promotion to any new device

Now this is a 2 year contract but I got a google Pixel 3 Xl (128gb) for free and I pay $80 a month. The phone was free because of the $400 off promotion. So yea, get this if you can People!! BTW from Yellowknife Northwest territories
Dec 13, 2015
35 posts
10 upvotes
Quebec, QC
it says "Mobile TV" on my plan, does that mean I can watch fibe tv on my phone? Or I need to pay more to be able to access it? I feel like if I try it out, i'll be charged more for it
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6067 posts
887 upvotes
rotimanlover wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 12:26 pm
it says "Mobile TV" on my plan, does that mean I can watch fibe tv on my phone? Or I need to pay more to be able to access it? I feel like if I try it out, i'll be charged more for it
I have Mobile TV ($5 value) included in my plan. It lets you watch 5 hours with the option of paying for additional time if you go over it. You also get warnings in the Fibe TV app when you're nearing your limit.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Dec 25, 2017
587 posts
447 upvotes
Adubsthoughts wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 11:12 pm
Losing my company cell soon :(

Need to stick with Bell (Rogers service in non-existent in my small town)....what type of deal can I aim for?

Would like...
- Samsung S9 (S9+ would be a literal PLUS)
- Unlimited call/text (Canada)
- I use like 3GB of data a month right now...a little more for wiggle room would be nice
Just saying.... If you have Bell service, Telus has a tower sharing agreement with them which basically has Bell customers in the west connect to Telus towers and Telus customers in the east connect to Bell towers. There's the option of Telus.... or Koodo too!
Nov 7, 2016
182 posts
44 upvotes
Canada
IEpicDestroyer wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 5:55 pm
Just saying.... If you have Bell service, Telus has a tower sharing agreement with them which basically has Bell customers in the west connect to Telus towers and Telus customers in the east connect to Bell towers. There's the option of Telus.... or Koodo too!
I’m in the East and decide to test Bell’s network by getting prepaid service on my eSIM and, so far, I’ve had stronger signal far more often than my main Telus line.