• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2016 10:06 am
Sep 27, 2003
9652 posts
2319 upvotes
Newmarket
Rogido wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 8:38 pm
+1...I wanted to ask this same question. :D I've got 3 lines that can "spare" plenty of daytime minutes to a cheaper, bare-bones 4th line.

If you receive port-in credits on the 4th line, you may see the credits reversed by reducing your price plan. You will need to call Bell directly if you wish to reduce your price plan.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12298 posts
2890 upvotes
VANCOUVER
WorldIRC wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 8:44 pm
If you receive port-in credits on the 4th line, you may see the credits reversed by reducing your price plan. You will need to call Bell directly if you wish to reduce your price plan.

No, I don't want to reduce any of the current plans. I'm wondering if I can add one more line on the $20 plan, which can share the minutes from the other 3 lines. What does the $20 get you?
Sep 27, 2003
9652 posts
2319 upvotes
Newmarket
Rogido wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 9:02 pm
No, I don't want to reduce any of the current plans. I'm wondering if I can add one more line on the $20 plan, which can share the minutes from the other 3 lines. What does the $20 get you?

Yes, you can add the $20 on a no term. Read about 3 posts up, I posted the link.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2001
1314 posts
26 upvotes
If it wasn't for this thread and WorldIRC I would be spending more with Fido and getting less services. WorldIRC is a great asset to the RFD community and if we choose to use his services as I have, we benefit from it. As for post sale support I have no issues getting a response back or an answer. What I do appreciate is having no surprises when everything was setup. I really really do hate it when CSRs mess up and I have to spend more time on the phone correcting their mistakes.
WorldIRC wrote:
Feb 19th, 2012 12:16 pm
Bubble.Tea,
I've been asked not to advertise my services, and I won't. However, as you've read, plenty of members in this thread have gone through me to activate these plans. For that, I am indeed compensated. The people that are complaining about the screw-ups, are likely also aware that I have provided others with assistance with regards to setting these plans up. Again, I'm not advertising, just mentioning what others have mentioned in this thread.

The people that have activated through me have contacted me post-sale, and I have been there to assist and answer every single question they have. They have my phone number, my email, and of course they can PM me. 60% of them have utilized this.

When a member that has not activated through me, PM's me asking to get on the phone with Bell and fix their issues, I am not interested in helping. They are not my customer (I only represent Bell, I do not work for Bell) and while I am happy to give them guidance on their issue, I ask they post their issue publicly so that others who may have the same problem, would benefit from mine, and everyone else's advice. These customers should really be contacting the person that sold them the service to get everything resolved. They get compensated, just as I do, to stand by their product.

I am not the "typical" industry rep, and everyone on here and HoFo would vouch for that, however, I do not have a lot of "spare time" outside my work hours to assist with transactions that offer me no personal gain.

I have 21,000 posts on HoFo and another few thousand here. I am not your typical industry rep and absolutely will help when I can and when its warranted.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28478 posts
1216 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Hybrid88 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 9:40 pm
If it wasn't for this thread and WorldIRC I would be spending more with Fido and getting less services. WorldIRC is a great asset to the RFD community.....What I do appreciate is having no surprises when everything was setup. I really really do hate it when CSRs mess up and I have to spend more time on the phone correcting their mistakes.

No doubt, WIRC has some PRIMO Isssht at his disposal. Furthermore, There's a LOT of us on here and hofo who've done quite a bit for pushing the 'savings' aspect on various plans...from just the verbal support of starting & supporting the various retention threads, to the actual plan hook-up side, to the actual full on guaranteed satisfaction aspect. Customer Support is huge, Cx Education vis-a-vis the nuances of what can go down, or what to expect etc etc is a very important aspect in my opinion. I echo your comments indeed. From a personal stand point, it has translated for me quite transparently. You don't build a staggering trader track of 100% without a professional approach to honesty & integrity.
PayTM - $80
PC OPT: $4274 Ebates: $63.50
100%+ BST & Heatware Est. 2005
Kijiji & FB Marketplace trash are what put a smile on my face each day
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12298 posts
2890 upvotes
VANCOUVER
WorldIRC wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 9:07 pm
Yes, you can add the $20 on a no term. Read about 3 posts up, I posted the link.

Thanks, World. My fault for jumping into a thread from the most recent post and not going back far enough! :o

But once you add VM and CID, then it becomes less compelling, with only 50 daytime minutes, and no incoming, and no texting. I guess it's main attraction may be to use as a second-line-requirement filler.

EDIT: actually I don't know how I missed your previous post. :confused: Gotta get the eyes checked! :o
Sep 27, 2003
9652 posts
2319 upvotes
Newmarket
Rogido wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 10:03 pm
Thanks, World. My fault for jumping into a thread from the most recent post and not going back far enough! :o

But once you add VM and CID, then it becomes less compelling, with only 50 daytime minutes, and no incoming. I guess it's main attraction may be to use as a second-line-requirement filler.

EDIT: actually I don't know how I missed your previous post. :confused:

Hence, the $30 plan that I posted in the same post :) Includes more features and a larger conversion credit! Win-win!
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12298 posts
2890 upvotes
VANCOUVER
WorldIRC wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 10:07 pm
Hence, the $30 plan that I posted in the same post :) Includes more features and a larger conversion credit! Win-win!

Is the $27/350 minute plan still available? That's a even better value.
Sep 27, 2003
9652 posts
2319 upvotes
Newmarket
Rogido wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 10:43 pm
Is the $27/350 minute plan still available? That's a even better value.

Nope, both the National and the Western Canada versions are discontinued.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
9652 posts
2319 upvotes
Newmarket
Update:
While the Share 20 plan will cover the 2 line requirement, the Share 20 cannot be "shared" with any of the Small Business plans...or rather, the Promo plans won't share with the Share 20.
RFD Forums Moderator
Dec 4, 2006
168 posts
92 upvotes
Edmonton
I read it from mobile syrup that Bell now offers 10% off monthly plan with $35 activation fee waived for new customer that bring their own device. And the Eligibility says it applies for Consumer-Small Business and Consumer-Small Business Personal. Does that means we can now get discount on top of the price plan listed on this thread like the $55 or $65 plan with a new Sim Card activation?

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/02/24/bell- ... -contract/
Nov 13, 2005
96 posts
ipoddave wrote:
Feb 24th, 2012 1:26 pm
I read it from mobile syrup that Bell now offers 10% off monthly plan with $35 activation fee waived for new customer that bring their own device. And the Eligibility says it applies for Consumer-Small Business and Consumer-Small Business Personal. Does that means we can now get discount on top of the price plan listed on this thread like the $55 or $65 plan with a new Sim Card activation?

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/02/24/bell- ... -contract/

I just signed up just yesterday... :( I hope we could get this discount.
Sep 27, 2003
9652 posts
2319 upvotes
Newmarket
Guys
The 10% discount AND waived activation fee ONLY apply to www.bell.ca consumer rate plans on NO CONTRACT terms. These Small Biz promo plans are not eligible.

Just because the account type classification is "Small Business", doesn't mean the specific rate plans mentioned in this thread are compatible with that discount.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
9652 posts
2319 upvotes
Newmarket
Hi Guys,
Just an observation from a multi-line activation I performed today.

The new $55 plan has been placed into a different "share" category so that it can be shared with the $10 Tablet / Stick addon. As a result, the $55 plan does NOT share its data with the 3 $65 plan users, and was only linked with the $10 addon user.

Now, I have only tested this based on users with the $65, $55, and $10. Perhaps if the user did not take the $10 option, then the $55 and $65 would share their data, but I don't know for sure, so for now, we have to assume the worst (that the $55 can ONLY be shared with the $10 addon, and nothing else). If I do another activation with a $65 and $55, and see that they do indeed share in that case, then I will update accordingly.
RFD Forums Moderator
Mar 3, 2012
29 posts
4 upvotes
HAMILTON
Hy sry about my bad english but i have some question and hope somebody can help me

I took 21 februar 2 numbers from bell (small buiseness right)
And 2 iphones one is 4g and the other is 4s
And o downloaded the self service from bell
And it says thats my bill is 243,75$ on 24 februar
But everything is in the plan
Data, voice, text is in the plan nothing is lets say overused lol

So does anybody know why is it so high it should be 65$ plus taxes and the first connection 35$ right?
I looked on my other number and its the same bill 243,75$
I send a text message to 82273 and they said the same number