• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2016 10:06 am
Sep 27, 2003
9353 posts
2166 upvotes
Newmarket
aerohead888 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2014 12:16 pm
I currently have two lines plus a tablet SIM on a small business account with about 10 months left on my contract.

Can I terminate one of the lines and keep the other one and the Tablet SIM active?
Depends on which Small Biz plan you have and if there was a rule that 2+ lines was required. A Tablet SIM usually never counted as the second line.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Sep 27, 2003
9353 posts
2166 upvotes
Newmarket
y26day wrote:
Jan 4th, 2015 11:07 pm
RJones. Where about are you? I am in BCBC and looking to do something about my 2 line with Bell. Currently on the 65 minus 10 share plan that hahas 6gb data each. Can't renew it so no hardware up.
Your $65 w/ 6GB should be available in a $75 variant (which includes an upgrade) as a loyalty offer depending how far into your contract you are. Yes it is a small price increase but remember...1. your $10 discount will expire at the end of your original 36 months and 2. the new $75 plan is only 24 months and far more valuable than anything out there today.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 6, 2012
468 posts
149 upvotes
Vancouver
WorldIRC wrote:
Jan 4th, 2015 11:20 pm
Your $65 w/ 6GB should be available in a $75 variant (which includes an upgrade) as a loyalty offer depending how far into your contract you are. Yes it is a small price increase but remember...1. your $10 discount will expire at the end of your original 36 months and 2. the new $75 plan is only 24 months and far more valuable than anything out there today.
Thank you for the tips. Bell CSR told me that I can go m2m after my 3yr contact expired and the 10 credit would remain. Guess that may be a mistake and I better recheck with them. The only thing is that I can't get some port in credit from bell hence I was asking RJones as 400 each line helps a lot as well. BTW, I have 6 month to go on my contact
Jan 5, 2015
8 posts
Vancouver, BC
WorldIRC wrote:
I am within 25 days of the end of my 36 month Bell Small Business Promo Smart 65 plan, with two lines and one tablet:

PLAN 1: Total $55/month
[INDENT]Small Business promo smart 65 36M $65.00[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Member to Member Local Calling $0.00[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Small Business Promo bundle 65 $79.00[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Less discount adjustment $79.00cr[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Unlimited Canada to Canada Long Distance $40.00[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Less discount adjustment $25.00cr[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Total Monthly Charges (before taxes) $80.00[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Less Port-In Credit $10.00 cr[/INDENT]

PLAN 2: Total $70/month

[INDENT]Small Business promo smart 65 36M $65.00[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Member to Member Local Calling $0.00[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Small Business Promo bundle 65 $79.00[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Less discount adjustment $79.00cr[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Total Monthly Charges (before taxes) $65.00[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Less Port-In Credit $10.00 cr[/INDENT]

Each plan has:
  • 550 shared daytimes minutes
  • Unlimited incoming
  • 6pm nights and weekends
  • Unlimited local plan member talk
  • Call Display, Voicemail, Test messaging
  • 6GB shared data
Plus plan 1 has Unlimited Canada-Canada Long Distance

I have called Bell and Client Solutions let me know that at the end of this month I will no longer be eligible for the $10/month discount for the port-in credit nor the $79/month small business promo bundle which would raise the cost by $89/month per line.

Any suggestions on how to retain this current plan(s) or some close to equivalent in replacement?

Thanks.
Mar 14, 2006
362 posts
13 upvotes
I'm also wondering what the new small business plans are looking like, my 2 lines are I believe hitting 3 years sometime in April and would like to know what my options are ... I'm on the $65-$10 550m 6GB plan for both, any help would be appreciated ...
Jan 25, 2011
55 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal
I also have 4 lines I'd like to port to Bell with contracts up very shortly. Something like RJones got from Telus would be awesome. Any Bell rep here can OM me with current deals?

Thanks
Jan 5, 2015
8 posts
Vancouver, BC
With Bell this is the latest Small Business plan offer client solutions has put on the table and they are saying it doesn't matter whether 1 or more lines:

PLUS Plan $95/month
o Unlimited Canada – Canada & Canada – USA Calling
o Unlimited international texts
o Unlimited texting, picture/video messaging
o Message center with call display, 3 way calling
o 6GB Data (sharable)

PUS Plan $140/month
o Unlimited Canada – Canada & Canada – USA Calling
o Unlimited international texts
o 10GB Data (sharable)

LITE PLAN $130/month
o Unlimited calling Canada
o 10GB data (sharable)
o $50/month second phone, share data

SHARABLE Small Business Plan – Blackberry
• Unlimited calling Canada wide
• Unlimited Canada texts
• Unlimited texting, picture/video messaging Canada
• Message center with call display, 3 way calling
• 7GB Data (sharable)
• $40 (own phone) + $60 (7GB) + $10 Can->US Calls = $110/month + $10/tablet = $120
• $40 (own phone) extra line add-on
• 30 day no contract period
Jan 5, 2015
8 posts
Vancouver, BC
Update with Bell Client Solutions on Small Business promo smart 65 36M $65.00/month plan (2+ lines) for contracts ending.

In on-line chat I was informed that should I go month-to-month I would lose the $10/month port-in credit but the $79/month Small Business Promo bundle 65 credit would still apply. Bell indicated that "they have the discounts* on until 2020 if you stay with the same plan." based on the subscriber discount rate date. The caveat is that two lines or more must be maintained, otherwise it is no longer a Small Business Plan.

*Only the $79/month discount for the small busines promo bundle 65

Seems pretty reasonable to continue with the plan compared to what else they have offering? Of course, there would be no subsidized hardware upgrades available.
Jan 5, 2015
8 posts
Vancouver, BC
WorldIRC wrote:
Curious, what is included in the $75 variant that is different from prior Small Business promo smart 65 36M $65.00?

Thanks.
Mar 14, 2006
362 posts
13 upvotes
Blueeyesmecguy wrote:
Jan 21st, 2015 12:26 am
Update with Bell Client Solutions on Small Business promo smart 65 36M $65.00/month plan (2+ lines) for contracts ending.

In on-line chat I was informed that should I go month-to-month I would lose the $10/month port-in credit but the $79/month Small Business Promo bundle 65 credit would still apply. Bell indicated that "they have the discounts* on until 2020 if you stay with the same plan." based on the subscriber discount rate date. The caveat is that two lines or more must be maintained, otherwise it is no longer a Small Business Plan.

*Only the $79/month discount for the small busines promo bundle 65

Seems pretty reasonable to continue with the plan compared to what else they have offering? Of course, there would be no subsidized hardware upgrades available.
Thanks for an update, I wouldn't mind just going month to month with my plan, I'm okay with losing the $10 credit since its still a deal ...
Jan 5, 2015
8 posts
Vancouver, BC
Jet007 wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2015 2:10 am
Thanks for an update, I wouldn't mind just going month to month with my plan, I'm okay with losing the $10 credit since its still a deal ...
You may want to call Bell to verify as when I called them again today just to verify what will happen four days from now when my 3 yr contract ends, the client solutions rep said that any discounts will automatically drop off at the end of the contract and then proceded to start to describe other packages available. They couldn't explain to me why Bell Mobility's chat service indicated the $79/month discount would still continue until 2020 if I stayed with the same plan. Ultimately I am so confused and frustrated with the varying information I am receiving from Bell that I am actively looking at what other carriers have to offer.

For myself I will only deal with a corporate store and anything that is unclear I will have it written down by the rep on the contract and signed.
Sep 27, 2003
9353 posts
2166 upvotes
Newmarket
Blueeyesmecguy wrote:
Jan 21st, 2015 2:05 am
Curious, what is included in the $75 variant that is different from prior Small Business promo smart 65 36M $65.00?

Thanks.
You gain picture messaging, you lose US text messaging, you re-gain the ability to do a hardware upgrade.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
9353 posts
2166 upvotes
Newmarket
Blueeyesmecguy wrote:
Jan 26th, 2015 2:03 pm
You may want to call Bell to verify as when I called them again today just to verify what will happen four days from now when my 3 yr contract ends, the client solutions rep said that any discounts will automatically drop off at the end of the contract and then proceded to start to describe other packages available. They couldn't explain to me why Bell Mobility's chat service indicated the $79/month discount would still continue until 2020 if I stayed with the same plan. Ultimately I am so confused and frustrated with the varying information I am receiving from Bell that I am actively looking at what other carriers have to offer.

For myself I will only deal with a corporate store and anything that is unclear I will have it written down by the rep on the contract and signed.
The $79 credit is linked to the $65 plan - won't go anywhere as long as you don't change your plan. The $10 credit on the other hand was a 36 month promo credit for porting your # in from another carrier...that one will expire at the end of the 36 month term.
RFD Forums Moderator
Jan 5, 2015
8 posts
Vancouver, BC
WorldIRC wrote:
Jan 27th, 2015 7:36 pm
The $79 credit is linked to the $65 plan - won't go anywhere as long as you don't change your plan. The $10 credit on the other hand was a 36 month promo credit for porting your # in from another carrier...that one will expire at the end of the 36 month term.
After 2 hours with Bell's online chat rep, I discovered the following information which is consistent with the last online chat rep and might explain the discrepancy with the Bell client solutions reps I have talked with:
- promotions are usually set to end when the contract ends
- a new Bell computer software system was introduced about 1.5 years ago
- the new system shows the newer plans with the discounts alongside the plan features, which telephone customer service can access
- a Bell telephone rep would need to download a different application system to check the features of an older plan and usually loyalty reps won't don't it as they want to push new plans. A supervisor can access both the old and new system.
- each discount has an end date which may or may not coincide with the contract end date
- for the $79 / month discount on the Small Business Promo bundle 65 bundle, that discount is set in Bell's system to expire in 2020
- maintaining the Small Business Promo $65 plan once your contract expires will allow you to continue to receive the $79/month discount on the promo bundle up to 2020 if you continue month-to-month
- other promo features have their own set discount end date (e.g. the unlimited Canada to Canada long distance feature with a 62.5% discount ($40-$25=$15/mth) ends on April 9, 2015)
- the $10/month port-in credit discount has an end date of April 9, 2015 (even though my 3 year contract ended January 29, 2015)
- if you drop one of the added features to your Small Business Promo $65 plan (e.g. if you added a long distance feature), you can still retain the $79/month discount on the promo bundle up to 2020 as your core plan is remaining the same (e.g. I future dated a Canada to Canada long distance feature that is $15/month starting April 10, 2015)
- to add unlimited picture&video messaging to this plan, it is currently $5/month
- Bell rep indicated I can cancel one line (i.e. had two Small Business promo smart $65 plans; two lines) and retain only one $65/line along with the $79/month discount adjustment. The requirement that was needed in the beginning to maintain two+ lines no longer exists once the contract is over. You can maintain a small business account with one line unless as a customer unless you want to change to a consumer plan
- even once the contract ends if you want to terminate the service, the termination date will be 30 days from the day you call as this is stipulated in the original contract

TIPS:
- if you chat with an online rep, because they can access the features of older plans, ask them to put a memo on your account with the details discussed
- print a copy of the chat with the online rep because if you choose the option to have the chat emailed to you, Bell's system will *** out various dates and dollar amounts discussed

Hope this helps someone else out and ultimately I will see what happens to my next bill post contract end date.

*** Post contract end date update ***
-$10/mth port-in credit disappeared once switched to month-to-month (m2m)
-$79/mth credit REMAINED for the Small Business Promo Bundle 65

Summary, now paying $65/mth for the Small Business Promo 65 plan and going m2m. Still don't have MMS nor new hardware but can use other apps to send video/pic messages using the 6GB data and not excited about the current hardware offerings.
Nov 13, 2005
96 posts
Great post Blueeyesmecguy. I have a 65 plan and Small Biz V&D 90 Promo. Couple of questions... so if I were to go m2m, the 65 plan would be raised to 75$? What happens to my other line? Would that raise at all? Any options? I call US on a daily basis, so I need this plan. Also, if I wanted to go month to month, do I still need to call Bell and tell them that I want to go m2m? Any help will be much appreciated. My contract ends on the 26th. Thanks.