[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower

Thunder Bay 75 or 85 w/12GB of LTE Data, Unlimited USD/CDN Min+ MORE

Deal Link:
I was waiting for Bell to update their website. They are finally matching TBay Tel offerings.

http://www.bell.ca/thunderbay

[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109 ... 0Plans.JPG[/IMG]

and

[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109 ... 0Plans.JPG[/IMG]

P.S. I didn't want Mobile Syrup to be the first ones to "break" the news ;)

Mod Edit: Discussions regarding getting this deal outside of Thunder Bay will no longer be allowed! This thread will remain open, but anyone discussing how to get this deal outside of the stated provinces will have their post deleted. Repeated violations may result in a temporary ban from the site.
Share:
300 replies
Nov 18, 2013
118 posts
18 upvotes
Are these plans still limited to those with Tbay numbers and the need to visit a Tbay store?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3493 posts
1534 upvotes
Ottawa
seems interesting, any way to get in other ontario locations
Apr 23, 2011
407 posts
160 upvotes
Montreal
Nice find. I wonder if they will ever include voice and data roaming in the TBay plans...

The first TBay $45 plan offerd a better value tho, I guess this is good compared to other plans on the market today.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21710 posts
2968 upvotes
Toronto
I must be blind (hard to see on mobile) but I can't seem to see any difference between the $75 per month Data Lite vs the $85 Data plus plan...
MartletMedia wrote: Nice find. I wonder if they will ever include voice and data roaming in the TBay plans...
You mean voice + data roaming in the US?

If so, probably not for a long time....they must make a killing with the roaming charges....

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2009
1357 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: I must be blind (hard to see on mobile) but I can't seem to see any difference between the $75 per month Data Lite vs the $85 Data plus plan...

You mean voice + data roaming in the US?

If so, probably not for a long time....they must make a killing with the roaming charges....

I think the plus is related to the phone that you use. For instance iPhone and the premium Samsung phones would have to used with a plus plan I assume.
Nov 23, 2013
270 posts
101 upvotes
Thunder Bay
It's sad you guys try and find tricks to work aroundit. I called bell and telus and told them v you guys were planning on doing this. And they laughed. Lol, sad...
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4368 posts
1106 upvotes
Hamilton
you can get the plans in the GTA.
do some looking, as I think it's against policy to state how to here...
Check out HoFo.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6654 posts
3008 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Wow these are great plans, I wish they were available everywhere cause I know some people that would take them.

But I'm so glad I jumped on the 6GB Bell plan about 2 years ago for 60$.

For 60$ I get 6GB Data, Fab 10, unlimited text, 200 daytime minute, unlimited after 6PM and weekends, 100 min long distance, Caller ID and Voice mail, 10 hours mobile TV.

The only problem if is I upgrade my phone I would need to pay more and get less data... so I think I will just buy a phone outright when my upgrade is due.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1163 posts
541 upvotes
The 6ix
nounou23 wrote: Wow these are great plans, I wish they were available everywhere cause I know some people that would take them.

But I'm so glad I jumped on the 6GB Bell plan about 2 years ago for 60$.

For 60$ I get 6GB Data, Fab 10, unlimited text, 200 daytime minute, unlimited after 6PM and weekends, 100 min long distance, Caller ID and Voice mail, 10 hours mobile TV.

The only problem if is I upgrade my phone I would need to pay more and get less data... so I think I will just buy a phone outright when my upgrade is due.
Are you saying that we can't keep the same plan if we do a hardware upgrade?
May 14, 2008
426 posts
230 upvotes
Question, why are TB plans different from the ROC?
Never surf the web unarmed!
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2496 posts
2831 upvotes
Fredericton
el_pablo wrote: Question, why are TB plans different from the ROC?
http://www.tbaytel.net/

One of only a couple pockets of real competition in the country. (The others being MTS in Manitoba, and Sasktel in Sask.)
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2496 posts
2831 upvotes
Fredericton
catalan26 wrote: It's sad you guys try and find tricks to work aroundit. I called bell and telus and told them v you guys were planning on doing this. And they laughed. Lol, sad...
Keep fighting the good fight in the name of faceless corporations, I am sure they will reward you with some coupons.
Oct 5, 2008
840 posts
84 upvotes
TO
Anyone on the old 6gb 50 plan thinking about going to the 12gb 75/80 plan?

Do they still offer 10% off if you bring your own phone. If so the 75 plan will go to 67.5 which is hot for 12gb
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
Nice. Wondering why bell would do this considering they already have a chokehold on the entire GTA.

One thing though, the price of 1Gb of data a month has never dropped below $40 right?
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1398 posts
844 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
catalan26 wrote: It's sad you guys try and find tricks to work aroundit. I called bell and telus and told them v you guys were planning on doing this. And they laughed. Lol, sad...
No please, don't tell your mommy.
Nov 23, 2013
270 posts
101 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Bordak wrote: Keep fighting the good fight in the name of faceless corporations, I am sure they will reward you with some coupons.
Why so defensive? Nothing against the Thunder Bay people, since it's for us. But for those calling in, to get the plans matched in other cities are just taking it to far... Its a Thunder Bay plan for a reason. People will do what they want though.
Oct 11, 2006
352 posts
44 upvotes
can not get this plan in GTA area(bell store can not active or choose this plan) or over the phone.

only can get in TB bell store.....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6654 posts
3008 upvotes
Moncton, NB
vr_nguyen wrote: Are you saying that we can't keep the same plan if we do a hardware upgrade?
From what I understand if you have an old plan and you upgrade you have to change plans.
Nov 23, 2013
270 posts
101 upvotes
Thunder Bay
nounou23 wrote: From what I understand if you have an old plan and you upgrade you have to change plans.
In this case; to keep your old, more desirable plan- the best course of action would be to keep the plan going monthly, and purchase new hardware outright.

Or supplement a new contract as byod

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)