[Bell] New Bell Store $40 5gb Unltd

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2019 11:41 am
[OP]
Jul 22, 2019
23 posts
16 upvotes

[Bell] New Bell Store $40 5gb Unltd

There is a new Bell Store inside Bridlewood Mall, Scarborough, ON. And they have right now a “soft opening” promotion going on.

The picture without any English says cell phone plans of $40 5gb/ $50 8.5gb, both including unlimited Canada minutes and unlimited international texts, caller ID, voice mail, call waiting and conference call. Also says no contact, no extra fees, no credit check (approval).

About 30+ people are waiting in line to get the deals at 5pm Staturday, August 10. So I assumed they might be good.

You might want to ask expiration, which I don’t know. But I think it should still be there at least for Sunday.
Images
  • F395D21D-12AB-4829-86EF-5AB219AB6E67.jpeg
  • 96D7B5A9-0C63-4CDE-8167-CA1193AC39C4.jpeg
Last edited by Poundcake on Aug 10th, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Mar 26, 2019
170 posts
56 upvotes
Poundcake wrote: There is a new Bell Store inside Bridlewood Mall, Scarborough, ON. And they have right now a “soft opening” promotion going on.

The picture without any English says cell phone plans of $40 5gb/ $50 8.5gb, both including unlimited Canada minutes and unlimited international texts, caller ID, voice message, call waiting and conference call. Also says no contact, no extra fees, no credit check (approval).

About 30+ people are waiting in line to get the deals at 5pm Staturday, August 10. So I assumed they might be good.

You might want to ask expiration, which I don’t know. But I think it should still be there at least for Sunday.
Any idea why it's written in Chinese?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3865 posts
860 upvotes
centre of universe
SKYhigh75f wrote: Any idea why it's written in Chinese?
Because you are in Canada. in Toronto anywhere above 401 will have this. Also that area.
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
New Mantra for idiots Just ask RFD before searching answers anywhere.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7635 posts
5142 upvotes
Canada
I bet these are just regular Lucky mobile plans

$40 5GB
$50 8.5GB
Last edited by RFDQ1016 on Aug 10th, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 22, 2017
83 posts
25 upvotes
misleading thread title- it is 5gb and not data unlimited
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1072 posts
1118 upvotes
Toronto
Poundcake wrote: There is a new Bell Store inside Bridlewood Mall, Scarborough, ON. And they have right now a “soft opening” promotion going on.

The picture without any English says cell phone plans of $40 5gb/ $50 8.5gb, both including unlimited Canada minutes and unlimited international texts, caller ID, voice message, call waiting and conference call. Also says no contact, no extra fees, no credit check (approval).

Hey OP, appreciate the posting, and could you please update the title so that it's more accurate with the post?

When I read the title, I read:
$40
5g network
Unlimited data

But you probably meant
$40
4g network
5gb data
Unlimited call/text

Could you add a "b" to "5g" in the title? Hopefully this would clarify it for others as well so not to drive confusion.

Thank you :)
Jul 23, 2009
909 posts
427 upvotes
Ireland
So $40 for unlimited data on 5G network?

Still a good deal IMO, $50 for 8.5 gb on a Big 3 is hot. I pay more than that on Freedom and I can't even get data here in Saskatchewan. If the Big 3 can offer more competitive prices like this they can easily bankrupt Freedom so I don't see why not.
Dec 15, 2009
494 posts
69 upvotes
GTA
5gb at what speed 3G, or 4G LTE? If it LTE speed this is hot.
Last edited by superdeal007 on Aug 10th, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POCO X3 NFC + Public Mobile $10+ At&t prepaid 8+17gb. $32.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9679 posts
6406 upvotes
Toronto
SKYhigh75f wrote: Any idea why it's written in Chinese?
It's the neighborhood, very common to see signs in Chinese around these parts.
Feb 5, 2017
385 posts
388 upvotes
Vancouver
As others mentioned, most likely Lucky Mobile Plans
Aug 12, 2018
7 posts
1 upvote
I asked the clerk. Unless you choose the $75+ mobile plan, anything under is lucky mobile network. I'm hesitant to use lucky mobile network (basically a fraction of Bell in terms of the network potential, which means slower, chance of outages, possible disconnections). Bell and Telus has one of the more reliable networks in the country, so I wouldn't discount that this is worth going into. Although it isn't much of a deal since you can get this at any Lucky mobile store
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7635 posts
5142 upvotes
Canada
Zepharoz wrote: I asked the clerk. Unless you choose the $75+ mobile plan, anything under is lucky mobile network. I'm hesitant to use lucky mobile network (basically a fraction of Bell in terms of the network potential, which means slower, chance of outages, possible disconnections). Bell and Telus has one of the more reliable networks in the country, so I wouldn't discount that this is worth going into. Although it isn't much of a deal since you can get this at any Lucky mobile store
Lucky and Bell have the same 4G network. Lucky is a Bell owned brand. Only the data speed is limited to 3mbps on Lucky. But it should be a issue unless you stream 4k