Bell

[Retention] Gigabit Fibe for $59.95/month

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2023 8:37 pm
Nov 24, 2018
274 posts
355 upvotes

[Bell] [Retention] Gigabit Fibe for $59.95/month

First time posting a deal, so please go easy. I did check the ongoing Bell thread, but the front pages haven't been updated since 2018 so it's hard to figure out what's available now.

Background:

I called into Bell to cancel my internet service. I previously had the Fibe 500 + Alt TV bundle, which came out to $49.95 after credits, but the credits were expiring in March and I would be paying $100.95/month for the bundle afterwards.

Offer:

$55 permanent credit for Gigabit Fibe.

At a regular price of $109.95*, this works out to be $54.95 before tax.
EDIT: this deal was posted in February. In March, Bell raised prices for all internet services by $5, which I had mentioned on this page here. With the base price now at $114.95, and same $55 credit, the price is now $59.95/month. https://www.bell.ca/rateadjustment?id=rateadjustmentd

The agent initially came back with the same offer but that I MUST bundle in Alt TV for $10/month, which would bring the deal to $64.95/month before tax. I didn't personally find much value in having it, and after some back and forth they were able to do it without the TV portion. $10 is the regular price for Alt TV so I can always add it back later if I wanted.

Other important details

• I don't see this deal online.
  • Retention deals are always YMMV. Bell is widely known to price based on competition in the area. If you are in an area with little competition and no other fiber providers, there's a good chance you won't be able to get this.
  • I did ask about other speeds, and the agent said no offers.
  • I didn't ask if this would be available to new customers. I am already a Bell customer, so activation/installation fees did not apply.
  • Because I am a relatively light user (see below section), I did say that I was cancelling to go with a cheaper provider at lower speed to lower my bill. I think I quoted the Fido 150u deal.
  • It took no time to connect with an agent (I called into Bell's regular 1-877-657-3519 customer service number and followed the prompts) and the whole call took about 40 minutes.

My experience with Bell

I'm in Ontario. I live in a condo building, but we did not get the $37/month 5-year bulk deal that some buildings got.

I mostly use it for streaming regular media (Netflix etc) and not super high quality content or gaming. For my usage, quality of Bell's internet has been excellent, did not have a single issue with outages or lagging. Honestly, I don't need Gigabit, or even the 500u I had before, but it's nice for the occasional movie.

Edit: so many typos, more details, image
Edit: to reflect March price increase for all internet services
Images
  • Bell 1GB RFD.png
Last edited by Zook123 on Mar 4th, 2020 10:10 am, edited 10 times in total.
751 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
A little off topic, but my wifi name is BellSux.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON
Condos in Toronto will frequently get the gigabit deal due to competition, even more so now that Beanfield is doing 1g symmetrical for 50$, plus they are expanding to a bunch of new buildings.
Nov 24, 2018
274 posts
355 upvotes
overtask wrote: Condos in Toronto will frequently get the gigabit deal due to competition, even more so now that Beanfield is doing 1g symmetrical for 50$, plus they are expanding to a bunch of new buildings.
FWIW, my condo does not have other fiber service providers. I did say that I'd be willing to downgrade speed to go with a cheaper provider though, so maybe that matters.
Last edited by Zook123 on Feb 17th, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 18, 2017
807 posts
1669 upvotes
hansdoreen wrote: A little off topic, but my wifi name is BellSux.
You clearly live where Eastlink and Vianet are NOT the only other options.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5771 posts
7832 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
For those who can get this. Should be a hot deal!

Im on the west coast so Bell isnt an option. I got the Telus Gig for $85. It has been blazing fast and stable.
Nov 24, 2018
274 posts
355 upvotes
hansdoreen wrote: A little off topic, but my wifi name is BellSux.
Would be ironic if that's the name of your Bell modem... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Honestly, at least in Ontario, Bell's network quality for both internet and mobility are significantly better than Rogers. The customer service... well you can only hope to not need them for anything. TekSavvy had the best customer service I've experienced but their speeds just don't match up.
Jul 12, 2010
316 posts
391 upvotes
Ontario
I am in Cogeco area ... the lowest they give for Gigabit internet is $75/month. I want cable internet, so Bell isn't an option right now. I am with Start for now, but they can't match the speed ... may be ditching them soon for Cogeco ... start has the best customer service, but I need more speed now ...
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1290 posts
720 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I need this. I was on call with bell retnetion few days ago and they only offered me $10 off.. making gigabit $105.. smh
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
OP your phone number is in your screenshot
Nov 10, 2019
283 posts
264 upvotes
CANADA
Its not his real number.
the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear ...
Nov 24, 2018
274 posts
355 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: OP your phone number is in your screenshot
Thanks for the reminder! Like @SERDAR said it's not my real number... the Bell internal system is identified by your home phone number, but if you don't have home phone service with them they just assign you a fake one. Nontheless, I should've cropped it. Updated the pic.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1290 posts
720 upvotes
Richmond Hill
illicit wrote: Thanks OP!
What did you mention to get this deal? Where do you live? Condo or house?
Aug 14, 2018
404 posts
505 upvotes
GTA
The Bell rep I had was such a di*k.. sent him a Snapshot and said it might be error. Will try again tomorrow.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Sent from outta Space :twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1391 posts
629 upvotes
Hamilton
Stay away from bell and their billing antics! The service is actually really good but the support and billing is horrendous. They sent a tech one time who didn't even know what 4k was and this was just a few years ago.
Feb 18, 2019
569 posts
795 upvotes
I know people love to hate on Bell and Rogers, but this is a good deal. I've had Gigabit fibe for about 2 years, started at $44.95, currently paying $49.95, guess it'll go to $54.95 this year. It's rock solid and speed is as advertised (unlike their main competitor). I am pushing huge amounts of data / month and never heard a peep from Bell.
Sep 29, 2007
747 posts
345 upvotes
Ontario
khimany wrote: I am in Cogeco area ... the lowest they give for Gigabit internet is $75/month. I want cable internet, so Bell isn't an option right now. I am with Start for now, but they can't match the speed ... may be ditching them soon for Cogeco ... start has the best customer service, but I need more speed now ...
Cogeco's "gigabit" isn't nearly that. It's about 940/50 at the best. And it's never at the best.
Dec 13, 2006
646 posts
337 upvotes
It's a good deal, but it's sad that ot's a catch and I hate thus new way of doimg thing.

I got a 40$ permanent fibe rebate, 1.5 years ago.. 50$ instead of 90$ that was a good deal... But now base price went up so much that they give 55$ permanent.

Thanks for the heads up... Will try to change my rebate.
Dec 5, 2019
27 posts
103 upvotes
Just call 18662420008, it is extremely YMMV when dealing with retentions. This number has the same type of offers that are unadvertised that OP mentioned, and condos generally have some of the best deals I’ve seen.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)