8289 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill

Bell Tablet Flex data (SIM only) plan $20 for 1GB

Source

Fongo
[QUOTE]1Gb of data can get you 2000 minutes with fongo. [/QUOTE]

Billing period

[QUOTE]The billing period is from 16th of current month and 15th to the next month. Bell won't do pro-rate charges...

bell-tablet-flex-data-sim-only-plan-20- ... st17474813[/QUOTE]

Activation
[QUOTE]Simply walk into BB and ask to activate a tablet (sim only) plan. They will give you a bell LTE enabled sim card and you'll be good to go in 1/2 hour.[/QUOTE]

Usage

[QUOTE]Its a step up plan

$5 = 10 MB
$20 = 1 GB
$40 = 5 GB

any over-usage above 5GB is $10 / GB
[/QUOTE]

30 Day Pass

[QUOTE]1. get a free micro sim card from Apple store for my iPad2
2. Call Bell to activate the sim card, just tell them you want to get 30 day pass via iPad
3. Put the micro sim card in iPad2 and get the 30 day plan you want under the "cellular data" option
4. Take the micro sim card out from iPad2 and put it in a Regular sim card adpater and put it in the phone
5. Create a new APN with pda2.bell.ca[/QUOTE]

Cancellation
[QUOTE]Redula: If it is a month to month service then there will be no cancellation charge but there is a 30 day notice still.[/QUOTE]
1407 replies
May 15, 2007
479 posts
2 upvotes
shame these tablet sims cant work in smartphones (so one can just have data only). From what i read one would have to have a tablet to activate the sim card then you could pull the sim and place it into your smartphone for data-only access. And for those who will inevitably ask why bother to get a smartphone only to get data-only: Portability and the potential for phone access if prices become reasonable (you know, like in non-monopoly, non-price-fixed competitive markets) or traveling in a different country and need a +voice sim on-the-go.
Jan 13, 2013
243 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
Virgin Mobile will be cheaper if you'll use more than 1GB: http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/tab ... cid=NAV:10 5GB for $35
bs9999 wrote: shame these tablet sims cant work in smartphones (so one can just have data only). From what i read one would have to have a tablet to activate the sim card then you could pull the sim and place it into your smartphone for data-only access. And for those who will inevitably ask why bother to get a smartphone only to get data-only: Portability and the potential for phone access if prices become reasonable (you know, like in non-monopoly, non-price-fixed competitive markets) or traveling in a different country and need a +voice sim on-the-go.
You can just sign up for Virgin Mobile's tablet plan (SIM Cards are free at VM), put it in your phone and it will work (worked for me). It'll be the same for every other provider, but the thing is some of those people at Kiosks/Stores might give you hard time if you say you don't have a tablet. I also bought a SIM Card from TELUS for $10, activated it online on a tablet plan, put the SIM in my phone and started using it without a problem; didn't even need to set a new APN. You'll be able to make calls, send/receive text messages, but it was $1/min last time I had that plan, and you can't add voice/texting add-ons, so it'll be very expensive.
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Rogers used to have a Data plan for $50 dollars 10GB, I regret for not taking it. Now it's not available.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4374 posts
3648 upvotes
Ontario
yulett wrote: Virgin Mobile will be cheaper if you'll use more than 1GB: http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/tab ... cid=NAV:10 5GB for $35

You can just sign up for Virgin Mobile's tablet plan (SIM Cards are free at VM), put it in your phone and it will work (worked for me). It'll be the same for every other provider, but the thing is some of those people at Kiosks/Stores might give you hard time if you say you don't have a tablet. I also bought a SIM Card from TELUS for $10, activated it online on a tablet plan, put the SIM in my phone and started using it without a problem; didn't even need to set a new APN. You'll be able to make calls, send/receive text messages, but it was $1/min last time I had that plan, and you can't add voice/texting add-ons, so it'll be very expensive.
Do you know if I can convince them to add any kind of phone stuff on it or just not worth the hard time?
---
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
1gb data is NOTHING if u got LTE speeds, need 6gb minimum, i'd rather have that rogers 10gb for 50 bucks plan instead of any phone plan, don't need voice mins on my phone plan
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Dec 30, 2007
873 posts
316 upvotes
yulett wrote: Virgin Mobile will be cheaper if you'll use more than 1GB: http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/tab ... cid=NAV:10 5GB for $35

The virgin plan looks great. Too bad it doesn't include tethering.
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
I had virgin and i had fido and it worked just fine but for voice fongo is terrible unless you are in a good signal area. Even on hspa+ if i had less than 4 bars it was unusable it was so bad for voice. Also they keep updating their app and when they do they disable old versions so if you get important calls its an issue
May 28, 2012
361 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal
the question is tablet flex + fongo, is it reliable?
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1691 posts
755 upvotes
Up in the air
I've been using the Bell tablet plan on my Nexus 4 for a couple of weeks. Seems to work great since I only use my phone for data and Fongo works well for me when I'm on WiFi.

I bought the sim card from BB and because they activated it for me the card was free.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56026 posts
20953 upvotes
timberland29 wrote: The virgin plan looks great. Too bad it doesn't include tethering.
My bell prepaid plan doesn't include tethering but I do enable mobile hotspots all the time on my phone.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56026 posts
20953 upvotes

Virgin's website doesn't reflect the $35 5 GB plan.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1172 posts
1011 upvotes
Montreal
Fongo is cr$ap.

I use vonage for unlimited NA calls for free. Their calls over 3g are crystal clear. They have an app for the iphone
marcelomanzo01 wrote: the question is tablet flex + fongo, is it reliable?
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1691 posts
755 upvotes
Up in the air
perfchris wrote: Fongo is cr$ap.

I use vonage for unlimited NA calls for free. Their calls over 3g are crystal clear. They have an app for the iphone
Does Vonage work like Fongo so you can call landlines for free?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1172 posts
1011 upvotes
Montreal
You can call any us or canadian number for free landline cell line anything
It is the most stable voip that i have used
flyboy320 wrote: Does Vonage work like Fongo so you can call landlines for free?
[OP]
Banned
Oct 28, 2006
8289 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill
perfchris wrote: You can call any us or canadian number for free landline cell line anything
It is the most stable voip that i have used
I wonder how long the promotional period will last for...

Also, does this include voicemail for free?

I am strongly considering a reliable voip service to replace my mobile plan
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1691 posts
755 upvotes
Up in the air
I also wonder how much of a battery drain VoIP service is compared to Fongo, or does Vonage work the same as Fongo?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)