bell temporary service suspension fee?? $49

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2020 7:24 pm
[OP]
Dec 2, 2009
54 posts
77 upvotes

bell temporary service suspension fee?? $49

We have Bell internet at a seasonal trailer. Of course we won't be there over the winter and want to suspend the service for 6 months.

Apparently they want a $49 fee for the suspension..... seems ridiculous and cash grab. Anyone had luck getting the fee waived or reduced?
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7396 posts
1571 upvotes
Scarborough
Might be cheaper/better to just cancel.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
17173 posts
11889 upvotes
Markham
sven72 wrote: We have Bell internet at a seasonal trailer. Of course we won't be there over the winter and want to suspend the service for 6 months.

Apparently they want a $49 fee for the suspension..... seems ridiculous and cash grab. Anyone had luck getting the fee waived or reduced?
If they didn't charge you a fee to suspend service everyone would be suspending it for a week or two weeks or a month here and there, then they'll want to suspend it a weekend etc. I actually think $49 (less than half a month subscription for better/best plans) for 6 months is not bad because stop service/end contract and new install fees would be a lot more.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9081 posts
2084 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: If they didn't charge you a fee to suspend service everyone would be suspending it for a week or two weeks or a month here and there, then they'll want to suspend it a weekend etc. I actually think $49 (less than half a month subscription for better/best plans) for 6 months is not bad because stop service/end contract and new install fees would be a lot more.
This is true. Even the utilities charge to suspend services nowadays. If they didn't their trucks would be too busy driving around shutting off and opening services all day long.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1132 posts
1734 upvotes
scarborough
I cancel every year and return the modem. At the start of next season i reactivate my bell internet. i get charged $59 for hook up but however i get the promote rates at the time.
Last edited by explorer11 on Sep 30th, 2020 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3431 posts
1486 upvotes
Ottawa
Just check ahead if there's a reactivation charge.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
17173 posts
11889 upvotes
Markham
Poutinesauce wrote: Give them a permanent cancellation middle finger.
This is a seasonal trailer the OP is suspending service at...which means he does this every year.

Do you really really think Bell cares if you give em the middle finger?
What if they put your name on file or "asterix" you to never give you promos in the future?
Do you think any other telecom provider is any different than what Bell is doing to the OP ie charging a fee to suspend service?

Likely you need them more than they need you as in many cases the more remote areas have limited service providers.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9204 posts
2856 upvotes
London
Is this DSL? What do you use for internet at home?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2568 posts
869 upvotes
Yeah, 49 dollar fee sucks.

How much data do you use while at the trailer? Might make more sense to use your cellphone and tether it if you're not rocking much Netflix.
[OP]
Dec 2, 2009
54 posts
77 upvotes
jrees wrote: Yeah, 49 dollar fee sucks.

How much data do you use while at the trailer? Might make more sense to use your cellphone and tether it if you're not rocking much Netflix.
spent more time there this summer so we're using about 250-325gb.... netflix, twitch, working. probably too much data to send through a phone, although the speeds would be the same
[OP]
Dec 2, 2009
54 posts
77 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote: Is this DSL? What do you use for internet at home?
its their wireless broadband.... bit of a rip off... like $79 for 350GB. only 25mb/s speeds which is the same i can get using my phone.

i dont think they have good data connections at the trailer park. dsl might only be 5mb/s.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)