• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2011 9:37 am
[OP]
Jan 7, 2009
80 posts
14 upvotes

Bell TV BS Billing

I called in to cancel my bell TV because my discount of one year is expiring. Since they could only offer me the $20 off for one year, I decided to cancel. Cancel went through, and I get a call from loyalty department 2 days later. They offered me an additional $15 off of one of my theme packs, and they told me the next bill will be around $43 + tax. I accepted the offer, and keep in mind this is not a contract deal.

Anyways, fast forward 3 weeks later, i get a bill from bell for $82. Surprise surprise, I call in to get it corrected, and they said it will take one billing cycle for the discounts to show up, so for this upcoming month, i will have to pay the bill WITHOUT discounts. WTF??? I only accepted the offer because it would be a discounted rate, and they had plenty of time (three weeks) to correct the billling.

Is this standard procedure? I want to call in to cancel the god damn thing. $82 for basic channel + chinese theme pack is ridiculous.
7 replies
May 4, 2004
478 posts
42 upvotes
is350ty wrote: Is this standard procedure?
Yes. They regularly and delibertly mess up your bills. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6281 posts
943 upvotes
Yes it takes weeks for any billing adjustments to go through. And they often mess those up so it can take months and many phone calls from you to get it straightened out, if you ever do.

What amazes me is that you were foolish enough to fall for the loyalty offer in the first place and remain with Bell instead of going through with your original cancellation.
Aug 1, 2005
792 posts
64 upvotes
is350ty wrote: ....They offered me an additional $15 off of one of my theme packs, and they told me the next bill will be around $43 + tax. I accepted the offer, and keep in mind this is not a contract deal.

In your own interest, do you have that in writing? I've never dealt with Bell personally, but from the threads posted here, I think it would be best to make you and them are clear that the deal was not a contract. Just for your protection.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2024 upvotes
Nowhere
As others have stated, this is standard practice. They always bill in full and they offer credits on your bill. The problem is that they always screw this up. You'll be calling them every month. In my experience, it always took 6 months to fix a billing error and I went through years of billing problems with them. A deal with Bell = billing nightmares.

Here is the email for the Bell Executive office, executive.complaints@bell.ca It may be premature to use it, but you will need it as they will continue to screw up your billing. With this address, someone will contact you promptly and resolve your complaint. Keep it handy.
[OP]
Jan 7, 2009
80 posts
14 upvotes
sorry, i think i made it unclear.

They said it will take one billing cycle for the discount to show up, but for this upcoming month, i will have to pay WITHOUT the discounts, totalling $82. Is this correct? They are unwilling to give me the credits for this coming month.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1373 posts
341 upvotes
Ottawa
is350ty wrote: sorry, i think i made it unclear.

They said it will take one billing cycle for the discount to show up, but for this upcoming month, i will have to pay WITHOUT the discounts, totalling $82. Is this correct? They are unwilling to give me the credits for this coming month.
bell will debit your money right away but to credit anything they work on a 6 week billing cycle!! wait for your next bill and the credits should be there.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6060 posts
591 upvotes
SW Ontario
This is EXACTLY why I just left bell.

I thought it was better for my sanity to NOT have TV than to pay bell for it and have to call up every month begging them to honor the deal they offered in the first place.