Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

Bell UNLIMITED data plan on the HTC Touch for $7!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2014 3:59 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 10, 2004
177 posts
5 upvotes
after a bit more research it seems android is possible via the sd card.

i may try that, as it in no way overwrites the main os install
Mar 10, 2004
177 posts
5 upvotes
just wanted to report back.

been running android for a few days now, first running off sd, then installed right to nand memory.

gotta say its a huge improvement over windows, much more touch screen friendly.

works great with the bell $10 data plan, tether works great, gps works great

couldnt be happier
Jan 20, 2009
928 posts
that is a great deal
natureboy wrote: I know this is in the "Expired Deals" forum now but can I still get this deal with the Touch. If so, can some PM me a contact person/info. I haven't had a chance to look through all the posts. There was another thread saying that you can get a Touch from Bell on a 3 yr contract for $0 now and ~$30/month and you can get unlimited data too. Can someone help me out. Thanks!
Feb 3, 2009
453 posts
151 upvotes
Jonquiere
redcoke1 wrote: that is a great deal
Tethered with MyN's rom and havent got any charges???
I wassnt sure if i was going to try it...i've got unlimited internet in my plan as well and it used to work A1 with NFSFAN...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
237 upvotes
BottleB wrote: ...i've got unlimited internet in my plan as well and it used to work A1 with NFSFAN...
Why did it used to work? Was there something wrong with the NFSFAN rom?
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Mar 10, 2004
177 posts
5 upvotes
ive been bouncing between different versions of eclair and 1.6 myn donut.

eclair is running well, only kicker is no camera use, and slightly slower. which is quite obvious as 2.1 is a newer os, and therefore runs on newer hardware.

everything else is working well tho. eventually they will have the eclair builds performing just as well as 1.6
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
I'm debating if I should get the Touch with the Data on CDMA or just go to HSPA without data. What would be your guys opinion?

How much would it be to migrate from CDMA to HSPA?
Mar 10, 2004
177 posts
5 upvotes
not sure i understand the question.

the touch only supports up to EVDO around 1.3mbps (CDMA).. thats it, hspa is a whole different beast all together.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
How much is it to migrate from CDMA to HSPA?
Mar 10, 2004
177 posts
5 upvotes
it would be the cost of a new phone.

htc touch does not support hspa, i believe the htc dual does, which is a similar looking phone but with a slide out keyboard
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
junglistic wrote: it would be the cost of a new phone.

htc touch does not support hspa, i believe the htc dual does, which is a similar looking phone but with a slide out keyboard
More than the cost of a phone as there are no smartphones on hspa (through bell) that support the $5 unlimited data plan.
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10358 posts
1482 upvotes
Toronto
I think most of us already switched to a SIM card phone and continue using the UMB plan on HSPA+ 3G network ! So shutting down EVDO network does not really impact us.
KangFu wrote: so it's 4 years later, anyone else on RFD still using this dataplan?

I see news that Bell is shutting down the EVDO network next month for BC & Alberta...

http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartph ... ern_Canada

Going to milk this thing out until the end...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)