• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2023 9:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 8, 2022
62 posts
38 upvotes

Bell vs Koodo

Hi, for cell phone services and easy to change plans, which is better?

I have been with Koodo for a few years. No issue until few months ago they increased the cost and did not allow me to change plan until the end of a billing cycle. By that time, they did not offer any plan cheaper than the one I had. I called them and they charged me a service fee for changing plan via a phone agent. I had to complain several times to get back charge. Now, I pay $30 for 2GB, unlimited calls within the country.

Bell increased the internet cost of my home. I called them and they tried to get me to switch to Bell Mobility. They lowered the cost of my home phone/internet services provided that I switch to Bell. They asked my Koodo plan. I said $30 for 2GB. He offered $35 for 1GB but lowered the home services cost so I ended up paying about $20 less/month (mobile + home services in total). They said that I could change plans anytime and no contract. Is this a good deal? Some how I feel something is not right.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1047 posts
666 upvotes
GTA
Bell and koodo share the same tower the only thing is Bell has 5g and koodo have 4g LTE. If you save $20 dollar by moving to Bell why not? But Bell usually increases prices after sometimes that you don't notice it.
DakilangMangingibig
[OP]
Jun 8, 2022
62 posts
38 upvotes
They only offered me 1GB 4G at $35. So we should keep an eye on price increase and when that happens, complain and if it does not work, change carrier again?

I have received a Bell sim card. Is it better to call them now to port my number or wait until near the end of Koodo billing cycle? Bell said that once it is ported, Koodo will refund me the remaining amount. Not sure if they will do it easily.
Dec 12, 2007
248 posts
347 upvotes
saint john
$35 for 1GB, that’s not a deal. It’s a rob. Public Mobile has $35 for 3Gb as regular; for 12gb when was on special

Bell or Koodo is able to give you a deal that is a lot better than this “rob” deal.
[OP]
Jun 8, 2022
62 posts
38 upvotes
Yes, I mentioned that it is not a good deal. The agent said in total (Bell mobility + home phone, internet, TV), it is still about $20 less than what I am paying (Koodo + Bell home phone, internet, TV). He also said that since I don't use that much data, giving me 1GB is sufficient and if I need more later, I can call in and they change plan.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2051 posts
1708 upvotes
Pickering
That's a garbage deal. Look at the deal I'm getting in my signature. And yes, this exact deal was offered to non-EPP members, too.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $75/60GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB + $50/50GB/BYOD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)