Tags:
[OP]
Jun 1, 2016
16 posts
1 upvote
Leask

Bell vs Rogers Internet/TV

Hi everybody!

I am currently with Bell for my Home Phone, TV and Internet and last had Rogers TV about a decade ago. In the past month I had the following issues:

-4K receiver had a weak signal

-Home Hub replaced

-3 Recievers lost signal and PVR recordings over 3 days (1 4K, 2 HD)

-Internet signal lost

-2 malfunctioning HD receivers replaced in 2 days

Every time we called Bell they told us it was not them and even in the past 3 days when receivers lost signals daily I was told that it was not on Bells end and likely on ours. If it was just an isolated incident I would not be too big of a deal but it seems to be ongoing and systemic.

Has Rogers improved their service in the past decade? About 10 years ago we gave up their TV service because whenever it rained it would pixelate and they would need to replace the cable monthly in order to fix the service issues. I prefer not to repeat that.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2012
1068 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
rawhite1987 wrote:

-Internet signal lost

Every time we called Bell they told us it was not them and even in the past 3 days when receivers lost signals daily I was told that it was not on Bells end and likely on ours. If it was just an isolated incident I would not be too big of a deal but it seems to be ongoing and systemic.

Has Rogers improved their service in the past decade? About 10 years ago we gave up their TV service because whenever it rained it would pixelate and they would need to replace the cable monthly in order to fix the service issues. I prefer not to repeat that.
Sounded like my problem with Rogers recently before I made the switch over to Bell.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1307 posts
874 upvotes
London, On
Funny, Rogers used to always run commercials lauding how superior their TV service was in bad weather compared to Bell when it was satellite (which it was). I haven't had Rogers though in decades. I think they both have made pretty large leaps in their technology though. People I know with their various Rogers packages love them and I have Bell Fibe and love it. I don't have 4K though since my 4K TV is on the main floor and the wired Fibe TV receiver is in the basement. I wanna say my Fibe receivers are 4-5 years old (I can't recall if my receivers were replaced when I upgraded the Fibe and got the home hub 3000 after starting with the HH 2000) and haven't had any issues like you describe.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16622 posts
32237 upvotes
Scarborough
With all the problems you've mentioned, I'd definitely give Rogers a try, @rawhite1987. You can usually find good deals for new customers so you might even save money over what you're paying now. I used to hate the remote and interface for Rogers TV but since they've updated to Ignite TV, it's not so bad anymore. That used to be my biggest complaint about Rogers.

I've had Bell fibre to the home for almost 3 years now and I have zero complaints about it. If my home wasn't setup for that, I'd probably be on Rogers because they offer faster internet speeds (versus non-fibre to the home Bell service).
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]