Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] [Warm] Fibe Gigabit Internet + Fibe Alt TV Premium + Chromecast $84.95/mo + $19.95 Activation | Toronto, No Contract

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2019 11:15 pm
[OP]
Apr 17, 2019
70 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto

[Bell] [Warm] Fibe Gigabit Internet + Fibe Alt TV Premium + Chromecast $84.95/mo + $19.95 Activation | Toronto, No Contract

Disclaimer: As mentioned in the Title, I stated this as a "Warm" deal because it's geared towards residences with heavy internet usage.
Given heavy internet use, this is the best deal I've come across.
I have a home with a large family and also a rental property that houses 8 people.
Thus this deal was personally a HOT / GREAT deal, considering cost-to-performance: the speed, latency and bandwidth fibre offers.

Restrictions: Must have Fibe Gigabit internet available in your area and be a New Customer

Circumstance: Was shopping around for my rental property, and mentioned a competing $100 (including tax) offer from Rogers retention for Basic TV and 300Mbps Internet.
Ended up getting this for both my home and the rental property.

DETAILS:
The Discounts/Credits were stated as ONGOING (no expiry date)
No term / contract - Service is month-to-month

Keep in mind though, all ISPs put in fine print that they can change their pricing/promos/credits at any time

Fibe Gigabit Internet with Unlimited Usage: $104.95/mo
  • Internet Promo Credit: -$35.00/mo
  • Multi-service Promo Credit: -$10.00/mo
  • Modem one-time rental: Waived
Internet fee Total: $59.95 + tax /mo

Activation fee: $59.95
  • Activation fee Bundle Credit: -$40.00
Activation fee Total: $19.95 + tax

Fibe Alt TV Premium + Crave Movie Package: $29.95/mo
  • TV Promo Credit: -$4.95/mo
Alt TV fee Total: $25.00 + tax /mo

Promo: Free Chromecast shipped to service address
Reps couldn't specify which chromecast, but I'm expecting the base 1080p version

TOTAL:
$84.95+tax /mo
$19.95+tax one-time activation fee
Free Chromecast

Few things to note:
  • Rep stated that just the Gigabit Internet alone was available for $69.95/mo + tax after the ongoing credit/discount
  • Fibe Alt TV isn't your traditional TV service. You watch TV anywhere via the App on Android, iOS and Windows devices (browser).
    So if you want to connect it directly to the TV, you'll need a Google Chromecast, Apple TV or Amazon Firestick.
    Good thing Bell is offering to send you one Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

I know majority of RFDers won't appreciate this since it's on the pricier side, but I hope this helps out people who require / need faster internet and versatile streaming options.

Update:
YMMV but a friend of mine who is an existing Bell customer tried to get this deal, yesterday, got denied (as expected), so schedule a cancellation for the weekend.
She just got a call back from Bell saying they can give her the deal.
So if you're an exiting customer, you may have to jump through some hoops to get this.
Worst case scenario, cancel and sign up as a "New customer" using your significant other, housemate, family member, etc.'s ID (with consent of course)
Last edited by MTechO on Jun 3rd, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Sep 30, 2015
493 posts
539 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
The fact you can't record shows on this is just stupid.
Jan 12, 2007
170 posts
90 upvotes
AltTV doesn't look good on my 65" TV using a 4K Amazon stick.
I believe it's only 720p at the moment and I have no idea if they even plan to bring out 1080p soon...
Don't bother trying to watch fast motion movies or sports, looks terrible.
Dec 27, 2005
676 posts
67 upvotes
Brampton (GTA)
TAZ99 wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 2:33 pm
I believe it's only 720p at the moment and I have no idea if they even plan to bring out 1080p soon...
Interesting feedback. I have the exact same setup and this hasn't been my experience. I've been satisfied with the quality. Perhaps my expectations are lower than yours.
[OP]
Apr 17, 2019
70 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
King31 wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 2:25 pm
The fact you can't record shows on this is just stupid.
Having a comprehensive offline mode would be a nice addition for on-the-go viewing.
But given home viewing, somewhat defeats the purpose of paying for unlimited bandwidth and gigabit download speeds, if you're trying to store all content locally
In terms of recording, there are always ways to do so :twisted:

TAZ99 wrote:
As far as I can tell, the resolution jumps between 720p and 1080p depending on the channel/content
Improvements are needed, but haven't had any significant problems watching Sportsnet and TSN
Aug 27, 2009
89 posts
23 upvotes
Markham
They will jack up your price within 1-2 months, happens to me twice already (within 1 year), why am I still with Bell? only because it's cheaper than Rogers
Apr 20, 2017
450 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
The deal is for selected buildings in North York?
[OP]
Apr 17, 2019
70 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
mikimoto wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 3:53 pm
The deal is for selected buildings in North York?
If you need it, and if you live in an area that supports Fibe Gigabit internet, it's worth a try to go on live chat or call customer service to see if you can get it
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2743 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
Can you get all the same channels on alt tv compared to fibe tv? I thought only a fraction of channels were available.
[OP]
Apr 17, 2019
70 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
mapleleafs89 wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 4:34 pm
Can you get all the same channels on alt tv compared to fibe tv? I thought only a fraction of channels were available.
You're right, only a fraction is available (approximately 50 channels with the Alt Premium), but depends on which TV package you compare it to.
Considering the Starter TV package is the same price with less channels (after the credits/discount), I'm not complaining.
Alt TV Premium channels that the family most frequents: TSN, Sportsnet, CP24, Food Network, Bravo, Discovery, Space, Comedy, PBS, The main US Networks, The main CAN Networks
It also gives you access to CRAVE, that has access to HBO and Showtime on demand libraries, so it's useful for weekend binges
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1907 posts
756 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Bell only offers a downright pathetic 100mbps connection where I live.
Pouting Face
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1793 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
TAZ99 wrote:
Looks fine on my 65 Sony 900F. Don’t watch sports though.
Sep 2, 2017
371 posts
173 upvotes
How much data does 2-3 TVs use for fibe TV on average? like 5-10Mb/s out of the 950Mbit download of the 1GB?
May 10, 2006
73 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
They allot you extra bandwidth for the fibe tv separate from your internet speed.
[OP]
Apr 17, 2019
70 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Jimbo67 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 10:50 pm
How much data does 2-3 TVs use for fibe TV on average? like 5-10Mb/s out of the 950Mbit download of the 1GB?
For a 1080p FHD stream, 25Mbps is more than enough
3x25 = 75Mbps , 1Gbps = 1000Mbps
So 3 TVs streaming Netflix, Amazon, Fibe Alt TV, etc. doesn't even dent the capable bandwidth of a Gigabit service

The only bottleneck you'll most likely experience is your own WiFi network