Bell Won't Unlock Phones for Non-Customers - Now unlocking for non customers

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2018 11:41 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
ilikekku wrote: Hi. Has anyone unlocked your 2nd-hand phone which used to be on a corporate account from Bell? I bought a used Bell-locked iphone the other day from kijiji, now would like to unlock it. Gave it a call to Bell technical support, was told that the handset is on a corporate account and they cannot unlock it unless it's de-registered. I told him that I'm willing to port my current Virgin mobile number to Bell if that makes myself eligible for the unlocking but he explained that won't help. Has anyone had a similar experience which went well please? Thanks!!
No need to unlock it if you gonna use in virginmobile.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Jan 31, 2018
39 posts
7 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: No need to unlock it if you gonna use in virginmobile.
Yea, I have no issue using it on the Virgin mobile so far. Would like to move to Freedom.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
ilikekku wrote: Yea, I have no issue using it on the Virgin mobile so far. Would like to move to Freedom.
Request unlock to virgin.
Jan 31, 2018
39 posts
7 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: Request unlock to virgin.
Already tried. Virgin mobile said only Bell can unlock it since it's Bell locked.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
ilikekku wrote: Already tried. Virgin mobile said only Bell can unlock it since it's Bell locked.
All my previous phone are bell and requested unlock from virgin, no question asked.
Jan 31, 2018
39 posts
7 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: All my previous phone are bell and requested unlock from virgin, no question asked.
Your suggestion well appreciated! I just gave another call to Virgin and they kindly unlocked. Now I'm freeSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Bell is now unlocking phones for non-Bell customers, officially, so long as they are not marked stolen or linked to a delinquent account.
RFD Forums Moderator
Mar 10, 2017
13 posts
5 upvotes
I have unlocked 2 bell phones in the past two days and I told them that I was not a bell customer. They just asked for my imei and model of the phone. For iphones it took maybe 2 hours while for androids it took about 10 min. Give them a call at 866 301 1942. When it asks about what number you are calling about, press pound. Then go to the steps about bell mobility and make sure you get into the option where it says troubleshoot problems with cellphone (I think that was the option they gave me.)
Aug 10, 2008
977 posts
88 upvotes
thanks! I called and as you said, no question asked, they unlocked an old iPhone I had bought on Kijiji before. I have never been a Bell customer and they unlocked the phone. It took a couple hours to get the unlock done on the server.
Jun 2, 2017
786 posts
390 upvotes
Stupid question:

If I buy a brand new in box phone from any carrier is it already unlocked?
Dec 4, 2017
648 posts
346 upvotes
CEOofPopeyes wrote: If I buy a brand new in box phone from any carrier is it already unlocked?
Yes, it will almost certainly be. There may be the occasional old stock from last autumn that is still locked in the box, but they'll unlock it for you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)