Investing

Bellatrix Exploration (BXE) - Bought out? What can I do?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 10:05 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1261 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto

Bellatrix Exploration (BXE) - Bought out? What can I do?

Just wanted to know if anyone can tell me what happens with a delisted stock (BXE) that recently got bought out (by Spartan Delta Corp)?

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... artan.html

I had some total loss shares before from BXE, wanted to know if I should just call Questrade and remove it from my account, or will there be a chance that I'll get something out of it in the future?

I have in my TFSA, so no capital loss...

Please advise!

Thanks
6 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54002 posts
18947 upvotes
What do you get out of removing it? Maybe having it there showing as -99% loss will make you a more cautious trader / investor down the road?

I have KGIC (total wipe out) in my account lol.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1261 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
You are correct! Initially I had it for that purpose. Consistent reminder of my mistake in the past. But it's been a while and I think it's time to move on lol.

However, seeing that a new company had bought them out, I thought holding those useless shares will give me shares of the new company or something. Was hoping someone on RFD with knowledge about this can chime in.

Sorry to hear about your KGIC lol. We all learn from our mistakes!
Aug 15, 2016
48 posts
46 upvotes
I am pretty sure that Spartan Delta bought the assets out of receivership and that only Bellatrix's creditors received proceeds. That would mean the shares are worth $0, but you should look into it yourself to confirm.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1261 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Brewmaster7 wrote: I am pretty sure that Spartan Delta bought the assets out of receivership and that only Bellatrix's creditors received proceeds. That would mean the shares are worth $0, but you should look into it yourself to confirm.
Thank you for the suggestion. I was trying to look for the info. But not exactly sure where I can find this info.

I'd assume QT can help me with that?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1261 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
I will contact both BXE and Spartan's customer relation and see if I can get an answer.

Was hoping someone can share their expertise here... Or had similar situations.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1261 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Got a reply from Spartan:

"Hello and thank you for your email,

BXE shares remain associated with Bellatrix’s corporation. Spartan Delta Corp. (through Winslow Resources Inc.) acquired the assets of Bellatrix for cash consideration and so BXE shares will not be consolidated into Spartan shares.

Kind regards,

Spartan Delta Corp."

So I guess that means my BXE shares are useless?