Expired Hot Deals

[Benjamin Moore] HOT! Buy 2 get 1 FREE this weekend (GTA)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2016 11:45 am
[OP]
Aug 20, 2008
455 posts
224 upvotes
GTA

[Benjamin Moore] HOT! Buy 2 get 1 FREE this weekend (GTA)

Hey guys, heard the ad on the radio and I confirmed it in my local store. This weekend you can buy 2 gallons of Benjamin Moore Regal and get 1 FREE.

I don't remember a sale like this before... I'm definitely going to take advantage!

Happy painting!
22 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22499 posts
172620 upvotes
GTA
I am not sure how much we would be talking about for 3 cans of BM paint, and how this would compare quality/price-wise, but Rona has 3 cans of SICO paint for $75 this week. It's right on the first page of their flyer.
Dec 3, 2009
253 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone heard anything like this for Ottawa?
Dec 3, 2009
253 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa
toguy wrote: I am not sure how much we would be talking about for 3 cans of BM paint, and how this would compare quality/price-wise, but Rona has 3 cans of SICO paint for $75 this week. It's right on the first page of their flyer.
My sister loves to repaint rooms in her house and recently did a room in my house. When we went to get the paint, I'm 90% sure it was this kind (Regal). She told me that she's really not that great of a painter it's just that she invests in good paint (what she can do with 1 can of good paint, would take up to 3 cans of cheap paint and a lot more time of course).

That's what she told me anyway. Maybe a professional can work just as easily with either.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2193 posts
626 upvotes
Kitchener
freebies53 wrote: Hey guys, heard the ad on the radio and I confirmed it in my local store. This weekend you can buy 2 gallons of Benjamin Moore Regal and get 1 FREE.

I don't remember a sale like this before... I'm definitely going to take advantage!

Happy painting!
I really like this paint, and am in the process of painting the house. Timely. Is it all BM stores in the GTA? I'll check by phone, may be worth my while to head in on the weekend.
Thanks

Edit: looks like it's at least province wide
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2003
1141 posts
11 upvotes
Anyone know if it applies to Aura as well?
Apr 7, 2016
59 posts
5 upvotes
Belcourt, QC
wow! thanks! time to buy it!!
Nov 16, 2004
724 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
I just called it's for Regal Select only. But the location I called said you can mix and match, but you must have 2 regal select products. So you could buy 1 regal select, 1 aura, and get 1 regal select free as an example.
Jun 17, 2008
120 posts
44 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Calgary as well, interior and exterior
Mar 8, 2016
205 posts
43 upvotes
Steeles paint has a lot of good variety, from buying a quart to buying 20 gallons of primer, they always hook me up. Contractor pricing ftw.
Apr 1, 2015
374 posts
124 upvotes
Oakville
staple paint i always use. time to re-paint some rooms! thanks op
Banned
Nov 16, 2012
1837 posts
386 upvotes
EAST YORK
I have done a lot of painting and always find benjamin moore paints hard to work with. I prefer PPG Manor Hall and Sico Cashmere and Chamois.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2288 posts
2954 upvotes
Toronto
What's the price of a regal select? I was thinking of buying ultra spec 500. I think that's like 33 a gallon
Sep 17, 2007
289 posts
142 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
sonyminidiscman wrote: What's the price of a regal select? I was thinking of buying ultra spec 500. I think that's like 33 a gallon
I paid $68.50 a gallon. Pretty steep, but with buy 2 get 1 free, not too bad. Makes it about the same price as Behr's midline paint at HD.

From what I can gather, Behr paint is better, but Benjamin Moore is much closer to my house.
Mar 7, 2011
8 posts
6 upvotes
London
How does this paint compare in quality to Rona's 3 cans of SICO paint for $75? At $68.50 a gallon, that's almost double Rona.
Apr 7, 2016
59 posts
5 upvotes
Belcourt, QC
Just went to the shop
They didn't have regal paint so i could have "Ben" product instand of regal
They said Ben is just under Aura! I will see

Thanks oP
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2193 posts
626 upvotes
Kitchener
Picked up 15 cans. Paid for 10. Tinted 3 and will tint the rest as we decide on colours. Great price for this paint, thanks again freebies33.
Oct 23, 2005
620 posts
200 upvotes
sam123 wrote: Picked up 15 cans. Paid for 10. Tinted 3 and will tint the rest as we decide on colours. Great price for this paint, thanks again freebies33.
Good Point... will buy some and tint it later when colour decision is made.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2193 posts
626 upvotes
Kitchener
dasiuyan wrote: Good Point... will buy some and tint it later when colour decision is made.
Just one tip about tinting later, The salesperson noted on the bill that she gave me the 1X because the tint was a light one (cloud white). If I want a darker colour, I can exchange it for 2X as it is formulated for darker tints, more body or something. Also, the extra 12 untinted pails were in unopened cardboard boxes.

Also, just a ask for an 10% off on anything else you buy there. It's a standard, ask for it discount.

I don't like painting very much, but BM makes it a bot easier to take because it covers so nice and I'm often tempted to use only one coat,but the "Boss" doesn't let me get away with it.

As a side note, I'm now using Purdy/Dove or White Dove brushes and rollers now and they make a difference.