Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Bernzomatic TS8000KC Torch Kit $49.98 (PM at Lowes)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2018 12:30 am
May 15, 2009
234 posts
456 upvotes
Ottawa

[Home Depot] Bernzomatic TS8000KC Torch Kit $49.98 (PM at Lowes)

Hello,
Just saw this at my local Home Depot (Orleans, ON). Same price online and you get both the torch and MAP pro cylinder. I use it to sear my food after sous-vide cooking, but you can use for real work as well! I prefer the blue propane cylinder as it's less hot, but my friend uses this and finds it ok.

PM at Lowes ($109) to get a better deal!
94 replies
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Good find, I've been looking at getting one for a while.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4419 posts
11419 upvotes
Quebec
Terrific price!!!! Thx OP

To bad, I bought this one a month ago: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00008ZA0D
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1810 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
This is an awesome deal for a torch! I'm using the exact same one after sous vide my protein. Still deciding if I should get a searzall...
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
wongjing wrote: Hello,
Just saw this at my local Home Depot (Orleans, ON). Same price online and you get both the torch and MAP pro cylinder. I use it to sear my food after sous-vide cooking, but you can use for real work as well! I prefer the blue propane cylinder as it's less hot, but my friend uses this and finds it ok.

PM at Lowes ($109) to get a better deal!
I thought lowes only price matches now. Is that not the case?
May 15, 2009
234 posts
456 upvotes
Ottawa
keyser-soze wrote: I thought lowes only price matches now. Is that not the case?
Their price match policy

Price match for retail stores plus an additional 10%
We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find a lower every day or advertised price on an identical in-stock item (brand, size, model number) currently offered at any local retail competitor's store or website (including shipping, handling and fees, if applicable), we will match their price and beat it by 10% upon request.

Competitor close-out, errors or misprints, discontinued, clearance, liquidation, special order, damaged items, delivery, assembly, financing offers, Cyber Monday prices, Black Friday prices, Boxing Day/Week, restricted offers, short term door crashers, member only pricing, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, and limited or minimum quantity offers, and installation labour are excluded from this offer.
Dec 31, 2010
518 posts
671 upvotes
Montreal
Where do you guys store it in your
Kitchen?
Oct 16, 2005
685 posts
119 upvotes
yellowmp5 wrote: This is an awesome deal for a torch! I'm using the exact same one after sous vide my protein. Still deciding if I should get a searzall...
Definitely get the searzall...
Nov 22, 2016
69 posts
85 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Let's see if they drop the price on Black Friday, if not then boxing day. After all this time is another 2 months gonna matter?
You can't sound smart on the internet if your keyboard doesn't collarbone
Jun 17, 2003
803 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
yellowmp5 wrote: Still deciding if I should get a searzall...
Sous vide + reverse sear is a fantastic technique but the trend attracts obsessive-compulsive types who fuss unnecessarily about 0.5º (in)accuracies and maybe-that-one-time thought they could taste the faintest hint of propane. The searzall was designed for them. It's an insanely expensive way to take a fast-searing technique (blow torch), disperse the heat and make it take 3 times as long. If you're searing more than one steak one, some of your guests' food will be cold before you get to the table.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
wongjing wrote: Their price match policy

Price match for retail stores plus an additional 10%
We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find a lower every day or advertised price on an identical in-stock item (brand, size, model number) currently offered at any local retail competitor's store or website (including shipping, handling and fees, if applicable), we will match their price and beat it by 10% upon request.

Competitor close-out, errors or misprints, discontinued, clearance, liquidation, special order, damaged items, delivery, assembly, financing offers, Cyber Monday prices, Black Friday prices, Boxing Day/Week, restricted offers, short term door crashers, member only pricing, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, and limited or minimum quantity offers, and installation labour are excluded from this offer.
Thanks, looks like they stopped beating online stores by 10%, that's what I was confused by.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
Oh you guys use this for cooking? Lol

2 pack of 14.1oz Map tanks is14.98 good price as well
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Oct 27, 2012
218 posts
705 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op. Price matched with Lowe’s and got it for 50.83 all in
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

― Stephen McCranie
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
Benzomatic ? A new medication ?
Dec 23, 2014
53 posts
34 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
Lowes wouldn't price match since the product numbers don't exactly match on the website(even though they do if you zoom in on the picture).

Anyways spent 3.90 at lowes on the only product HD doesn't sell and 170 at home depot.

Smoking deal on this torch. Thanks OP!
Apr 26, 2006
215 posts
165 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks OP, bought it 3 weeks ago, got price adjusted today.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1810 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
Red_Army wrote: Oh you guys use this for cooking? Lol

2 pack of 14.1oz Map tanks is14.98 good price as well
Thanks! Got myself 2 cans of map!
Sep 11, 2006
130 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
matmann wrote: Lowes wouldn't price match since the product numbers don't exactly match on the website(even though they do if you zoom in on the picture).

Anyways spent 3.90 at lowes on the only product HD doesn't sell and 170 at home depot.

Smoking deal on this torch. Thanks OP!
The Lowe's at Queenborough (New West, BC) also didn't want to price match as the model number didn't match. However, I showed them the same item on lowes.ca website which has the same manufacturer number "TS8000KC" and they accepted it was the same product. Got it for $50.38 taxes in.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)