Best 2015 Sedan

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2015 4:21 pm
[OP]
May 23, 2015
13 posts
Toronto

Best 2015 Sedan

I'm looking to purchase a 2015 sedan at under $32000 including taxes. I am considering a car with a lot of leg room for the driver and passengers as well as atleast a 2.4L engine. I am hoping to have a monthly lease of around $350-400 for a 48 month term, Hopefully at 0 to 0.9%. Japanese manufacturers preferred but open to all.

So far the best choice seem to be Honda Accord, Hyundai Sonata, or the Toyota Camry.
33 replies
Sep 30, 2001
29583 posts
9131 upvotes
Toronto
i haven't looked at the current numbers, but certainly the Accord, Camry and Sonata will meet your criteria.
Be kind and civil with one another
Banned
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3010 upvotes
Sypsy wrote: Don't forget the Subaru Legacy. It's AJAC's best canadian car of 2015!
Cool, but I vote for Mazda 6... it dominated 2014, and honestly, it still beats the Legacy in style and cabin design IMO.

2014 Canadian Car of the Year Award by AJAC (Automobile Journalists Association of Canada)

Best Car over 30K - 2014 AJAC Awards

Car of the year by Popular Mechanics

Best of Everything, by Road & Track's Best of Everything list
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22336 posts
2980 upvotes
The 2016 Nissan Maxima has been getting very good initial reviews but won't know fully until the media ban is lifted

Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2013
992 posts
295 upvotes
There is no clear winner between Camry, Accord and Mazda 6, imo. Depending on one's priorities and preferences one can be better than the other. For me it goes in this order:

1. Camry
2. Accord
3. Mazda 6

Camry being number one because I believe it will be more reliable and will last a long time with less repairs. For a family sedan, I prefer the smooth and comfortable ride of Camry. Camry's exterior looks much better now with better shaped headlights, overall lines are more swept back and it looks stylish. Camry's interior has a pleasing layout, easier to use controls.

My second choice is Accord only because I believe Camry is a more reliable than Accord. Camry has 6 speed automatic while Accord has CVT and we're not sure how reliable that CVT would be in the long run. However, due to CVT, Accord gets the best fuel economy.

Mazda 6 being the third choice because I will not buy it. Most likely I would either choose Accord or Camry. I have been told by tons of Mazda 6 owners that real world fuel economy is nowhere close to what it's rated at. Seats are not comfortable. Touchscreen is painfully slow, found it a bit sluggish

Don't make a car buying decision based on the reviews online. You should test drive these cars. When I bought a 2014 Corolla, my last two choices were Civic and Corolla. Despite how all the reviewers placed Mazda 3 as best in the class, I just didn't like it for these reasons:

- Road noise in Mazda 3, Tight back seat, Front visibility problem, Ride was bumpier than Corolla, Nav/back up camera/touch screen is big and looks like an aftermarket add-on, stiffer riding than Corolla and the main reason that my belief/perception that Corolla will be a more reliable car in the long run.

If you don't care about long term reliability and want something for few years then just get whatever you really like. Look at the interior, test the bluetooth and touchscreen and interior layout, check how comfortable seats are, ride quality, etc
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4331 upvotes
george__ wrote: The 2016 Nissan Maxima has been getting very good initial reviews but won't know fully until the media ban is lifted

I would go with this as well. The new Maxima is more like an Infiniti.
Jun 3, 2013
381 posts
93 upvotes
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: I would go with this as well. The new Maxima is more like an Infiniti.
Doesnt Maxima tend to be expensive. I thought the comparison would be with the Altima.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15094 posts
2697 upvotes
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: I would go with this as well. The new Maxima is more like an Infiniti.
sorry, but this is nothing but a infomercial for Maxima. I am not disputing the fact that Maxima may be a rather good vehicle but why base it on something which was artificially designed to promote its features.
Banned
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3010 upvotes
Nissan? Please don't suggest that. OP said "under $32000 including taxes".

Maxima starts at $36,000 + + +, and the msrp may be too much money for what the car actually is.

The consumer perceives Toyota and Honda as more reliable. It is true to some degree. But I think that is not a definitive factor. Mazda is almost as reliable as Toyota in long term reports, and offers better driving dynamics, it is just not as boring. So it is up to personal preference.

I was with Toyota for a long time, and it was great, we got a Mazda6 six years ago, so far it has been as good as the Toyotas. We got another Mazda last summer.
Mar 5, 2015
157 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary, AB
If you don't wan't Nissan, then your pick should definetly be Mazda 6. It's about $24000+, I'm not sure precisely how much, but it's under 32000 for sure.
Aug 24, 2014
103 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
motomondo wrote: Nissan? Please don't suggest that. OP said "under $32000 including taxes".

Maxima starts at $36,000 + + +, and the msrp may be too much money for what the car actually is.

The consumer perceives Toyota and Honda as more reliable. It is true to some degree. But I think that is not a definitive factor. Mazda is almost as reliable as Toyota in long term reports, and offers better driving dynamics, it is just not as boring. So it is up to personal preference.

I was with Toyota for a long time, and it was great, we got a Mazda6 six years ago, so far it has been as good as the Toyotas. We got another Mazda last summer.

I second motomondo on this one.. I was with toyota before and it was nice and everything, then I got Mazda3 three years ago, its being as good as toyota but with better driving experience. I got another mazda last year too.
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2013
992 posts
295 upvotes
I'd rather get 2013+ Accord EX-L V6 over 2016 Maxima. Accord is $3K cheaper, better highway MPGs, and will smoke Maxima in a straight line. They will both cost over $32K OTR.
Jun 2, 2011
131 posts
6 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Spyd3r wrote: I'd rather get 2013+ Accord EX-L V6 over 2016 Maxima. Accord is $3K cheaper, better highway MPGs, and will smoke Maxima in a straight line. They will both cost over $32K OTR.
Spyd3r not recommending a toyota for once???
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3203 posts
883 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
My vote would be on mazda as well. Last year when it came out the style and interior was very sleek and classy. I felt the seats are very comfortable as I've driven long hours and never had any back pains as I did with my civic. Maybe because I'm tall but anyways for under 32k it's a great choice.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5395 posts
1961 upvotes
Escalade.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4331 upvotes
eldiablo wrote: sorry, but this is nothing but a infomercial for Maxima. I am not disputing the fact that Maxima may be a rather good vehicle but why base it on something which was artificially designed to promote its features.
It is?

I didn't even watch the video. Figured that someone in there would say it comes with GTR speed, Infiniti luxury and Nissan reliability or some other nonsense canned line.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22336 posts
2980 upvotes
eldiablo wrote: sorry, but this is nothing but a infomercial for Maxima. I am not disputing the fact that Maxima may be a rather good vehicle but why base it on something which was artificially designed to promote its features.
Meh... Lets wait and see how the 2016 Nissan Maxima pans out
Nov 7, 2015
162 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Accord And Camry really hold onto their resale value for many years, I guess you'll have to do the math if the initial expense is worth the resale value if you plan to go that route. Though, all the top 5 sedan leaders make excellent cars that you can't really go wrong with.
Mar 24, 2015
58 posts
15 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Lease a CPO Hyundai Equus. They drop in price so fast simply because of the name. Great motors, more features than anyone ever needs. It'll last the 2 years easily.