• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2016 9:21 am
[OP]
Nov 29, 2012
95 posts
36 upvotes
TORONTO

Best 8 inch tablet deal? Less than 300

Samsung tab A has too low of a res (1024x768 ugh).
The lg g pad 3 looks pretty good.. ($240)
Im not against an apple tablet either

Any recommendations? Thank you in advance.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19090 posts
11977 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
slickenned wrote: The lg g pad 3 looks pretty good.. ($240)
It's getting a bit late in this promo and most Best Buy stores are now OOS, but if you can still find an LG G Pad at a store that also represents Fido, you can get the tablet for free simply by committing to a 2-year 3GB data plan at $15/month. (Note too, "If you don't need the BB $50 GC and willing to wait 4-6 weeks for the tablet you can just sign up with Fido directly (phone/chat), they will ship everything once the tablet is back in stock.")

See also: [Fido] 3GB LTE Data Plan $15/mo IS BACK. Flaming HOT. Free LG tablet with 2 years contract. and [Rogers/Fido] LG G PAD III 8.0 FHD LTE $240.

Even if you missed out on this promo or don't want to make a 2-year commitment to a data plan, there are dozens of people who didn't who are now flogging brand new G Pads on kijiji for a lot less than $240.
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Nov 29, 2012
95 posts
36 upvotes
TORONTO
I can get a nexus 9 from work but its a demo unit so the battery isnt in great shape. I looked online for a replacement and couldnt find one from anyone.. its what im worried about when buying used.

Unless anyone knows where i can get a spare battery for a htc nexus 9? Thanks for the replies!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20452 posts
21601 upvotes
Toronto
slickenned wrote: I can get a nexus 9 from work but its a demo unit so the battery isnt in great shape. I looked online for a replacement and couldnt find one from anyone.. its what im worried about when buying used.

Unless anyone knows where i can get a spare battery for a htc nexus 9? Thanks for the replies!
will work demo unit have warranty still? If so just send to HTC and they'll swap battery for you.

If no warranty, you'll have to weigh the discount to see if worth it. Battery life on Nexus 9 was never great. Got a little better with Android 7.1.1 but I still plug it in most every night.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16527 posts
2238 upvotes
slickenned wrote: Samsung tab A has too low of a res (1024x768 ugh).
The lg g pad 3 looks pretty good.. ($240)
Im not against an apple tablet either
The LG G Pad 3 is good - especially with the Fido deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)