Food & Drink

best air fryer for 1 or 2 people household???

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2022 1:28 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
4391 posts
3196 upvotes
the max temperature doesnt even reach 400F and it costs at least 3x more than the gourmia. Are you going by brand name only?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2388 posts
699 upvotes
GTA
I bought the Gourmia 798 to replace my defunct Insignia - sadly at full price. The alert sounds are very soft - have to listen really carefully for turnover or end of cooktime.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 20, 2018
949 posts
177 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Catnippy wrote: I bought the Gourmia 798 to replace my defunct Insignia - sadly at full price. The alert sounds are very soft - have to listen really carefully for turnover or end of cooktime.
not a big deal... can use phone timer

I'm more on "how well it cook"
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
4391 posts
3196 upvotes
you really arenrt supposed to leave your food cooking without checking up on it every once in a while, in case the food ignites or something. Same goes with oven. If you cant hear the gourmia's beeping then you are not paying attention or are too far away for this to be safe.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 20, 2018
949 posts
177 upvotes
Oakville, ON
evilYoda wrote: you really arenrt supposed to leave your food cooking without checking up on it every once in a while, in case the food ignites or something. Same goes with oven. If you cant hear the gourmia's beeping then you are not paying attention or are too far away for this to be safe.
Agree on that... it not a set it and forget it equipment
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7527 posts
2617 upvotes
Phillips on Rollback at WalMart.
Images
  • 20220617_171817.jpg
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 20, 2018
949 posts
177 upvotes
Oakville, ON
bonterra wrote: Phillips on Rollback at WalMart.
Comparing to gourmia at Costco for 49.99 ... tough to beat tho
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 20, 2006
2561 posts
2882 upvotes
Anything over 7 qt. You'll be disappointed at any of the lower qt size. My brother and I use ours Gourmia almost 3-4 times a week. Even though the 7 qt is a decent enough size, but sometimes wish it was a tad more bigger at times.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 20, 2018
949 posts
177 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Allen84 wrote: Anything over 7 qt. You'll be disappointed at any of the lower qt size. My brother and I use ours Gourmia almost 3-4 times a week. Even though the 7 qt is a decent enough size, but sometimes wish it was a tad more bigger at times.
Can't beat the value price for it tho right? Unless you know a better value price that is slightly bigger?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
4391 posts
3196 upvotes
Allen84 wrote: Anything over 7 qt. You'll be disappointed at any of the lower qt size. My brother and I use ours Gourmia almost 3-4 times a week. Even though the 7 qt is a decent enough size, but sometimes wish it was a tad more bigger at times.
you wanted to do a medium turkey with an air fryer? It already holds a full sized chicken as is. What were you hoping to make in there that exceeds 7 quarts?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 20, 2006
2561 posts
2882 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: you wanted to do a medium turkey with an air fryer? It already holds a full sized chicken as is. What were you hoping to make in there that exceeds 7 quarts?
Cooking a bunch of drumsticks or chicken quarters. Sometimes it depends on size of the chicken. At time it just fits, and other times I have to really jam it in.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 20, 2006
2561 posts
2882 upvotes
raptors87 wrote:
Can't beat the value price for it tho right? Unless you know a better value price that is slightly bigger?
Nothing I know of can beat that price of $50 for 7 qts. You see 3 to 6 qt models for over a hundred dollars or even a couple of hundreds or more. That just nuts for something so tiny.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 20, 2018
949 posts
177 upvotes
Oakville, ON
how do I know when the gourmia air fryer come on sale for $50? I assumed not every location will have the sale price at the same time

I don't want to go to my local costco every week to check and see if they have it on sale
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
15784 posts
13257 upvotes
GTA, ON
Just tried the Gourmia. Other than it's plastic feeling, it's much better than the manual Insignia I had. The digital is great, the pre-heat function is great and the turn reminder is always a good thing. I also find it cooks a lot faster too. Frozen fish sticks: 16min in the Insignia vs 12min in the Gourmia, though I think I could probably cut that down to 11min.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
4391 posts
3196 upvotes
probably has to do with the size of the machines. The higher the quart size the larger the wattage by design. You insigna (when it isnt in rma land ha ha) is a 5quart? This 7quart is 1500watts, a bit underpowered based on comments I've read. But still cooks things rather quickly.
Sr. Member
Nov 23, 2012
522 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
Ninja Foodi Grill if you like steak. It cooks steak as good as outdoor propane grill.

AND It is a good airfryer
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 20, 2018
949 posts
177 upvotes
Oakville, ON
evilYoda wrote: check rfd xD
lol tru enough
chimaican wrote: Just tried the Gourmia. Other than it's plastic feeling, it's much better than the manual Insignia I had. The digital is great, the pre-heat function is great and the turn reminder is always a good thing. I also find it cooks a lot faster too. Frozen fish sticks: 16min in the Insignia vs 12min in the Gourmia, though I think I could probably cut that down to 11min.
sounds like a great value air fryer for the money
rliuthu wrote: Ninja Foodi Grill if you like steak. It cooks steak as good as outdoor propane grill.

AND It is a good airfryer
not willingly to pay $300 right now... but good to know

I assumed next level air fryer would be ninja foodi XL?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
4391 posts
3196 upvotes
holiday weekend coming up is when you should be vigilant. The last sale happened around a holiday.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 20, 2018
949 posts
177 upvotes
Oakville, ON
evilYoda wrote: holiday weekend coming up is when you should be vigilant. The last sale happened around a holiday.
ooo good to know... my mother want one too lol

oy vey

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)