• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2021 11:55 am
Tags:
May 5, 2015
32 posts
48 upvotes
Cowessess, SK

Best BBQ

My barbeque just got totalled in a windstorm. Is huge but I have a huge family. It’s got like seven burners, warming drawers, and ice bucket. I had purchased a Napoleon high-end grill a few years back and ended up returning it. I was super disappointed by the fit and finish, for $2500 grill that had doors that didn’t line up properly things were not mounted properly, I felt I had cheaper Chinese made bbq’s that were of better quality. just really poor construction. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations four good barbeques I don’t mind spending money, however I’m not interested in spending $4000 or more. I saw one I liked (firemagic echelon e106) the store Just sent me a quote for $17,000… I don’t think so. But I want some thing really good quality.
21 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Crown Verity. Built in Brantford, On.
May 5, 2015
32 posts
48 upvotes
Cowessess, SK
Just checked them out but doesn’t look like anyone sells them in Saskatchewan Thank You for the suggestion I might dig a bit deeper
Apr 30, 2013
860 posts
535 upvotes
King City
Find a local BBQ specialty store and go see and feel them. Pick a few you like and ask employees more questions on them. Ultimately buy what you like most.

Safe and happy hunting.
Oct 30, 2017
821 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
Napoleon is okay if you don't want to spend too much money. Make sure you get an all stainless steel body.

I am considering an infra-red grill for my next bbq, for example by TEC. I don't need a super-massive grill though.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21706 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham
Jerico wrote: Crown Verity. Built in Brantford, On.
Crown likely starts in the $3k range. It will be more than his budget though for the size of bbq he wants.

For higher end bbqs, you can peruse selection here.

https://dicksonbbq.com/collections/gas-bbqs

OP could consider building a charcoal one with brick for the money.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
2269 posts
2729 upvotes
Bought a ten year old Weber summit on Kijiji for $800 last year. Regular $3600 + tax. Weighs 300lbs and is built like a rock with all the accessories! Can't complain.
>Wake up and take the orange pill ...
Oct 30, 2017
821 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
superscoots wrote: Bought a ten year old Weber summit on Kijiji for $800 last year. Regular $3600 + tax. Weighs 300lbs and is built like a rock with all the accessories! Can't complain.
I heard that Weber quality has declined over the years.. the old ones were great but the new ones not so much
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18148 upvotes
ONTARIO
Weber ranch kettle will do it. Especially with that big family of yours.

Charcoal webers always top quality. You don’t gotta worry about doors . Everything will line up perfectly.

Fit 10 chickens easily. Probably the same amount or more of ribs.
Chicken, pork, steak... you can easily get enough on there to feed 15 people if you have to.
May 5, 2015
32 posts
48 upvotes
Cowessess, SK
Yah I have not been impressed with the Webber either. It seems the more these are mass produced the worse they get
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1294 posts
1241 upvotes
After having various brands of grills I am solidly a Weber enthusiast from now on. And they have amazing resale value if you keep it clean and maintain.
Dec 4, 2009
837 posts
875 upvotes
Flamborough
I’ve had a Weber Summit Series 620 for almost 10 years now and with the generous warranty I’ve been able to rebuild my grille back to like new performance. Fire box, burners, all new hardware all shipped in no problem so I could rehab my (well used) grille.

Can’t say enough about the Weber brand, their customer service is remarkable.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
jskaemjs wrote: Just checked them out but doesn’t look like anyone sells them in Saskatchewan Thank You for the suggestion I might dig a bit deeper
My last webber is still going at 18 years . Only thing replaced was the grease drip bars . Crown verity makes great bbq . You spend a bit more but the restaurant grade bbq will last you for 20 plus years .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21706 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham
koffey wrote: updated-long-term-bbq-ownership-reviews-2102973

Start reading OP. Lots of variety in this long term review thread.
The problem with that thread is a lot of the BBQs ppl bought back then are no longer manufactured with the same materials or at the same facility etc. Eg. I have a very very old Ducane that was made in the USA. That Ducane is no longer the same Ducane and it's not made in USA anymore. Similarly Vermont Castings has just been revived by Cdn Tire as a brand but that Vermont Castings has no resemblance to the old one it's just they bought rights to use the name/badge/logo.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: The problem with that thread is a lot of the BBQs ppl bought back then are no longer manufactured with the same materials or at the same facility etc. Eg. I have a very very old Ducane that was made in the USA. That Ducane is no longer the same Ducane and it's not made in USA anymore. Similarly Vermont Castings has just been revived by Cdn Tire as a brand but that Vermont Castings has no resemblance to the old one it's just they bought rights to use the name/badge/logo.
Ok, still super easy to say that while some may no longer be manufactured, brand is still something to take into effect. Lots of weber is no longer made in the USA but people still buy them up like their products/service/warranty is the best thing since sliced bread cause of the name/brand/logo. It isn't.

Same can be said for a LOT of products.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
May 5, 2015
32 posts
48 upvotes
Cowessess, SK
I had a look at Webber and Napoleon today side-by-side. Even the sales guy says Webbers tanked these last few years, in the 2022 model year they’re supposed to redo everything because a Napoleon is out selling them so drastically. However both grills quality seems lacking for the price they’re charging. Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4313 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
jskaemjs wrote: I had a look at Webber and Napoleon today side-by-side. Even the sales guy says Webbers tanked these last few years, in the 2022 model year they’re supposed to redo everything because a Napoleon is out selling them so drastically. However both grills quality seems lacking for the price they’re charging. Thoughts?
What exactly does "redo everything" mean?

I bought a Weber Genesis this past summer and am happy with it. Quality looks good.
May 5, 2015
32 posts
48 upvotes
Cowessess, SK
Complete redesign from the ground up, I guess they have not changed their design in ages

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)