Sports & Recreation

Best Biking route Mississauga to Waterloo (need it for tmw!)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2009 2:36 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
1386 posts
7 upvotes

Best Biking route Mississauga to Waterloo (need it for tmw!)

Ok so finally some warm days are here and I really want to try this. i want to go from mississauga (9th line and eglinton) to university of waterloo.

Google maps shows two routes with no highway use one for walking and one by car. both of them seem to have long stretches of farm land or forest and i am just wondering which one is better. By better i mean have more stores to fill up water and by food thats my main concern and then secondly easy riding (flatter = better) and lastly scenic.

I use to bike about 40km/day in two settings (20 each time) last summer and did it fairly easily. I am in much better shape now and can do 45 minutes of intesnse spinning class/boot camp etc. so i think i can manage ~85km to waterloo specially since time is not a concern. i drink loads >gallon/day. i can only carry about 1.5L on me so need atleast say 3 equally spaced food/water spots

Thank you!
4 replies
Banned
Jun 21, 2005
4231 posts
5 upvotes
mapmyride.com will provide you with elevation levels and allows you to map out, more precisely, what smaller routes you might be interested in.
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3634 posts
63 upvotes
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s ... 2&t=h&z=10

That's a big Url. I'd do more the "walking" route, but I'd take Derry Rd. Campbellville Road has too many Drumlins. Plus the Derry route will take you through towns like Kilbride, Carlisle, and Freelton to restock on Water. No matter what you'll have a bit of a gap between civilization between Freelton and Cambridge.
Oct 19, 2006
95 posts
35 upvotes
Hey lemme know how it goes, i am interested to hear how it turns out and the time to took. Happy biking.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
1386 posts
7 upvotes
Ahh stupid me I did a leg work out and i think went a lil overboard ha ha i dont think its gonna happen tomorrow but maybe sunday or next week. ill let you know though.