Food & Drink

Best breakfast in Mississauga

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 7:17 am
Aug 30, 2007
162 posts
27 upvotes
I've been living in Mississauga for 4 years...I went to cora's once I moved in at Meadowvale inwhich I then started going to Sunset Grill at Eglinton and Winston Churchill. Cora's service was atrocious. Meal was overpriced and I wasn't satisfied at all. I have since been going to Sunset Grill and I haven't been anywhere else. I tried Bobby's but that was way too greasy. All these other ma and pa places are too greasy!
Smitty's is average. I'm also happy to see another Sunset Grill open on Argentia Road(401 Winston Churchill). Now I can either go north or south to get to one as I live smack in the middle.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2065 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
I have never personally been to Sunset Grill, but my co-workers swear by it. They always go to the one by Erin Mills Town Centre.

Me I like Denny's (the skinny moons), or I have found that any restaurant run by a Greek family usually serve amazing all day breakfasts. There is one at Derry & Hwy 10, I haven't gone to it for a few years so I am not sure if it it is still any good, but they made amazing omelets and, and far as price they were really cheap.
Aug 30, 2007
162 posts
27 upvotes
funny that you say that..erin mills sunset grill owner is greek...and i believe he owns the same one on Argentia road. :)
May 5, 2006
395 posts
3 upvotes
whats with YOU ppl and your breakfast places

its friggen eggs and bacon and toast, you can have the same stuff in your kitchen minus the $15 price tag

ive been to sunset and coras out of peer pressure and regretted spending all that money plus tax and tip for basic food items
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
3286 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa
doodypoo wrote:
Sep 1st, 2007 8:26 pm

its friggen eggs and bacon and toast, you can have the same stuff in your kitchen minus the $15 price tag

ive been to sunset and coras out of peer pressure and regretted spending all that money plus tax and tip for basic food items
I went to a Sunset Grill last time I was in Toronto and if I remember correctly the breakfast special was ~$5-6 or so?

Coras on the other hand...
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
1672 posts
32 upvotes
The is a Sunset Grill in Port Credit now ... on Lakeshore just west of Hurontario (I think)

I am going to try it out tomorrow morning
Aug 30, 2007
162 posts
27 upvotes
doodypoo wrote:
Sep 1st, 2007 8:26 pm

But its okay when you go to a bar or club..or wherever and spend $5-7 on a drink? or when you buy clothing that has 300% markup..whats the difference. Then you should stay home for the rest of you life and not go anywhere..stay in like a hermit..
People enjoy to wake up early morning and have a breakfast ...
Oct 26, 2006
682 posts
6 upvotes
ricenice wrote:
Aug 19th, 2007 11:52 am
Skyway Jacks up around Erin Mills and 401 has the best breakfast in the city.

Never been to Bobby's but i highly recoment Skyway Jacks
damn, the markham skyway jacks is 2min from my house. i always pass by it, but, never think about checking it out...

it's now on my list to visit...
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11461 posts
1680 upvotes
Mississauga
Skyway Jack's is right around my house and I like it. Better value than Denny's (also near my house) for sure. I've eaten at Bobby's Hideaway and Sunset Grill at Erin Mills as well and they're also good.
Feb 2, 2007
36 posts
Sunset Grill in Port Credit is great...right near the lighthouse for views of the Credit River and lake.

Also, in Clarkson (Lakeshore and Southdown Road) is La Felicita. Great service, food and atmosphere.
Enjoy.
Oct 18, 2008
1 posts
dram wrote:
Aug 17th, 2007 2:27 pm
What's the best breakfast restaurant in Mississauga, other than Kora's? I've been there a few times so I'm looking for somewhere new.
I've been to some of the well-known ones mentioned in this thread, but they're too expensive to make a habit out of. However, I go to Ido Cafe with my girlfriend almost every Saturday. $5-6 per person, love their Chicken Clubhouse combo, which is probably their most expensive one at $8. I find I can never can spend a full $20 for two people there, even after tip and tax. Love the food, and it's always right, and definitely not oily. It's getting busy, too - they just got a favorable review in the Mississauga News. It's in the Michaelangelo's Supermarket mini-mall, on Erin Mills Pkwy, south of the 403, north of Burnhamthorpe. Once I found that place, I found going to the others to be WAY too expensive.
Sep 9, 2008
64 posts
3 upvotes
Brampton
IAMTHEKING wrote:
Sep 1st, 2007 11:13 am
funny that you say that..erin mills sunset grill owner is greek...and i believe he owns the same one on Argentia road. :)
The greek guy no longer owns the Sunset Grill @ 401/Winston. My friends and I went there regulary for the past year, and received excellent service and great food everytime.

Since he sold it, it is terrible and i will never go back there again. We waited ten minutes in a half-full restaurant to have our drink orders taken by some guido who was more interested in mainting his goofy haircut then serving his clients.

If the greek guy still owns the Erin Mills one I highly recommend it. If not, Sunset grill can kiss my ass.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
5193 posts
882 upvotes
I tried the skyway Jacks in Streetsville - very good value 3 eggs/bacon / homefries and toast for under $5 I think it was

I like Idomo Cafe in the Michael Angelos plaza as well

I still miss Harveys breakfast though - now that was a steal!
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

Ole Gunnar IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.