• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 7:17 am
Mar 30, 2008
60 posts
1 upvote
Brampton/Mississauga
jl001 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2007 8:22 am
There is a restaurant review column in the Mississauga News...
I remember reading a recent column that gave a good review for Symposium Cafe on Meadowvale Town Centre circle.
If anyone's been to this place, please share the experience.
I've been to Cora's in the same area - Not really getting good value for your money.
My fianc
Sep 1, 2006
85 posts
Misissauga
Bumping up an old thread here with my 2 cents.

My favourite breakfast place is probably The Muddy Duck on Dundas near the 427, close to La Castille. They have an amazing breakfast buffet. It has an omelette station where they will cook your omelette however you want in front of you. Also a belgian waffle station where you can make your own waffles with fruit topping etc. They have cereals, muffins, bagels, eggs, bacon, etc etc. If I remember correctly it's about ~$10-12.

I also like Orchard which was previously mentioned. I tried the daylight grill in Clarkson beside the Turtle Jack's, it was decent too. Cora's is ok but overpriced in my opinion, I remember being charged like $5 for my OJ when my gf's Apple Juice was like $1.99. I asked why the difference and they told me the OJ was freshly squeezed. lol. yeah freshly squeezed from the container maybe. Don't remember ever going back. Sizzlin Jak's is great too!
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
14356 posts
3691 upvotes
London
ould wrote:
Nov 25th, 2008 5:42 pm
..... I tried the daylight grill in Clarkson beside the Turtle Jack's, ..!
+1 for Daylight Grill. Just tried it the other day. Large portions and decent prices. It's across from the CT store
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3929 posts
739 upvotes
l69norm wrote:
Nov 25th, 2008 5:59 pm
+1 for Daylight Grill. Just tried it the other day. Large portions and decent prices. It's across from the CT store
i've also gone here after dropping off my gf at work. very cheap prices and large portions.
Oct 19, 2007
51 posts
1 upvote
Symposium's eggs benedict is very good...the rest of their food is decent but not great. and yes, the service has been stellar every time i've been there so far...

[quote="sonia082" post_id="7637632" time="1225294316" user_id="151680"]My fianc
Mar 13, 2005
5 posts
Mississauga
ould wrote:
Nov 25th, 2008 5:42 pm
Bumping up an old thread here with my 2 cents.

My favourite breakfast place is probably The Muddy Duck on Dundas near the 427, close to La Castille. They have an amazing breakfast buffet. It has an omelette station where they will cook your omelette however you want in front of you. Also a belgian waffle station where you can make your own waffles with fruit topping etc. They have cereals, muffins, bagels, eggs, bacon, etc etc. If I remember correctly it's about ~$10-12.

I also like Orchard which was previously mentioned. I tried the daylight grill in Clarkson beside the Turtle Jack's, it was decent too. Cora's is ok but overpriced in my opinion, I remember being charged like $5 for my OJ when my gf's Apple Juice was like $1.99. I asked why the difference and they told me the OJ was freshly squeezed. lol. yeah freshly squeezed from the container maybe. Don't remember ever going back. Sizzlin Jak's is great too!

Best Breakfast is by far Orchard as well. But be aware it is a "greasy spoon" diner type breakfast. Best homefries and awesome cornbeef hash- real corned beef, onions and gr peppers. AWESOME!!

Macy's Diner on Royal Windsor Oakville/miss border is good too. Nice smoked salmon or eggs benny. Pretty clean and not too greasy.

I've been to Bobbys in streetsville as well. Cleaner and not as greasy, decent hash browns and has the hash as well.

Sky jacks is supposed to good and they got the hash too. Haven't been but i hear theyre prices are pretty good.

Now live in burlington/hammer area, cant seem to find a good place that does corned beef hash right. any ideas?
Apr 29, 2009
1 posts
Hi, I just joined this site and wanted to respond regarding Daylight Grill on Southdown. I applied there and was asked to work a few hours. No pay, as they told me it was training. I needed a job so I said ok. They asked me to come back next day, I did, got yelled at by George the owner who is a very nasty man. Worked for 6 hours and he told me I was still in training so once again no pay!. I have been in hospitality industry for 15 years and very experienced. This place is a nightmare, waitresses steal your tips and tables. Also was told by owner I had to pay $15 every shift for breakage. Times that by 5 shifts a week, thats $300.00 a month. $3,600.00 a year. George will give you 1 pkg of jam with breakfast and charge you 50Cents for each extra pkg. This man is scum. After he did not pay me he told me he would call me if I was lucky enough to get a job there. Sunset Grill in Port Credit way better, nice people no stealing, extra jam is free!
Aug 30, 2007
162 posts
27 upvotes
alphacenturi wrote:
Apr 30th, 2009 11:41 am
Hi, I just joined this site and wanted to respond regarding Daylight Grill on Southdown. I applied there and was asked to work a few hours. No pay, as they told me it was training. I needed a job so I said ok. They asked me to come back next day, I did, got yelled at by George the owner who is a very nasty man. Worked for 6 hours and he told me I was still in training so once again no pay!. I have been in hospitality industry for 15 years and very experienced. This place is a nightmare, waitresses steal your tips and tables. Also was told by owner I had to pay $15 every shift for breakage. Times that by 5 shifts a week, thats $300.00 a month. $3,600.00 a year. George will give you 1 pkg of jam with breakfast and charge you 50Cents for each extra pkg. This man is scum. After he did not pay me he told me he would call me if I was lucky enough to get a job there. Sunset Grill in Port Credit way better, nice people no stealing, extra jam is free!

Just a FYI, under Ontario Labour Laws, it is law to be paid for training.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17821 posts
889 upvotes
alphacenturi wrote:
Apr 30th, 2009 11:41 am
Believe it or not I have another friend who's told me that place is no good either
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
61 upvotes
Ontario
jokaz wrote:
Aug 19th, 2007 1:22 am

Cora's is nice but I hate the lines and just across the street there is a nice place for breakfast but I don't remember the name. It is hard to miss as they have patio so you can see it from Cora's. I went there twice, on weekend and it was super. The other time, I tried it during weekday but it was a flop. They have a little shop at back for some Italian products and they have some healthy alternative choices in their menu.
http://www.lafelicita.ca/
poor customer service, but the food is good.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2009
1432 posts
31 upvotes
Honestly, I just like the breakfast in Pickel Barrel
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
262 upvotes
Mississauga
duckdown wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2009 4:15 am
Believe it or not I have another friend who's told me that place is no good either
"No good" in terms of a restaurant or in terms of an employer?

Been there twice in the past couple months, food and menu is virtually identical to Sunset Grille. Owner or manager seemed nice, came by our table to make sure everything was ok. Waitresses dont seem any less happy than they do at Sunset (in fact, they seem a little cheerier and less exhausted at Daylight).

But if they are unscrupulous as an employer, its good to know. Definitely something I'd consider when going out.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Aug 30, 2007
162 posts
27 upvotes
stealth wrote:
Aug 24th, 2009 12:06 am
"No good" in terms of a restaurant or in terms of an employer?

Been there twice in the past couple months, food and menu is virtually identical to Sunset Grille. Owner or manager seemed nice, came by our table to make sure everything was ok. Waitresses dont seem any less happy than they do at Sunset (in fact, they seem a little cheerier and less exhausted at Daylight).

But if they are unscrupulous as an employer, its good to know. Definitely something I'd consider when going out.
True...even though you enjoy the good food, if word gets around the owner(s) treats everyone like its a slave camp, I just wouldnt feel like going back.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3842 posts
1673 upvotes
High Point Restaurant at 3415 Dixie Rd., in the same mall where Grants Supermarket is located, is pretty good. Three eggs, bacon or sausage, home fries and toast, will set you back $3.95 before tax and tip. Efficient, friendly service as well.