Best breakfast in Mississauga

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2013 8:43 pm
Aug 4, 2008
86 posts
Mississauga
Stryker wrote:
Aug 29th, 2009 1:11 pm
High Point Restaurant at 3415 Dixie Rd., in the same mall where Grants Supermarket is located, is pretty good. Three eggs, bacon or sausage, home fries and toast, will set you back $3.95 before tax and tip. Efficient, friendly service as well.
I love eating here. Its a bit expensive if you don't get the special but the portions are pretty good.

I've always been served right away and they don't rush you out. Maybe because we I go its not really busy but the owners seem really nice.
Oct 17, 2009
1 posts
mississauga
Another really good place for breakfast is Family Pleasure Restraint. 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, or ham, or 2 sausages, home fries and toast $3.98. and coffee is $1.25. A definite must try... soooo good.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4982 posts
919 upvotes
Mississauga
address? major intersection?
sambocat wrote:
Oct 18th, 2009 11:44 am
Another really good place for breakfast is Family Pleasure Restraint. 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, or ham, or 2 sausages, home fries and toast $3.98. and coffee is $1.25. A definite must try... soooo good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7576 posts
1689 upvotes
Mississauga
Resurrecting an old thread. Seems like there aren't any new developments in breakfast places in Mississauga. Looking for somewhere good!

These are the places I have tried over the years:

Orchard Family Restaurant - Yuck
Muddy Duck - Too Expensive
Bounty Family Restaurant - YUCK
Bobbys Hideaway - Poor poor service. Can't understand its hype
EggSmart - Like but last time was salty
Symposium Cafe - Bad restaurant
Erindale Family Restaurant - Nothing wrong with it but don't want to go there again
Cora's - a big fat No
Sunset Grill Dundas Dixie - will try this week or next

Wondering if there's any other place to try? Not sure if I want to try Denny's.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17804 posts
870 upvotes
Denny's is dope, don't care what anyone says! Those hashbrowns are the bomb

I too don't understand the hype around Bobby's Hideaway, it's so average and bland
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4982 posts
919 upvotes
Mississauga
For simple breakfast....ido cafe @ erin mills/403 plaza (michael angelos)

I agree. .. Bobbys is overrated

If you want crepe for breakfast, a decent place is the one in the plaza with passport office
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4982 posts
919 upvotes
Mississauga
Use to like dennys...

Too expensive now and also the only place that consistently gives you burnt toast and burnt sausages.... in other words. .. quality is subpar
duckdown wrote:
Oct 27th, 2013 1:16 pm
Denny's is dope, don't care what anyone says! Those hashbrowns are the bomb

I too don't understand the hype around Bobby's Hideaway, it's so average and bland
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4982 posts
919 upvotes
Mississauga
If you plan to try sunset grill, don't go weekend unless u don't mind waiting for table. ..
Raggie wrote:
Oct 27th, 2013 10:09 am
Resurrecting an old thread. Seems like there aren't any new developments in breakfast places in Mississauga. Looking for somewhere good!

These are the places I have tried over the years:

Orchard Family Restaurant - Yuck
Muddy Duck - Too Expensive
Bounty Family Restaurant - YUCK
Bobbys Hideaway - Poor poor service. Can't understand its hype
EggSmart - Like but last time was salty
Symposium Cafe - Bad restaurant
Erindale Family Restaurant - Nothing wrong with it but don't want to go there again
Cora's - a big fat No
Sunset Grill Dundas Dixie - will try this week or next

Wondering if there's any other place to try? Not sure if I want to try Denny's.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7576 posts
1689 upvotes
Mississauga
Went to Sunset Grill - Dundas/Dixie. Was extremely busy but we were lucky we did not need to wait. Has only been open for a few months, cannot believe its so busy already. Was very good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7576 posts
1689 upvotes
Mississauga
Ducky wrote:
Oct 27th, 2013 1:52 pm
For simple breakfast....ido cafe @ erin mills/403 plaza (michael angelos)

I agree. .. Bobbys is overrated

If you want crepe for breakfast, a decent place is the one in the plaza with passport office
Do you mean Central Parkway?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4982 posts
919 upvotes
Mississauga
Central parkway and burhamthorpe plaza for the crepe place. ...same plaza as mcdonalds
Raggie wrote:
Oct 27th, 2013 3:51 pm
Do you mean Central Parkway?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4982 posts
919 upvotes
Mississauga
Many locations throughout gta...

It is decent but my wife and I still usually go to ido cafe
Raggie wrote:
Oct 27th, 2013 3:49 pm
Went to Sunset Grill - Dundas/Dixie. Was extremely busy but we were lucky we did not need to wait. Has only been open for a few months, cannot believe its so busy already. Was very good.
Apr 6, 2009
327 posts
63 upvotes
Another Thumbs up for sunset grille on Winston Churchill and Eglinton.

Another thumbs down for Bobby's hideaway - food didn't taste fresh and so-so service.
Oct 22, 2007
34 posts
6 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Satelite Restaurant has a new website so not sure if they are trying to make a come back or if their condo development is not selling. Who knows. Anyway it's www.satelliterestaurant.ca. They have been around for many years. Only went once for breakfast and other than the home fries being a bit to al dents for me, it was good. They are on Lakeshore near Southdown. This is a place to try for those that want to go back in time or appreciate a very old and odd shaped building and its history in the area.

My favourite spot in the area is Daylight Grill at Lakeshore and Southdown in the Canadian Tire/Metro plaza. M