• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2021 6:03 pm
[OP]
Aug 16, 2015
234 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto

Best budget Motherboard for Ryzen 3100?

Hey guys, I’m building a budget pc. Mainly for work related non intensive things and the occasional game. I’ve got my case, processor, storage and PSU. I’ve now turned to buying the mobo. My last build was a fx6300 based system, which was almost a decade ago. Looking for advice... Which board should I look at. A520 boards? Best brands? Brands to avoid? Step up to a B550 when it goes on sale? or look at the last gen 450? Any input would be much appreciated.

Budget is around $100 and ATX or Micro ATX is fine.
5 replies
Jul 18, 2019
117 posts
57 upvotes
Ontario
B550 is nice
I got Asus prime b550m
Jul 18, 2019
117 posts
57 upvotes
Ontario
You should get B550 for PCIe4.0 just in case. I like the 'idea' of getting faster NVME ready.

Right now its not really needed but who knows down the road when they get super fast with better technology added.
[OP]
Aug 16, 2015
234 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
I think with a budget build I'd never even come close to taking advantage of the faster 4.0 lol.

mlerfd wrote: You should get B550 for PCIe4.0 just in case. I like the 'idea' of getting faster NVME ready.

Right now its not really needed but who knows down the road when they get super fast with better technology added.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2902 posts
451 upvotes
From my experience I would not bother getting a mobo based on future upgrades. Get something that works really good now with room to upgrade the existing technology for example faster ddr4 ram, ssd, etc.
Because next year a new technology might show up that will eclipse pcie4 for example so you spent the extra money for nothing.
My Pentiumm III opinion.