Cell Phones

Best Budget Phone

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 5:51 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
May 15, 2017
182 posts
155 upvotes

Best Budget Phone

Hello. I am looking for some recommendations for the best cell phone under $300.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks for your help
8 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
13968 posts
11599 upvotes
Leask
Play the Koodo game. That money on Black Friday will land you a Galaxy A5, LG G5 or iPhone SE.

A $200 phone can be acquired for less than a case of beer when promo's peak.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
13968 posts
11599 upvotes
Leask
Sicklyslick wrote: Xiaomi Mi A1 if you need unlocked.
Lolz, hardly any phones off the shelf are still carrier-locked. Only 2016 models, and only until the end of the month.
No solicitation in sigs
[OP]
Jr. Member
May 15, 2017
182 posts
155 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Play the Koodo game. That money on Black Friday will land you a Galaxy A5, LG G5 or iPhone SE.

A $200 phone can be acquired for less than a case of beer when promo's peak.
What's the Koodo game?

Last I checked, Koodo doesn't carry the LG G5.
Newbie
Sep 20, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
+1 can an iPhone SE be acquired for under $300 at Koodo? Last I checked Koodo would be plan medium at $360 plus 3 months service at $90, unless TMS has some credits which are unlisted on their website (which happened last time with the LG G4), that's a fair bit of money.
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
13968 posts
11599 upvotes
Leask
turtler wrote: What's the Koodo game?

Last I checked, Koodo doesn't carry the LG G5.
My bad. LG G5 is probably end of life. Maybe some dealers have it? I wouldn't go out of my way for an LG G5 though.
BarneytheDinosaur wrote: +1 can an iPhone SE be acquired for under $300 at Koodo? Last I checked Koodo would be plan medium at $360 plus 3 months service at $90, unless TMS has some credits which are unlisted on their website (which happened last time with the LG G4), that's a fair bit of money.
End of back to school was on par with last June on Koodo at TMS. Incentives were off the hook, especially if you got lucky with the scratch and win.
No solicitation in sigs
Jr. Member
Feb 6, 2007
187 posts
35 upvotes
Which would be better, lg g3 or iPhone 6s?
Member
Nov 9, 2006
460 posts
121 upvotes
Montreal
85matt wrote: Which would be better, lg g3 or iPhone 6s?
iPhone 6s is way better IMO, I have owned the SE (min i6s) and 2 LG G3's so I can imagine that the 6s would be even better. The Camera on the G3 was the most disappointing features of the G3 as well as double tap to activate the display, my phone would always turn one by itself when it was in my pocket.

Top