• Feb 28th, 2018 9:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
19822 posts
20138 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] $109.99 Open Box Logitech UE Boom 2 w/full warranty. Online only

Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
13 replies
Feb 11, 2010
114 posts
119 upvotes
GTA
Get JBL Flip 4 or Anker Soundcore Boost if on your on budget. UE is too much hyped.
Nov 5, 2012
476 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
racing.racing wrote: Get JBL Flip 4 or Anker Soundcore Boost if on your on budget. UE is too much hyped.
With Anker you also get 30% off the speaker when you buy another item from them. On Amazon.
Dec 21, 2017
202 posts
17 upvotes
Markham
Which is better, Flip 4 or Ue Boom 2 ?
Jun 28, 2014
275 posts
251 upvotes
Ajax, ON
JoeinCA wrote: Which is better, Flip 4 or Ue Boom 2 ?
I have a boom 2, out of box I was ready to return it until I updated the firmware. I use it all the time. The range on it is amazing, top floor to bottom without any dropouts.
Nov 9, 2017
33 posts
6 upvotes
In my opinion-
JBL’s Flip 4 sounds much better- more clear, deeper bass
UE Boom2 has a few things going for it. It’s durable, can withstand drops from 5ft(1.5m) it has 360 deg sound and is also louder, it has “remote power on/off” which allows it to be turned on through its app (a favorite feature of mine)
Boom 2 reports 15h battery while Flip 4 is 12h
Boom 2 uses Bluetooth 3.0 while Flip is 4.2 (not sure what this means)
Both rated IPX7 water protection but only UE boom brags about its speaker being fully immersed 1m/30min
Both speakers allow multiple users to connect to one speaker but Boom 2 allows 3 ppl while Flip 4 only 2
Both allow multiple compatible speakers to be used simultaneously, UE boom 2 allows up to 150 devices, Flip 4 -100

Other notes:
according to Bestbuy
Boom 2 supports Google Cast, Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Allplay, and DTS Play-Fi while Flip 4 does not
Boom 2 supports NFC
Flip 4 freq response- 70Hz-20Hz
Boom 2 freq response- 90Hz-20Hz
Boom 2- 2 year warrenty, Flip 4- 1 year

Personally I have the Boom 2 Holiday/Panther Edition
It’s used as a shower speaker and I enjoy it.
I love the remote power on feature.
I don’t own a Flip 4 so I can’t comment
The app did have some issues where certain features like remote power on were not working, but it’s been fixed since
FYI- the panther edition for some ridiculous reason does not come with the power adapter, only the usb cable
Nov 12, 2012
497 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Between those two, definitely Boom 2. I had a Boom 2 and the only reason why i returned it was because they had a better sale for JBL Charge 3 which has more bass.

Pozdrav Makedonec!
Dec 26, 2009
92 posts
10 upvotes
Thank you. OOS at Best Buy. Ordered at the source with coupon. 122$ shipped
jumperson22 wrote: Any idea where this coupon is? Is it the same speaker? Once says Panther and the other Holiday edition.
It’s panther holiday edition, So the same
Dec 21, 2017
202 posts
17 upvotes
Markham
Im seeking one with better sound quality, and to get some bass not flat.
Other futures not so important to my needs.

Jbl charge looks a big to my needs.

extinct1 wrote: Between those two, definitely Boom 2. I had a Boom 2 and the only reason why i returned it was because they had a better sale for JBL Charge 3 which has more bass.

Pozdrav Makedonec!
Pozdrav back brat :)
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1228 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Moose7 wrote: Thank you. OOS at Best Buy. Ordered at the source with coupon. 122$ shipped

It’s panther holiday edition, So the same
Thanks for the confirmation. Any idea where I can get a coupon for the source?
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1228 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Picked it up from The Source. I got them to PM with BestBuy / Amazon for $119.99 and then used the $25 off $100 coupon on top of that. Total came to around $111 after taxes ($94.99 + taxes/fees).