Hot Deals

[Best Buy] $1499 ASUS Strix Gaming PC - (AMD Ryzen 5 3600X/1TB HDD/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce RTX 2060)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2021 1:20 pm
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
85 posts
26 upvotes

[Best Buy] $1499 ASUS Strix Gaming PC - (AMD Ryzen 5 3600X/1TB HDD/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce RTX 2060)

Can anyone comment on this prebuilt gaming pc? I am not up to date on hardware costs, but seemed like a warm deal.
10 replies
Apr 3, 2006
783 posts
385 upvotes
andru wrote: Can anyone comment on this prebuilt gaming pc? I am not up to date on hardware costs, but seemed like a warm deal.
The latest generation Nvidia RTX 3060 cards and AMD 5600X cpus are such gigantic leaps in performance I wouldn’t step down to the previous generation stuff even for less money.

There’s a reason why the new chips are constantly sold out everywhere. To buy one you pretty much have to pay over MSRP - that’s how good they are compared to last gen.

If you can wait for stock, I’d hold out.
Dec 5, 2019
188 posts
492 upvotes
my best friend bought this exact machine from bestbuy, open box, geek squad certified for 918$ two weeks ago and it was brand new when it arrived or at least he couldn't find anything that would suggest that it wasn't brand new.

considering that, this is super cold imo I could never wrap my head around paying 600 extra knowing that.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3209 posts
5368 upvotes
peteyonline wrote: my best friend bought this exact machine from bestbuy, open box, geek squad certified for 918$ two weeks ago and it was brand new when it arrived or at least he couldn't find anything that would suggest that it wasn't brand new.

considering that, this is super cold imo I could never wrap my head around paying 600 extra knowing that.
I saw that on the website but it was sold out.

I’ve been checking daily since hoping another deal like that pops up :(
Public Mobile customer
Mar 25, 2017
123 posts
192 upvotes
GTA
Sushi Roll wrote: The latest generation Nvidia RTX 3060 cards and AMD 5600X cpus are such gigantic leaps in performance I wouldn’t step down to the previous generation stuff even for less money.

There’s a reason why the new chips are constantly sold out everywhere. To buy one you pretty much have to pay over MSRP - that’s how good they are compared to last gen.

If you can wait for stock, I’d hold out.
Since this post is about a prebuilt pc, I haven’t even seen any prebuilt pcs being sold in the sub $1500 price bracket with a 5600x. Can you please direct me to some so I can keep track when they do come in stock?
Genuinely asking because I’m looking for a PC right now