Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] $169.99 ASUS ROG Claymore Aura RGB Cherry MX Brown Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

[OP]
Aug 7, 2006
20 posts
26 upvotes

[Best Buy] $169.99 ASUS ROG Claymore Aura RGB Cherry MX Brown Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Bestbuy has the ASUS ROG Claymore Aura RGB Cherry MX Brown Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard on sale for $169.99 until June 20th. Most places seem to be selling it for $300+

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/as ... d/10497225

Seems like a good deal for someone looking for a mechanical keyboard with decent reviews.

Corran
6 replies
May 28, 2010
60 posts
6 upvotes
Scarborough
Been looking for the Cherry MX Brown version, Amazon had it as a warehouse deal at $149.95 for Red.

Tried reserving one, got an email back stating it was out of stock so I ended up ordering it online. Free shipping but I have to wait until Monday to see it.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18865 posts
5679 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
A lot of bad reviews around for this, including lots of rmas for unresponsive keys and general manfunctions.

Also it says model claymore core, so no numpad even though some of the pics show it.
Dec 16, 2007
111 posts
69 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
BinaryJay wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 7:31 pm
Also it says model claymore core, so no numpad even though some of the pics show it.
That's incorrect. Data entry error on their part on the model, but it is indeed the full keyboard including the number pad.

I purchased the same web code/sku the last time it was at this price.
All the stock on shelves I've seen is the full keyboard as well.
Oct 13, 2012
627 posts
775 upvotes
Such an ugly mechanical keyboard. It's uglier than the G910 Orion Sparks.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7433 posts
2202 upvotes
Toronto
Freebush wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 11:40 pm
Such an ugly mechanical keyboard. It's uglier than the G910 Orion Sparks.
That's debatable, the Orion has the weird grooves in the keys.
Jun 19, 2019
1 posts
I bought this keyboard a month ago with this price, tried it and returned it. Good thing about this keyboard is that the number pad is detachable and can be attached on the left-hand side, so if someone like me that wants use right-hand to control arrow keys and typing numbers with left-hand, this is a good feature. But there are bad things about this keyboard that eventually made me return the keyboard , First, no wrist rest, not good for typing or playing games long time. Second, if you want number lock on all the time and use any color lighting except white, you will notice a weird white light in your sight. Cuz the light under num Lock will always be white if keep the number lock on, and there is nothing you can do about it, the Asus software doesn't have any option to turn if off or change it, if anyone like me have a little ocd with the lighting of the keyboard, don't buy this keyboard, cuz it will make you go nuts every time you use it. There are a lot keyboard with Brown switch around similar price as this one, all of them have better design and functionality than this one