Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

$199.99 - Seagate Expansion 10TB Desktop External Hard Drive (STEB10000400)

Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
2205 posts
1572 upvotes
r_malvia wrote: Yeah I don't get it. I replaced 2 - 2TB Seagate Ironwolf (non pro, 3 yrs old) with 2 shucked 10TB Exos. The old Ironwolves were running at 33 and 36 degrees. The 2 Exos are 40 & 46!! I thought helium was supposed to run cooler?!
But it does? :::

May 29, 2004
559 posts
175 upvotes
well it seems the price went back to $244.99.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2031 posts
280 upvotes
If anyone's interested, I have a couple of drives for trade (one purchased at $199 + tax and $220 for the other) for the EXOS drive. Looking for an IronWolf Pro to trade with.
I'm located at Shareway and Heartland in Toronto. PM if you're interested.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3571 posts
2935 upvotes
GTA
This been a wild ride, going to return the 2x (presumed) Ironwolfs and just upgrade a single 3TB NAS drive with the Costco 8TB $155 deal instead
Nov 23, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Thanks OP!

Two of these just arrived, and looks like they're IronWolf Pro.

1) ST10000NE0008
2) ST10000NE0008
Dec 16, 2012
788 posts
510 upvotes
Barrie, ON
I'm still so confused... So would NAABHCF 11/2020 is iron wolf pro? Should I send it back to try to get Exos? I thought Iron Wolf Pros were good NAS drives?

B
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2324 posts
1186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PiusPatronus wrote: If anyone's interested, I have a couple of drives for trade (one purchased at $199 + tax and $220 for the other) for the EXOS drive. Looking for an IronWolf Pro to trade with.
I'm located at Shareway and Heartland in Toronto. PM if you're interested.
Surprised me you will exchange EXOS to Ironwolf
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2324 posts
1186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KillerX wrote: I'm still so confused... So would NAABHCF 11/2020 is iron wolf pro? Should I send it back to try to get Exos? I thought Iron Wolf Pros were good NAS drives?

B
IronWolf Pro is NAS Enterprise level
EXOS is Data Center Enterprise level

EXOS is much noise than Ironwolf

EXOS can convert to 4kn (I have no idea what's it) , someone explained it's mean more reliable
Dec 16, 2012
788 posts
510 upvotes
Barrie, ON
jacky190424 wrote:
IronWolf Pro is NAS Enterprise level
EXOS is Data Center Enterprise level

EXOS is much noise than Ironwolf

EXOS can convert to 4kn (I have no idea what's it) , someone explained it's mean more reliable
Thank you for your response...so what your telling me is I just got a $400 drive for $200... Why...the...F didn't I buy more? Haha I have a 1019+ and 2 drives are 4tb, that would be a sick upgrade...

Also, with Synology, how do I take a 4tb drive and replace it with this one? Is there any special way to do it so the files get merged with this one?
Nov 15, 2012
489 posts
657 upvotes
Mississauga
I got mine yesterday via UPS, not sure why, but it was sitting at BB depot for a week before UPS p/u. It's NAABDS and SMART shows ST10000NM001G drive inside, so EXOS drive. I was testing the writing transfer speeds as an external drive, not sure why it goes up and down, not consistent, at moments goes up to 180MB/s, then it falls down to 40-50MB/s...and then it stays around 70-80MB/s. Weird, not sure what is wrong? I have another WD 8TB external drive from Costco, it has a steady 190-200MB/s when transferring the same file, on the same USB3 port on my comp. from the internal SSD disk. Anyone tested theirs transfer speeds ?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2324 posts
1186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
nmitrik wrote: I got mine yesterday via UPS, not sure why, but it was sitting at BB depot for a week before UPS p/u. It's NAABDS and SMART shows ST10000NM001G drive inside, so EXOS drive. I was testing the writing transfer speeds as an external drive, not sure why it goes up and down, not consistent, at moments goes up to 180MB/s, then it falls down to 40-50MB/s...and then it stays around 70-80MB/s. Weird, not sure what is wrong? I have another WD 8TB external drive from Costco, it has a steady 190-200MB/s when transferring the same file, on the same USB3 port on my comp. from the internal SSD disk. Anyone tested theirs transfer speeds ?
You are not the only one reported having issue on testing the EXOS drive.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2324 posts
1186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KillerX wrote: Thank you for your response...so what your telling me is I just got a $400 drive for $200... Why...the...F didn't I buy more? Haha I have a 1019+ and 2 drives are 4tb, that would be a sick upgrade...

Also, with Synology, how do I take a 4tb drive and replace it with this one? Is there any special way to do it so the files get merged with this one?
I surprised you just know the purpose of this deal now
Apr 6, 2007
451 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
KillerX wrote:
Thank you for your response...so what your telling me is I just got a $400 drive for $200... Why...the...F didn't I buy more? Haha I have a 1019+ and 2 drives are 4tb, that would be a sick upgrade...

Do you have a raid setup? If so you can just do a hot swap.

It's actually quite simple, just takes a long time. You just take out the old drive and put in the new drive. You NAS will beep at you at this point, but it's fine. It's just telling you there is a problem with a drive. After the new drive is in, go into storage manager, look through the actions available. You will see an action to "repair". This process will take about 2 days per drive.
Jun 1, 2007
238 posts
43 upvotes
What is a good program to test the drive and make sure it has no bad sectors?
I am trying seatools...
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2313 posts
3013 upvotes
verbalnoncents wrote: What is a good program to test the drive and make sure it has no bad sectors?
I am trying seatools...
HDTunes , will take a while
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Oct 16, 2010
176 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
What temperatures do you see when running the long test on seatools? I am seeing 51 and 52 on two different exos still in encolosure.
Last edited by AcidRainXPL on Nov 28th, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1396 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA
KillerX wrote: Thank you for your response...so what your telling me is I just got a $400 drive for $200... Why...the...F didn't I buy more? Haha I have a 1019+ and 2 drives are 4tb, that would be a sick upgrade...

I have some Iron Wolfs that ordered while trying to find Exos. You are welcome to them at cost, otherwise I'll return to BB.
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Dec 16, 2012
788 posts
510 upvotes
Barrie, ON
jacky190424 wrote: I surprised you just know the purpose of this deal now
Hahaha! I guess I'm a true RFD, buy now, ask questions later. Well I thought I might have got a Iron Wolf, but not the Pro... Honestly I've always been super confused on the longevity on Normal green drives VS NAS drives... I have 1 green 10 TB drive I've been using for 2 or 3 years in my homemade NAS and it seems like its ok, but I know everyone tells me to prepare for the worst.

btkli wrote: Do you have a raid setup? If so you can just do a hot swap.

It's actually quite simple, just takes a long time. You just take out the old drive and put in the new drive. You NAS will beep at you at this point, but it's fine. It's just telling you there is a problem with a drive. After the new drive is in, go into storage manager, look through the actions available. You will see an action to "repair". This process will take about 2 days per drive.
Oh boy, I think it took 3 days when I first put in the drives, well this seems easy enough! Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2324 posts
1186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KillerX wrote: Hahaha! I guess I'm a true RFD, buy now, ask questions later. Well I thought I might have got a Iron Wolf, but not the Pro... Honestly I've always been super confused on the longevity on Normal green drives VS NAS drives... I have 1 green 10 TB drive I've been using for 2 or 3 years in my homemade NAS and it seems like its ok, but I know everyone tells me to prepare for the worst.

Oh boy, I think it took 3 days when I first put in the drives, well this seems easy enough! Thanks!
Use CrystalDriveInfo to check what's your HDD.

I would say 90% is Ironwolf pro.

No one reported is Ironwolf instead of IronWolf Pro

I'm noob. in NAS too, I just learnt something about HDD here. Based on what I read here, HDD has SRM and CRM, it means the build quality, CRM is better than SRM is NAS/Server because of it assumed the system runs 24/7, and CRM data recovery has much higher chance than SRM.
WD Green is SRM, so if use it on PC is fine but not suggest on NAS/Server.
Also people mentioned if you don't run RAID in your system, then SRM is fine for UNRAID.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
2205 posts
1572 upvotes
DOM: 09/2020
S/N: NAABDY*
Model: Seagate Exos X16 10TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5-Inch Enterprise Hard Drive (ST10000NM001G)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)