Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

$1999 ROG 13" Flow at Best Buy - AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3050 Ti

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2021 12:20 am
[OP]
Feb 27, 2020
2 posts
14 upvotes

[Best Buy] $1999 ROG 13" Flow at Best Buy - AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3050 Ti

Just saw this pop up today. 13" ROG Flow gaming laptop.
ASUS ROG Flow X13 13.4" 2-in-1 Gaming Laptop (AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3050 Ti

has the new Ryzen 9 and the new RTX3050ti GPU. how cool is this?
Last edited by KenS87378 on May 12th, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
4077 posts
6820 upvotes
Kitchener
Price and specs in title please :)
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 96GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Sep 24, 2020
33 posts
35 upvotes
3050 ti? The ones in reviews were 1650.

Kind of a mediocre machine without the external gpu bundled though, which was supposed to be this model's strength.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1390 posts
343 upvotes
I'm liking this machine when I think about the size, 2-in-1, and such. I mean, 13" that can do some gaming (probably do much better than an xps 13 and all that).
I believe we can buy external stuff later so it makes it a little future proof if asus offers a next gen gpu later on.
I wish it were $300 cheaper, though and the screen at 300 nits... asus man, c'mon, can you not make it brighter for that price?

Edit:
Here's a review from good ol' Jarrod:

By the way, really not liking the screen. The response time is pretty bad, so that means ghosting (similar to zephyrus g14) which is a shame!
Man, Asus really needs to focus on better screens for stuff like this. A 2-in-1 with a so-so screen is not appealing. The other stuff is pretty sound, though.
The fact that it has a 3050 ti really makes it nice too... sigh.
Last edited by nambit on May 12th, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 10, 2006
558 posts
245 upvotes
YYC
Excited to see the Flow available in Canada finally but going to wait to see the price of the external GPU...
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1164 posts
543 upvotes
Great laptop for all those complaining that you cannot game on a XPS or Zen. Decent graphics, small enough to take on the road and type on a plane and powerful enough even without a beefy external graphics. Lets see what the external GPU sells for but a built in 3050Ti is pretty good in this size.
Mar 3, 2012
271 posts
156 upvotes
Edmonton
FTO wrote: Excited to see the Flow available in Canada finally but going to wait to see the price of the external GPU...
im surprised its being sold without the GPU; its a lot less interesting of a product without the GPU.
Sep 25, 2009
636 posts
510 upvotes
lets get more ppl to buy so i can fish one a few years later used :)
definitely want a lightweight with 45W cpu and dgpu.......
Nov 13, 2014
121 posts
92 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
How much is ASUS charging for the external GPU?
Sep 1, 2009
154 posts
59 upvotes
Thanks for the post, I have been following this for the past month and wondering if it would ever come to Canada. So far all bundles are with the eGPU, so it's nice they are finally getting standalone units.

Also looks like they upgraded from the 1650-->3050ti which averages 150% better in benchmarks, probably why delay in availability in North America. This thing is a beast with ryzen, very good value, and to play games

You could get a real RTX 3080 for the same price as what the eGPU will cost (it is expensive)

100W charging, 16:10 screen, hdmi port, it's a 2-in-1 with pen, only thing that comes close to this is the Razer stealth 2021 and that has issues as well.

Check out the linus tech tips:

This made my day, ordered. Thanks!!
Mar 3, 2012
271 posts
156 upvotes
Edmonton
nambit wrote: I'm liking this machine when I think about the size, 2-in-1, and such. I mean, 13" that can do some gaming (probably do much better than an xps 13 and all that).
I believe we can buy external stuff later so it makes it a little future proof if asus offers a next gen gpu later on.
I wish it were $300 cheaper, though and the screen at 300 nits... asus man, c'mon, can you not make it brighter for that price?

Edit:
Here's a review from good ol' Jarrod:

By the way, really not liking the screen. The response time is pretty bad, so that means ghosting (similar to zephyrus g14) which is a shame!
Man, Asus really needs to focus on better screens for stuff like this. A 2-in-1 with a so-so screen is not appealing. The other stuff is pretty sound, though.
The fact that it has a 3050 ti really makes it nice too... sigh.

im pretty iffy about proprietary peripherals. I don't see hardware vendors having a good follow up track record on things even if they are theoretically something they can support - my Sony Z3 laptop with external GPU had just the two generations that were mild changes and the GPU wasn't even that good anyways; Dell claimed their area 51 laptop would have upgradeable innards, but ditched it with the current generation (both CPU and GPU); MSI said their flagship GT80 laptop would have upgradeable GPU but limited it to two generations and the GPUs were crazy expensive anyways; i remember Nvidia having an upgradeable card that was only as good as Nvidia continuing to mkae their GPUs in that format (can't remember the name right now).

I sound a bit bitter, probably because I am haha. Its the same promise each iteration. I am assuming this one external GPU comes out and thats it for this Flow laptop. The only upgrades I would consider as being supported are the external thunderbolt GPUs.