• Mar 2nd, 2020 6:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2700 posts
1882 upvotes
Montreal

[Best Buy] $2399.99 - MacBook Pro 16 inch Open Box

Cheapest I have seen it. Big discount even if open box. With BB always easy returns
18 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2598 posts
1122 upvotes
Sudbury
Very decent specs....I am tempted to upgrade my 15" MacBook Pro from 2013....but it just won't die/quit.

Runs like that day I bought it, in 2013.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3370 posts
1828 upvotes
20% off MSRP. This will be gone soon Smiling Face With Open Mouth
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Jul 27, 2013
8 posts
1 upvote
Windsor
Ordered! Thanks OP, nice find. I was buying this model next week anyway. Great deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2700 posts
1882 upvotes
Montreal
Redscott wrote: 20% off MSRP. This will be gone soon Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Ya Great deal too bad I dont have 2.7k to spend Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Sep 28, 2015
611 posts
465 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Price is good. Does this still has the same warranty as brand new ones?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2700 posts
1882 upvotes
Montreal
warmdeals wrote: Price is good. Does this still has the same warranty as brand new ones?
Ya and they just came out in late November so at least until next November fully covered
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3370 posts
1828 upvotes
danzerino wrote: Ya and they just came out in late November so at least until next November fully covered
Gone! no doubt

anyways BB USA have a certified Open Box for sale of this model for

$2,279.99 US shows it was a killer Canadian deal
Last edited by Redscott on Feb 22nd, 2020 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 20, 2012
603 posts
474 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Would this come with me original box? Never bought open box from bestbuy before.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3370 posts
1828 upvotes
rhinos wrote: Would this come with me original box? Never bought open box from bestbuy before.
when it's certified it should
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3370 posts
1828 upvotes
gotglint wrote: does open box mean the model that was on the floor in store...or something else?
What are Open Box items?

Open Box items are products that may have been returned by our customers or may have been used as store displays or demos. Either way, all of our Open Box items are inspected to ensure product functionality before they're able to be resold.
Dec 2, 2006
52 posts
18 upvotes
This model is sold on the US Apple refurbished site but not yet on the Canadian site. I’m waiting until that happens to buy it.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1023 posts
496 upvotes
Ajax
Redscott wrote: What are Open Box items?

Open Box items are products that may have been returned by our customers or may have been used as store displays or demos. Either way, all of our Open Box items are inspected to ensure product functionality before they're able to be resold.
Keep in mind that they also include items that may have been purchased multiple times and returned (i.e. purchased brand new returned within 14 days and then sold as open box which may have been returned again after 14 days and so forth since November). Best Buy’s open box “certified” nomenclature only means that it was checked to make sure that it was in saleable condition, powers on and functions properly. It has not been refurbished. Open boxes also include demo units that may have been on 24/7 and used by many during the day. I had purchased an open box certified iPhone 11 max pro 256GB phone and returned it as it was in very bad condition. Employee told me that according to their records that same phone has been returned 22 times...I was the 23rd person to buy it...their open box certified process is not the same as Apple’s refurbished program. Still comes with a full 1 year warranty that should start from the date of purchase. You may want to confirm with Apple with the serial number. Open box units from bestbuy are really hit and miss...it’s a gamble but you may score a mint unit especially since this high end MacBook Pro is so pricey that many may not have purchased and returned it. However keep in mind that the online open box units come from across Canada.
Mar 20, 2012
603 posts
474 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Got mine today. There is a 2cm hairline scratch (only visible under sunlight), battery cycle counts 42. Otherwise the system runs just fine. Don't know if I should keep it or not?