Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] $29.97 (Reg $100) Online and very limited in stores -- NCredible Cannon Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - White

Dec 20, 2019
331 posts
803 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
henrik112 wrote: Stereotypical response. Many guys, like myself, are perfectly fine with rose gold. My Apple Watch Series 4 is the Gold version, which resembles Rose Gold, but I think it looks great.
You missed the point, with 4 billion guys in the world even if only one percent liked pink, that would still account for a lot of people, but looking at the larger picture, it isn't. Furthermore, my post was more aimed at the human psyche rather than an attack on the color pink. Brown diamonds didn't really take off until one company rebranded it as chocolate. Why? Because there are negative connotations associated with the color brown such as dirt and feces . Same thing is at work here; rose gold just sounds so much better than pink; I'm sure many people whom would never touch pink, yet love "rose gold". It's a manipulation of the human psyche.
Sep 21, 2008
519 posts
626 upvotes
This "pink" vs "rose gold" conversation is *very* exciting to me.....In for 1000
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1113 posts
882 upvotes
Surrey
Patrickpete wrote: You missed the point, with 4 billion guys in the world even if only one percent liked pink, that would still account for a lot of people, but looking at the larger picture, it isn't. Furthermore, my post was more aimed at the human psyche rather than an attack on the color pink. Brown diamonds didn't really take off until one company rebranded it as chocolate. Why? Because there are negative connotations associated with the color brown such as dirt and feces . Same thing is at work here; rose gold just sounds so much better than pink; I'm sure many people whom would never touch pink, yet love "rose gold". It's a manipulation of the human psyche.
Maybe with male kids, but “most” men are fine with rose gold. I get your point though.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1092 posts
340 upvotes
YYC
dubey wrote: Rose gold is a gold–copper alloy[7] widely used for specialized jewelry. Rose gold, also known as pink gold and red gold, was popular in Russia at the beginning of the nineteenth century, and was also known as Russian gold, although this term is now obsolete. Rose gold jewelry is becoming more popular in the 21st century, and is commonly used for wedding rings, bracelets, and other jewelry.

:facepalm:
You took the time to copy paste what rose gold is from Wikipedia, but you didn't bother looking at Ncredible's website to see this is called a white/rose gold speaker. OMG!!! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6998 posts
3319 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Patrickpete wrote:
You missed the point, with 4 billion guys in the world even if only one percent liked pink, that would still account for a lot of people, but looking at the larger picture, it isn't. Furthermore, my post was more aimed at the human psyche rather than an attack on the color pink. Brown diamonds didn't really take off until one company rebranded it as chocolate. Why? Because there are negative connotations associated with the color brown such as dirt and feces . Same thing is at work here; rose gold just sounds so much better than pink; I'm sure many people whom would never touch pink, yet love "rose gold". It's a manipulation of the human psyche.
henrik112 wrote: Maybe with male kids, but “most” men are fine with rose gold. I get your point though.
I think his point is not about the physical color itself, but rather the wording associated with it.
For example, if you name something that is pink rose gold instead of pink, most people, especially adult male will feel a lot less embarrassed to buy it.
So he is saying even if it is the same color, how you market the color matters.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Nov 14, 2004
983 posts
339 upvotes
herc wrote: You took the time to copy paste what rose gold is from Wikipedia, but you didn't bother looking at Ncredible's website to see this is called a white/rose gold speaker. OMG!!! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
What are not able to comprehend? Rose gold is pink in colour. It's ok you like pink - there's nothing wrong with that. You don't need to throw out those rose gold sweatpants lol
Nov 17, 2013
892 posts
149 upvotes
WINNIPEG
14,525 reviews for an amazon waterproof shower speaker... Is that a typo?? I've never seen so many reviews on amazon
mr2711 wrote: Let's see. One I posted has thousands of reviews and https://reviewmeta.com/amazon-ca/B00NHD ... refox_v2.5 is showing 4.4 rating for this product. One posted by OP has no ratings on Best Buy and quick google search didn't find any place to check reviews for it. There is no way for me to compare quality of products in this case and I would go with Amazon one since it has 4.4 rating.
Sep 30, 2012
16 posts
36 upvotes
canada
Seph1123 wrote: Are these good to leave under the shower head?
IPX7 so yes just don't point pressurized water at it.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16158 posts
17643 upvotes
@henrik112, @Patrickpete, @23LeBronJames, @herc

Good conversation.

I'll quickly settle the matter as someone who's worked in sales.

Rose Gold = Pink to 98.2% of men that interact with it on first blush.

The contrarian males that like the color and want to make it their own, no one is stopping you. More power to you, it goes well with a light pink polo shirt. So in fairness, let's likewise respect those who opt out of this product. There's a reason this color is massively discounted.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Oct 17th, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sep 30, 2012
16 posts
36 upvotes
canada
mr2711 wrote: Let's see. One I posted has thousands of reviews and https://reviewmeta.com/amazon-ca/B00NHD ... refox_v2.5 is showing 4.4 rating for this product. One posted by OP has no ratings on Best Buy and quick google search didn't find any place to check reviews for it. There is no way for me to compare quality of products in this case and I would go with Amazon one since it has 4.4 rating.
OP: maximum output of 2x8W, 10 hour battery, bluetooth 5.0
yours: maximum output 1x5W, 6 hour battery, bluetooth 4.2

https://ncredibleaudio.com/ncredible-cannon/

On paper, it's not even close. That was the third google search result.
Oct 20, 2009
206 posts
75 upvotes
Good job Dr. Phil
PS. My comment actually isn't meant to be sarcastic at all. You bring up really valid points that I was thinking, but am too lazy to explain it so comprehensively. I'm sure alot of ppls agree with your statement as well :)
It's not all about saving a few dollars....its the Principle of it :)
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1092 posts
340 upvotes
YYC
dubey wrote: What are not able to comprehend? Rose gold is pink in colour. It's ok you like pink - there's nothing wrong with that. You don't need to throw out those rose gold sweatpants lol
Your original post was about rose gold, the object, not rose gold the color. I'm pretty sure no one here thinks they use gold in this speaker. Your original post had nothing to do with what we are talking about here. You are right about one thing...rose gold is pink in color but it is not pink. That would be like calling black Grey. That was my original point.

I don't discriminate against anyone based on color and your homophobic comments are best left to yourself.