Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

3 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 50% Off ($24.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2020 3:14 pm
Nov 17, 2019
339 posts
577 upvotes
Thanks for the post, bought myself another year.
Apr 10, 2011
649 posts
345 upvotes
Bought 3 from Costco, all 3 came 5 minutes after.

Bought 3 from EB, only 2 out of 3 came 5 minutes after.

I'll see what happen for the last one...
Dec 30, 2007
924 posts
357 upvotes
Thanks OP. I got 3 codes from Costco and one from Best Buy. Costco came in 5 minutes. Best Buy came in 5 hours.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2010
1095 posts
322 upvotes
The Source also carrying this online for same price.
Nov 28, 2007
560 posts
248 upvotes
Etobicoke
After waiting for a few days for my order from Bestbuy, I finally cancelled it as it was just sitting at "in progress". Ordered 2 from Costco and those arrived within the hour. Now my game pass is good until the end of 2022!
Jan 28, 2006
463 posts
254 upvotes
Brampton
catpurrcat wrote: The Source also carrying this online for same price.
Looks like there charging tax .

I purchased a couple(separate transaction) from bestbuy no tax i'm not sure about costco or ebgames if they charge tax.
Oct 27, 2015
75 posts
148 upvotes
When activating the code online for Game Pass Ultimate through the Microsoft website (not on the xbox directly), does it give you the bonus month for recurring billing like the XBOX Live Gold code activations?
Nov 5, 2011
260 posts
273 upvotes
For people planning to buying several of these, unless you already are a GPU member, wouldn’t it be a better deal to buy Gold subscriptions (60$ for 12 months at Costco) instead, and then converting these Gold months to GPU for 1$ directly from Microsoft?
Penalty Box
May 12, 2011
3407 posts
487 upvotes
North Vancouver
Isn't it cheaper to buy the 12 month instead?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1381 posts
1390 upvotes
Sharks316 wrote: Isn't it cheaper to buy the 12 month instead?
I don't think 12-month Game Pass/Ultimate codes are widely available.

If you don't have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription, it should be cheaper to buy 12-month Xbox Live Gold cards/codes, and then convert that time to Game Pass Ultimate. Especially if you can get Gold from Costco, or otherwise discounted from the regular $70/year.
Nov 5, 2011
260 posts
273 upvotes
AnonymousBroccoli wrote: I don't think 12-month Game Pass/Ultimate codes are widely available.

If you don't have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription, it should be cheaper to buy 12-month Xbox Live Gold cards/codes, and then convert that time to Game Pass Ultimate. Especially if you can get Gold from Costco, or otherwise discounted from the regular $70/year.
Exactly. And if you have an active subscription to Game Pass Ultimate, it’s probably better to let it run out, then buy Gold and convert to GPU, assuming this conversion system is still valid...
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1708 posts
697 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I have my game pass until 2023, I’m assuming the 3 year period is the max?
Nov 17, 2019
339 posts
577 upvotes
reptile wrote: Exactly. And if you have an active subscription to Game Pass Ultimate, it’s probably better to let it run out, then buy Gold and convert to GPU, assuming this conversion system is still valid...
I can't imagine the conversion system still being the same once you do it. Although I'm not sure if there's anybody on here who could answer that question.
Either way it's risky, I took the plunge and bought an extra year @ half off.
Apr 28, 2012
78 posts
20 upvotes
NEPEAN
SelfHighFive wrote: When activating the code online for Game Pass Ultimate through the Microsoft website (not on the xbox directly), does it give you the bonus month for recurring billing like the XBOX Live Gold code activations?

It didn't for any of the 3 months I bought from the various retailers...
:(
Mar 13, 2016
76 posts
94 upvotes
GTA
Ringzz wrote: I can't imagine the conversion system still being the same once you do it. Although I'm not sure if there's anybody on here who could answer that question.
Either way it's risky, I took the plunge and bought an extra year @ half off.
I can confirm that this is still valid....for now.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1448 upvotes
Sarnia
My Game Pass Ultimate I believe runs out in August of 2020 and I am still confused what to do. When people caught onto this deal I only did it for a short time as that was all I could do at the time. So how is it that it converts to Game Pass Ultimate? I don't get it. You buy Xbox Live and what? Since I already did it before can I even take advantage of this still? Also now I got a new console, the Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 Edition, and have to transfer all I can to that and man ... I got a headache from all this.
Last edited by LetsMakeADeal2013 on Jun 9th, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2010
1095 posts
322 upvotes
gves02 wrote: I have my game pass until 2023, I’m assuming the 3 year period is the max?
Yes I tried to add something beyond that and it gave me a warning saying I wasn’t able to. Went back after three months later and added the code and it worked fine. So it seems to stop letting you add codes at the 36 month point.
Nov 5, 2011
260 posts
273 upvotes
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: My Game Pass Ultimate I believe runs out in August of 2020 and I am still confused what to do. When people caught onto this deal I only did it for a short time as that was all I could do at the time. So how is it that it converts to Game Pass Ultimate? I don't get it. You buy Xbox Live and what? Since I already did it before can I even take advantage of this still? Also now I got a new console, the Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 Edition, and have to transfer all I can to that and man ... I got a headache from all this.
If you are not subscribed to GPU, you buy Xbox Live Gold for up to 36 months (usually need to buy less than 36 months as you can get bonus months for each code you enter with automatic renewal on), and then subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate (for a month or whatever the current promo is). This will convert all your Live Gold months to GPU months. This works for new GPU customers, not sure if it does for people who already had GPU in the past.

If I were you, I would let the GPU subscription run out in August, and then check if this conversion system still works.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Is this region locked so only redeemable by Canadians? Or can US ppl use it too? How about worldwide?

Or need a workaround? (how?)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)