Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] $30 OFF NOMAD Wireless Charging Station for Apple Watch, iPhone, AirPods on Sale for $99 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2019 10:41 am
Oct 26, 2012
545 posts
722 upvotes
GurungBoi wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 4:34 pm
geez, self sales promoting going on eh, 2 accounts posting 2 similar threads =/
Or it's just product that has become more popular recently. The apple world have been eating up the Nomads after the Airpower was canceled
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3331 posts
583 upvotes
Calgary
Grabbed one and my co-worker was able to snag the very last one.
Jul 4, 2005
749 posts
66 upvotes
Why pick this over any simple wireless charger for $20?

Legit question, not trying to shit on OP.
Aug 11, 2018
112 posts
36 upvotes
Bought this and returned it after a few days.

First night my phone stopped charging at %80 due to over heating, I was charging my watch and airpods also but they were at %100.

Because I had the airpods on charge, I was forced to place the phone vertically which definately is troublesome — if you are going to use this for just a watch and phone only, placing the phone horizontally is much easier to land it on the sweet spot.

Went back to a stand up wireless charger. Dealing with finding a sweet spot completely wrecks the convenience of a wireless charger.
$75/15GB + 10GB/$15
$35/5GB
Thank you El Tabador
Aug 11, 2018
112 posts
36 upvotes
Midevilshadow wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 12:54 am

Multiple devices on one pad, all with 7.5w "fast" charging. Also helps fill the void of airpower
$75/15GB + 10GB/$15
$35/5GB
Thank you El Tabador
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4899 posts
1811 upvotes
JeffryM3810 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 2:00 am
Bought this and returned it after a few days.

First night my phone stopped charging at %80 due to over heating, I was charging my watch and airpods also but they were at %100.

Because I had the airpods on charge, I was forced to place the phone vertically which definately is troublesome — if you are going to use this for just a watch and phone only, placing the phone horizontally is much easier to land it on the sweet spot.

Went back to a stand up wireless charger. Dealing with finding a sweet spot completely wrecks the convenience of a wireless charger.
Yeah, friend had the same problem, returned and purchased this and it works fine, except the Airpods charger is wired
Sep 2, 2017
247 posts
246 upvotes
Edmonton
Midevilshadow wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 12:54 am

This charger and the wireless chargers for $20 that are on Amazon and where ever else aren't even comparable.

For one this charger has a built in Apple Watch charger and the wireless charger pad itself has 3 coils built in. Of course if you're only charging your one phone that the $20 chargers will more than suffice.

If you also check the nomad site, they've given it some killer reviews.

I picked this up because I have an Apple Watch and an iPhone XS and later on in the future I'll be picking up the new Air Pods with the wireless charging. Which then I'll be able to charge all 3 devices on.
Aug 11, 2018
112 posts
36 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 9:45 am
Yeah, friend had the same problem, returned and purchased this and it works fine, except the Airpods charger is wired
I went with this:

Belkin BOOST↑UP Wireless Charging Dock for iPhone + Apple Watch

https://store.apple.com/ca/xc/product/HML52ZM/A

Pricey but the quality of product is insane, the whole base is this thick solid rubber that forces the phone into the right spot everytime, and the rubber also holds the Apple watch perfectly so you can push the bottons on it while docked. As for the airpods it comes with a USB slot for a lightning cable, sucks because can't utilize the wireless charging case, but having a cable at bedside is nice, just had to recharge my Apple TV remote
$75/15GB + 10GB/$15
$35/5GB
Thank you El Tabador
Nov 11, 2011
468 posts
80 upvotes
Calgary
paradoll wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 10:58 am
Oos again?
Yes, also out of stock around Calgary if it was ever in stock in-store.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4899 posts
1811 upvotes
JeffryM3810 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 10:58 am
I went with this:

Belkin BOOST↑UP Wireless Charging Dock for iPhone + Apple Watch

https://store.apple.com/ca/xc/product/HML52ZM/A

Pricey but the quality of product is insane, the whole base is this thick solid rubber that forces the phone into the right spot everytime, and the rubber also holds the Apple watch perfectly so you can push the bottons on it while docked. As for the airpods it comes with a USB slot for a lightning cable, sucks because can't utilize the wireless charging case, but having a cable at bedside is nice, just had to recharge my Apple TV remote
So is the price Face Screaming In Fear
Aug 11, 2018
112 posts
36 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 11:31 am
So is the price Face Screaming In Fear
Oh yea.. there is a slightly cheaper non "special edition" version, but not available yet in Canada..

Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Dock for iPhone + Apple Watch + USB-A Port (Wireless Charger for iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, 8/8 Plus, Apple Watch 4, 3, 2, 1) - White https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07M6SKV1Z/ref ... QCbCM53J09
$75/15GB + 10GB/$15
$35/5GB
Thank you El Tabador