Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] $30 OFF NOMAD Wireless Charging Station for Apple Watch, iPhone, AirPods on Sale for $99 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2019 10:41 am
Nov 21, 2010
365 posts
189 upvotes
Surrey
Saw it back in stock, tried to use eBates this morning, and it was sold out before I got back... Figured I'd check back regularly today to see if any stock trickle back in, and now I get 404. Looks like BestBuy is getting rid of this SKU altogether. I wonder if Nomad is releasing a new product soon?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3331 posts
582 upvotes
Calgary
I received mine. I am not sure if even at $99 it is worth it, Apple Watch charges fine but it is difficult to find the charging coil. It works great if the phone is sitting horizontally but if vertically, I would need to move my iPhone Xs Max and Xr so so many times before I can find the right spot before it can charge. I can easily get pissed off at that. Still thinking if I should keep this one.
Jul 23, 2013
79 posts
292 upvotes
Hamilton
I received mine and the thing fried on me. The right side (the coils) made a sizzling sound and light smoke came out of the back ports. Needless to say, this is going back to BestBuy. Kind of disappointed in this! The coils are difficult to find too when placing your device portrait (like the images on the box) but, does work fine when placed across the mat
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3331 posts
582 upvotes
Calgary
SimonQ wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 9:07 am
I received mine and the thing fried on me. The right side (the coils) made a sizzling sound and light smoke came out of the back ports. Needless to say, this is going back to BestBuy. Kind of disappointed in this! The coils are difficult to find too when placing your device portrait (like the images on the box) but, does work fine when placed across the mat
What the hell, that is crazy. That makes me scared now lol
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2996 posts
360 upvotes
Any suggestions for a good cheap mat to charge two Qi phones at the same time? Don't have an Apple Watch.
Nov 30, 2013
153 posts
127 upvotes
Hamilton
Just lol at paying 100 for a wireless charger and calling it a deal 🤣