Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] 3rd Gen IPad Pro 11"/12.9", Folio case and screen protector again!

Feb 14, 2020
36 posts
34 upvotes
Caved in and got a 1TB Wifi+LTE version. The price of this vs wifi model is the same. $1329.99+ Tax Total in $1502.88
Plus 1% Rakuten Cashback roughly $15. Let's hope I make use of this for years

Thanks, OP for sharing it.,

Quick Comparison of Ipad Pro 4th Gen VS 3rd Gen Here's what I would miss.

CPU/ CHIP
A12Z Bionic chip with 64-bit desktop-class architecture VS A12X Bionic chip with 64-bit desktop-class architecture - Incremental upgrade

Camera
12MP Wide and 10MP Ultra Wide cameras VS 12MP Wide camera
Ultra Wide: ƒ/2.4 aperture VS No secondary Camera in the Back

Video Recording
4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps (Wide); 60 fps (Ultra Wide) VS 4K video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps

Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps or 240 fps (Wide); 240 fps (Ultra Wide VS Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 240 fps

Front Camera, Audo & FaceID
Absolutely no difference whatsoever

Sensors
LiDar Scanner vs No LiDar

If I have to use this to record videos, AR Capabilities, I would be at a loss. given I am not going to do any of that and Ipads last like tanks ( My Ipad mini 2nd Gen Died last month and that too only the display )

If I were to buy the Latest 4th Gen IpadPro 1tb Wifi Model on Apple Education store with Regular Airpods & Charging case - It would cost $2055.47
Wifi+Cellurar Model on Edu store is - $2281.47

Yes, I am not getting an AirPods with the BB deal, but I guess the screen guard & Case makes up for it.

Now i can spends the savings on Additional Warranty & an Apple Pencil :P
Oct 27, 2015
55 posts
114 upvotes
Keep in mind that returning the folio case and screen protector is very YMMV.

Some people were able to successfully return it and others were denied because it is part of a bundle.
Sep 10, 2009
521 posts
359 upvotes
How's the 3rd gen vs the 2020 version? I'm specifically looking into video editing on it and I assume the 2020 version will be better for that. Will the 3rd gen version also get the new ipad is versions? I haven't been keeping up with it
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6872 posts
2417 upvotes
Picked this up but bought the 4th gen instead. Go big or go home.
Dec 15, 2012
653 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
iPad isn’t in the categories of Rakuten FYI I tried and they’re like only accessories
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14979 posts
6359 upvotes
Ottawa
Feels Good Man wrote: How's the 3rd gen vs the 2020 version? I'm specifically looking into video editing on it and I assume the 2020 version will be better for that. Will the 3rd gen version also get the new ipad is versions? I haven't been keeping up with it
If you are doing video, getting the 1TB version is the way to go. 2020 version isn't much faster (about same CPU and a smidgen faster GPU).

1TB versions of 2018 have 6GB RAM like the 2020, so it's going to feel identical in most respects.
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Sep 10, 2009
521 posts
359 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: If you are doing video, getting the 1TB version is the way to go. 2020 version isn't much faster (about same CPU and a smidgen faster GPU).

1TB versions of 2018 have 6GB RAM like the 2020, so it's going to feel identical in most respects.
Oh huh, I didn't even know the 1TB has 6GB of RAM. I might end up getting that then
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4830 posts
6868 upvotes
Vancouver
How about PRICE IN THE TITLE, please.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
But never let them stop you!
Feb 14, 2020
36 posts
34 upvotes
misterlamed wrote: iPad isn’t in the categories of Rakuten FYI I tried and they’re like only accessories
oH!, Thank you if it comes it's fine, if not then it's alright
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2018 posts
4407 upvotes
Markham
I bought the 12.9” iPad Pro 1TB LTE last time around and got back a little over $80 from returning the screen protector and case. It was $1420 all in (Ontario) once you return the accessories. Rakuten does NOT qualify, it’s clearly stated on Rakuten’s site (only iPad and tablet accessories, not iPads and tablets themselves are eligible).

It’s substantially cheaper than $2281 all in (Ontario) for the same storage and LTE config on 2020 iPad Pro. Yes, you get EarPods, but they’re the cheapest ones ($219+ Tax list price) so you’re not getting $300 for them, you’ll maybe get $200 on Kijiji if lucky, although you also get a further discount on AppleCare if you buy it with the iPad Pro, so that’s another $30 savings if you get it.

tl;dr: BestBuy is at least $600 cheaper than Apple’s offer, even if you include edu discount, EarPods* AND AppleCare discount. $500 cheaper if you can’t return case and screen protector. Only you can decide if the Lidar camera, WiFi 6 and slight GPU bump is worth it.

*Earpods only worth $200 even if you want it, because anyone who buys the BestBuy iPad Pros can just get them brand new and cheap off Kijiji too, since many are selling them.
Aug 21, 2011
277 posts
35 upvotes
baigmomin wrote: FYI I was able to return the 12.9” case and screen protector for a refund of $87.50 towards the end of the return window without any issue the last time this deal was available in July
I had a very negative experience in Edmonton when I tried to do this, I tried North, South and West side stores and the west side stores were big enough jerks to ask for the discount back. eg $800 to pay full price because it's package deal.

But at least it worked for you
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2018 posts
4407 upvotes
Markham
thecdbob wrote: I had a very negative experience in Edmonton when I tried to do this, I tried North, South and West side stores and the west side stores were big enough jerks to ask for the discount back. eg $800 to pay full price because it's package deal.

But at least it worked for you
I didn’t do it in stores. I called BestBuy customer service. A lot easier to HUCA (although I didn’t even need to do that, worked the first try) than to waste time and gas driving to stores (and risking COVID).
Jun 16, 2019
28 posts
36 upvotes
missed the last one. Just place an order for 11' with 1TB LTE. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2379 posts
1474 upvotes
dealyou wrote: Where’s that comment??
“Price in title please”
🤣

Thanks OP bought one.
max011 wrote: How about PRICE IN THE TITLE, please.
Right here. Don't understand people like this. Like OP wasted 2 seconds of your life or something? lol
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1300 posts
269 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: If you are doing video, getting the 1TB version is the way to go. 2020 version isn't much faster (about same CPU and a smidgen faster GPU).

6GB RAM even the non LTE?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14979 posts
6359 upvotes
Ottawa
parapudaw wrote: 6GB RAM even the non LTE?
yes
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
2404 posts
1092 upvotes
is there a way to return case and screen protector and reduce the price?
Jan 28, 2015
233 posts
755 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP, bought the 1 TB LTE model.

Even if you don't need so much storage, the maxed out model always looks good on paper meaning easy resale on kijiji. If you catch the market at a good time when there's no regular sales going on (e.g. April-June, before Apple back to school sale), and add the extended Applecare+, there's a good chance you can recover everything you paid.
Aug 13, 2020
238 posts
742 upvotes
Pretty interested.. would love some people’s opinion in here. I have been looking for just a base regular iPad as I’m not really looking to do anything too excessive with it. This would be $429+ tax. I was also considering a refurb air @ $589. The $799 11 inch pro is the one I’d be interested in.

What are your guys thoughts on the upgrade between the $429 and pro? Worth an extra $300? Does the Best Buy one come with the full year apple warranty?