Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] 3rd Gen IPad Pro 11"/12.9", Folio case and screen protector again!

Jan 28, 2010
297 posts
40 upvotes
Montreal
ShingoHusky wrote: You don’t need a university e-mail. I just ordered one and I finished school about 15 years ago.
Then what are the terms to get student discount, if you are not the one (or don't have kids, neither work in education sector)?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35089 posts
21062 upvotes
Center of Universe
CanadaDealSeeker wrote: Then what are the terms to get student discount, if you are not the one (or don't have kids, neither work in education sector)?
PROMOTION RESTRICTIONS: This offer is valid only during the Promotion Period, while
supplies last. Apple may end this offer at any time, for any reason. Eligible Products, Promotion
Products and Promotion Product colours are subject to availability. Apple reserves the right to
substitute one Promotion Product colour for another of the same model. For Eligible Mac
purchases, only one (1) Promotion Product per Qualified Purchaser may be obtained during this
promotion. For Eligible iPad purchases, only one (1) Promotion Product per Qualified Purchaser
may be obtained during this promotion. You must demonstrate that you meet the Qualified
Purchaser requirements above prior to your purchase. Resellers, public entities, government
entities, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, enterprise purchasers and business
purchasers do not qualify, and Apple reserves the right to cancel purchases made by such
purchasers. If Apple determines that you participated in this promotion but were not a Qualified
Purchaser, Apple will charge the amount of the Promotion Savings received.
Jan 28, 2010
297 posts
40 upvotes
Montreal
exactly my point.
vkizzle wrote: You must demonstrate that you meet the Qualified Purchaser requirements above prior to your purchase.
Jan 28, 2010
297 posts
40 upvotes
Montreal
vkizzle wrote: Apple isn't verifying online purchases, so your point is moot.
well, might not be verifying right away, but can do in future.

Audit Rights
Apple routinely audits the purchases of customers at the Apple Store for Education to ensure that all purchase conditions have been observed. Should we discover that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:

If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order; and
If you paid by a means other than credit card, to (a) invoice you for the difference between the amount that you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, payable in fifteen days from the date of the invoice, and (b), should you fail to pay the invoice when due, institute legal action against you in a court of competent jurisdiction, with the prevailing party entitled to attorneys' fees.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35089 posts
21062 upvotes
Center of Universe
CanadaDealSeeker wrote: well, might not be verifying right away, but can do in future.

Audit Rights
Apple routinely audits the purchases of customers at the Apple Store for Education to ensure that all purchase conditions have been observed. Should we discover that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:

If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order; and
If you paid by a means other than credit card, to (a) invoice you for the difference between the amount that you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, payable in fifteen days from the date of the invoice, and (b), should you fail to pay the invoice when due, institute legal action against you in a court of competent jurisdiction, with the prevailing party entitled to attorneys' fees.
Apple student discount has been running for over a decade and there's no peep on the interwebs about anyone getting audited.
Aug 8, 2019
33 posts
48 upvotes
Also another fyi:

You can purchase either guildford or metrotown giftcard where if you buy $250, they give you bonus $25.
Now you can use these giftcards to buy Apple giftcards at the store in the mall.
Then you can go apple education online store and use these giftcards.
Since you purchase it through the education store, you will get free airpod, which you may sell anywhere between $160-180.

For example, the 256GB 12.9 Wifi version comes out to $1159.88 (12% tax) after subtracting $125 bonus giftcard (due to purchase 5 x $250 gcs) and $170 (rough price of selling airpods).

Unless you absolutely NEED the 1TB storage and cellular, I think most individuals can live with 256GB storage.
The benefit of the new 2020 ipad pro is another developer-accessible 2GB additional ram + A12Z chip + LIDAR + Wifi6
Feb 1, 2006
376 posts
67 upvotes
Has anyone managed to price match the Apple education promo at Best Buy or Staples to get them to include the air pods?
Sep 10, 2009
468 posts
265 upvotes
Looked up that 6GB of ram not being usable thing on the 2018 model and it makes no sense to me especially since people are speculating it helps with the storage. Hopefully Apple unlocks it in iOS14 and it's kinda making me reconsider just getting the 2020 model now :/
Aug 19, 2011
106 posts
14 upvotes
VANCOUVER
When it comes most return for money and easiest to sell, what is the most favourable selection for the AirPods?
1) +$0 for airpods
2) +$50 for airpods + wireless case
3) +$110 for airpods pro?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35089 posts
21062 upvotes
Center of Universe
mfmfmf wrote: When it comes most return for money and easiest to sell, what is the most favourable selection for the AirPods?
1) +$0 for airpods
2) +$50 for airpods + wireless case
3) +$110 for airpods pro?
I sold the pros to a co-worker for $280
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1374 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga
Returning mine 1 TB 11" Spacegray with LTE. If someone wants please PM. I paid $1300, will get full refund and expect same amount. The folio and screen protectors are still sealed, and Ipad is 100% mint condition, no scratch.
Mar 15, 2011
452 posts
309 upvotes
Also returning 11" iPad pro 1tb LTE and wifi.
If anybody wants it in GVR, DM me
Used for a few minutes. No scratches.
Case and screen protector still new in package.
Feb 14, 2020
34 posts
18 upvotes
Returning my 1TB 12.9 LTE Model as well - let me know if anyone needs it. the Ram limitation in Procreate is a Bummer given I did buy it just for that app.
Jul 16, 2016
109 posts
45 upvotes
puzokumar wrote: Returning my 1TB 12.9 LTE Model as well - let me know if anyone needs it. the Ram limitation in Procreate is a Bummer given I did buy it just for that app.
I also returned the 1TB 12.9 LTE yesterday for the same reason. I ended up order the 2020 12.9 256 GB without LTE on the education discount.
losing the LTE is a bummer but I dont think it's worth the $200 extra spend at the moment.

The LTE and 1TB are a nice to have but I probably wouldn't leverage it.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1227 posts
663 upvotes
Ajax
Also returning my 1TB LTE silver 12.9". DM me if anyone is interested. Otherwise it's going back on Friday.
Feb 3, 2017
13 posts
SoundlessWalker wrote: Thanks OP!

Bought an 11" 1TB with LTE, returned my case and screen protector for $54.22 without any issues.
You were able to return the case/screen protector in-store?
Jun 21, 2016
238 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto/Barcelona
khangnghi wrote: Oh wow that's great, I did not know that. I'll probably do the same once I receive mine. Cheers!!
Mhmm, cheers!