Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] 3rd Gen IPad Pro 11"/12.9", Folio case and screen protector again!

Feb 14, 2020
34 posts
18 upvotes
khangnghi wrote: You were able to return the case/screen protector in-store?
If you speak to the customer service - They suggest you return in-store if you have already applied the screen protector to the iPad.

if you wish to send it by mail - you have to remove the screen protector yourself, put it back in the packaging it arrived and return it. All self returns done by mail need original packaging else your return will be rejected/ need further follow up.

Also, ensure you reset your Ipad and remove the activation lock before returning, the Geeksquad does a check for this.
Feb 3, 2017
13 posts
puzokumar wrote: If you speak to the customer service - They suggest you return in-store if you have already applied the screen protector to the iPad.

if you wish to send it by mail - you have to remove the screen protector yourself, put it back in the packaging it arrived and return it. All self returns done by mail need original packaging else your return will be rejected/ need further follow up.

Also, ensure you reset your Ipad and remove the activation lock before returning, the Geeksquad does a check for this.
O
Thank you for this for the detailed explanation. I am still waiting to receive my iPad, should be coming in by the end of this week. Once I receive it I'll just go straight to BestBuy to return it. Cheers!!
Feb 2, 2011
324 posts
139 upvotes
New Westminster
Well thanks Op! keeping 12.9 thanks to Cadillac Fairview snagged $800 gift cards with 150 bonus. That is sufficient cover the Magic Keyboard, Pencil and Apple care+. Hopefully it last 4 yrs to 5 years..
Dec 21, 2017
262 posts
39 upvotes
Scarborough
If anyone RETURNING pro 11 64 or 256 hit me up, i wanna take it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1369 posts
1058 upvotes
Surrey
tallshorty wrote: why are so many returning theirs?
Second this. Why jump on the deal if you’re not interested in keeping it in the first place and potentially denying those actually wanting them the chance to get them? It’s a great deal, especially for the 12.9” LTE models.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35258 posts
21240 upvotes
Center of Universe
tallshorty wrote: why are so many returning theirs?
henrik112 wrote: Second this. Why jump on the deal if you’re not interested in keeping it in the first place and potentially denying those actually wanting them the chance to get them? It’s a great deal, especially for the 12.9” LTE models.
Non-useable 2GB ram...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1369 posts
1058 upvotes
Surrey
vkizzle wrote: Non-useable 2GB ram...
I wouldn’t say non useable. If you’re actually using more storage, the ram is helping keep it up to speed.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1369 posts
1058 upvotes
Surrey
tallshorty wrote: I ended up ordering the open box ipad Pro 11in 2020 wifi version 256GB for $1069. I don't need LTE. This is only $69 more than the 1st gen version.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ap ... x/14597495

Does anyone else think that is better than getting the 11in (1st gen) 256GB for $999?
Not a big difference tbh. That’s why the 2020 iPad is a disappointing “upgrade” for many.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35258 posts
21240 upvotes
Center of Universe
henrik112 wrote: I wouldn’t say non useable. If you’re actually using more storage, the ram is helping keep it up to speed.
I don't have personal experience with the Pro, just pointing out some of the reasons on why we're seeing buyer's remorse in this thread.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14794 posts
6036 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote: I don't have personal experience with the Pro, just pointing out some of the reasons on why we're seeing buyer's remorse in this thread.
Probably some case of......people got too caught up in nabbing the deal, and didn't think carefully "why do I need 1TB and LTE"?

I almost fell into that trap. Especially since I was buying the 12.9 inch which is practically a laptop replacement. Not once did I ever think "I wish my laptop had LTE". Most of the time my 12.9 stays at home anyway, and I'm not going to sign up for an LTE plan.

IMO Most people should just buy the 2020 (that's what I did) and get the free Airpods. That has immediate value (either sell them or use them)
RFD is not just for cheapskates. Those who want their expensive toys don't want to pay full price either.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1369 posts
1058 upvotes
Surrey
warpdrive wrote: Probably some case of......people got too caught up in nabbing the deal, and didn't think carefully "why do I need 1TB and LTE"?

I almost fell into that trap. Especially since I was buying the 12.9 inch which is practically a laptop replacement. Not once did I ever think "I wish my laptop had LTE". Most of the time my 12.9 stays at home anyway, and I'm not going to sign up for an LTE plan.

IMO Most people should just buy the 2020 (that's what I did) and get the free Airpods. That has immediate value (either sell them or use them)
For those that don’t need/want the storage, I guess that makes sense.
Nov 15, 2003
85 posts
54 upvotes
Terrace
warpdrive wrote: Probably some case of......people got too caught up in nabbing the deal, and didn't think carefully "why do I need 1TB and LTE"?

Thanks. I didn't realize there is the free airpod. Canceled my Bestbuy order and got the iPad 11" 256GB (2nd gen) from Apple directly and airpod pro. The iPad was cheaper than the 1st Gen open box with education discount!
Aug 21, 2011
277 posts
35 upvotes
What cases did you guys go with? I’m still on the case this thing came with when I got this the last time this deal was around.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1955 posts
4196 upvotes
Markham
thecdbob wrote: What cases did you guys go with? I’m still on the case this thing came with when I got this the last time this deal was around.
Naked. Not going to waste the aluminum design with a cheap plastic case.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2105 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto

Most people probably should buy the entry level iPad for $400 (when it's on sale) or the new rumoured iPad Air next month. Especially if you're really just using it for emails, surfing and FaceTime with family. Spending $1000+ on a 'professional' level tablet is fine if you're truly using it's power and capabilities.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35258 posts
21240 upvotes
Center of Universe
blindemboss wrote: Most people probably should buy the entry level iPad for $400 (when it's on sale) or the new rumoured iPad Air next month. Especially if you're really just using it for emails, surfing and FaceTime with family. Spending $1000+ on a 'professional' level tablet is fine if you're truly using it's power and capabilities.
Most people should just buy a $10K base model vehicle with no features and a top speed of 100km/h...