Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy (3rd party)] Refurbished Microsoft HM3-00001 Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller (warmish?) -- $78.65

[OP]
Oct 11, 2006
49 posts
26 upvotes

Refurbished Microsoft HM3-00001 Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller (warmish?) -- $78.65

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Best Buy (3rd party)
I know this is for a refurb from a 3rd party seller so it is risky but seller has decent rating and free shipping.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1372 posts
1496 upvotes
kingsford wrote: I know this is for a refurb from a 3rd party seller so it is risky but seller has decent rating and free shipping.
The problem with these 3rd party seller is whether they ship you something that works.
The product was purchased as a gift for my son's birthday By the time we tried it and noticed that there was an issue with the power button it had completely stopped working. We were outside of the 90 days by 5 days when I finally got the chance to contact them. We had been dealing with some family issues as well as housing a friends family who's house was destroyed by fire over the weekend so I was unable to get to messaging before that. I just want it fixed.

by Amanda
from Kitchener, ON on December 3, 2019
It is okay if they don't ship anything, you get your money back, but it is a huge problem if they lie about the condition of the controller. What if one of the buttons stop working in a few days? You are gonna be in a world of pain trying to return or have it replaced.

It is not worth it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
Knowing nothing about the Elite controller, is a used one really worth twice the price of a new "regular" one?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1372 posts
1496 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Knowing nothing about the Elite controller, is a used one really worth twice the price of a new "regular" one?
They are the best handheld controller at this price. Whether it is worth it depends on how picky you are with controllers.
[OP]
Oct 11, 2006
49 posts
26 upvotes
Yep, it's a risk like I mentioned. I know risk is not for everyone. On the flip side you could get a like new condition unit as mentioned in the product's review section.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
Cucumference wrote: They are the best handheld controller at this price. Whether it is worth it depends on how picky you are with controllers.
5 seconds of Googling gets me a "bowl" instead of a dpad.
Is a bowl really that much better?
Nov 21, 2019
36 posts
21 upvotes
considering the elite controller 2 is out, this one isnt worth the price. especially if its a refurb
[OP]
Oct 11, 2006
49 posts
26 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: 5 seconds of Googling gets me a "bowl" instead of a dpad.
I don't really care about that. It's the paddles that I'm interested in.
[OP]
Oct 11, 2006
49 posts
26 upvotes
3zKing wrote: considering the elite controller 2 is out, this one isnt worth the price. especially if its a refurb
Not everyone has $250 to spend on a controller.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1372 posts
1496 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: 5 seconds of Googling gets me a "bowl" instead of a dpad.
One of the biggest points of this controller is that it is very customizable. Google it for a little more than 5 seconds will explain what you can change. You can change the Dpad from the "bowl" to tranditional Plus sign.
Nov 21, 2019
36 posts
21 upvotes
your right, but at that point your probably not even looking or thinking of buying a elite controller, let alone a refurb that can break in a month.
Temp. Banned
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
$250 controller ... I would drink my own urine before spending money like that on a controller

As for $78 even spending that much makes me sick. I would say though if you could have gotten that deal at EB Games then it would be a different story about getting it for whoever wanted it.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1932 posts
4162 upvotes
Markham
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: $250 controller ... I would drink my own urine before spending money like that on a controller

As for $78 even spending that much makes me sick. I would say though if you could have gotten that deal at EB Games then it would be a different story about getting it for whoever wanted it.
I would pay a lot more than $250 to not drink my own piss, let alone get a controller as well, but hey you do you. No one’s judging if you like piss.
Oct 1, 2006
625 posts
85 upvotes
Ottawa & Brampto…
death_hawk wrote: Knowing nothing about the Elite controller, is a used one really worth twice the price of a new "regular" one?
Yes
"And if you don't know, now you know"