• Jul 29th, 2020 11:10 am
[OP]
Jan 1, 2019
113 posts
333 upvotes

[Best Buy] $50 Razer DeathAdder Elite 16000 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse

Deal Link:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ra ... 1/10529015

Solid deal for this mouse. I returned my $100 wireless Mamba (which has the same shape) for this because:
1. Mamba required synapse 3 which Razer stopped developing for OSX
2. The scroll wheel is wayyy quieter than the Mamba, it was really clacky and my friends could hear it over mic.
14 replies
Jul 30, 2019
116 posts
84 upvotes
Vancouver
Awesome, I’ve been waiting for the deathadder to go on sale for the WFH station. Have one at work and it’s super comfortable with all the right buttons.
Apr 10, 2018
62 posts
93 upvotes
If you can pay a little extra I highly recommend the Deathadder v2. The Elite still has mechanical switches and are known for the double clicking issue. The v2 has optical switches which are much more reliable, have a better cable, much better feet and is also a lot lighter. Worth it for 30 dollars extra on amazon tbh, especially if you’re actually using it to game.
Aug 16, 2010
507 posts
356 upvotes
Sudbury
ronathon wrote: If you can pay a little extra I highly recommend the Deathadder v2. The Elite still has mechanical switches and are known for the double clicking issue. The v2 has optical switches which are much more reliable, have a better cable, much better feet and is also a lot lighter. Worth it for 30 dollars extra on amazon tbh, especially if you’re actually using it to game.
That being said for $50 this mouse blows everything else at that price range out of the water. It's a solid buy at that price.
Sep 9, 2014
909 posts
1081 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ronathon wrote: If you can pay a little extra I highly recommend the Deathadder v2. The Elite still has mechanical switches and are known for the double clicking issue. The v2 has optical switches which are much more reliable, have a better cable, much better feet and is also a lot lighter. Worth it for 30 dollars extra on amazon tbh, especially if you’re actually using it to game.
Looks below my mouse.... Razer DeathAdder 2013... Double-clicking since 2018.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mar 14, 2018
37 posts
25 upvotes
My 2017 deathadder v1 does not double click, but the middle button requires extra extra effort to register.
Jun 22, 2020
7 posts
Calgary
i had a deathadder v1 for 7-8 years, it was great.
bought a viper recently, and it's so much lighter, if you have bigger hands go with deathadder, if you have smaller hands/prefer lighter mouse, go with viper
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2302 posts
2497 upvotes
nope pos. never getting this mouse again.
Dec 4, 2009
80 posts
36 upvotes
Woodstock
karnige wrote: nope pos. never getting this mouse again.
Appreciate the comment. Would you mind justifying your position? Thanks
Dec 5, 2013
57 posts
24 upvotes
kerokd wrote: My 2017 deathadder v1 does not double click, but the middle button requires extra extra effort to register.
I had the same problem! I fixed it by buying soldering a new switch for the middle button. But new problem is that my middle button is like so heavy to press due to the jury rigged switch that was meant for arcades.
Nov 4, 2018
54 posts
52 upvotes
alkester wrote: Appreciate the comment. Would you mind justifying your position? Thanks
Didnt help his KDR so he blamed his mouse Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15078 posts
1483 upvotes
Markham
My SteelSeries sensei has been double clicking... Maybe it's time for a change...
ShadowVlican
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2991 upvotes
great mouse. V1 requires software and internet connection to store/download the dpi otherwise you cant change from default. V2 stores the dpi in the mouse. But V2 is like $89.
Dec 23, 2010
333 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
This mouse crapped out on me after a few years due to the infamous double-clicking issue. I'm not impressed with Razer products overall. Logitech G-Series products have worked well for me so far.
Feb 21, 2003
771 posts
201 upvotes
This mouse was $40 for quite a few weeks late last year and earlier this year. I bought this a couple days ago: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B086X9DS7C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There aren't many reviews, but to mean it was worth the risk. Newer 3389 sensor & it was $47 all in (they didn't charge tax)