Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 20, 2019
794 posts
1608 upvotes
Ottawa

[Best Buy] $60 off when you preorder the Galaxy Watch 4

Instant 60$ off when pre-ordering a Galaxy Watch 4. No code required.

Promo received by email. Applicable to all Watch 4 variants.

Not sure if I'll jump on this. Ive been waiting for a good WearOS watch to be released but I'll have to watch some reviews first :)

Edit: This might be a better deal (100$ trade-in instant offer + free wireless charger): samsung-100-trade-credit-when-trading-s ... 4-2482617/

Edit2: People who opt to order the watch from BB can still benefit from a trade-in offer.

Get a credit of $100 plus a credit for the trade in value of your eligible smartwatch when you buy Galaxy Watch4 Series

1. Complete Purchase of the Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic or Samsung Galaxy Watch4 at a participating authorized Canadian carrier or retailer by October 4, 2021.

2. Begin Online Process: Go to galaxyupgrade.ca to begin the trade-in process for your old smartwatch / fitness band.

3. Complete Online Form with all of the required information including proof of purchase of the Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic or Samsung Galaxy Watch4 by October 4, 2021. If your old smartwatch / fitness band meets the trade-in requirements, you will be sent a pre-paid waybill by email.

4.Receive your credit. If you pre-ordered between Aug 11 – Aug 26, 2021, ship your old eligible trade-in product to the address on the waybill by Sept 10, 2021. If you purchase between Aug 27 – Oct 4, 2021, ship your old eligible trade-in product within 14 calendar days of receiving your waybill.

.pdf]Terms and Conditions
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by aouniat on Aug 15th, 2021 1:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
60 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1426 posts
1158 upvotes
Gatineau
Your link doesn't work, wearOS is not Samsung's software, and you failed to mention which Galaxy awatch model this is for. :)

EDIT: My mistake, seems like Samsung is using wear OS for these. That's a shame, I find their OS is much better
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8913 posts
10037 upvotes
Toronto
How's the real world battery life? I have the original Samsung Watch and I get just over a day. Half the time I forget to charge the watch.
Jul 1, 2020
14 posts
27 upvotes
There's a $100 trade-in bonus if you have an old smartwatch to trade in via Samsung's own website, plus you get a Wireless Charging Duo pad.

Just sharing this in case anyone else finds it a better deal.
Mar 28, 2009
657 posts
279 upvotes
Ottawa
This watch is much cheaper than I expected and this looks like a good deal but like many RFDers I recently got a Ticwatch e3... I was originally holding out for the Samsung watch, didn't know it was coming this soon.
Dec 17, 2013
453 posts
799 upvotes
British Columbia
hmmm i have the active 2 that i still use and love daily, not sure if there's enough of an upgrade that makes this worthwhile for me. I get just over a day of use, so if WearOS promises longer than that that would be amazing.
Mar 20, 2013
94 posts
43 upvotes
Surrey
LucasL33883 wrote: There's a $100 trade-in bonus if you have an old smartwatch to trade in via Samsung's own website, plus you get a Wireless Charging Duo pad.

Just sharing this in case anyone else finds it a better deal.
I wonder which watches we can trade in... I noticed it asks for a serial/IMEI number for the trade- in watch.
Mar 20, 2013
94 posts
43 upvotes
Surrey
Heythumb88 wrote: Your link doesn't work, wearOS is not Samsung's software, and you failed to mention which Galaxy awatch model this is for. :)

EDIT: My mistake, seems like Samsung is using wear OS for these. That's a shame, I find their OS is much better
To counter, I've avoided the Galaxy Watches because of Tizen and have been waiting for this Samsung Watch release because of the move to Wear OS. Waiting for early reviews and am almost certain this will be my first Galaxy Watch.
May 30, 2021
326 posts
399 upvotes
dealdeal99 wrote: I wonder which watches we can trade in... I noticed it asks for a serial/IMEI number for the trade- in watch.
you can type in random numbers for the serial/IMEI, it will try to find it but then give you the option to enter details manually. Theres an option for universal fitness tracker

My S3 Apple watch got the $100 instant credit + $64 cashback
Mar 20, 2013
94 posts
43 upvotes
Surrey
xCameron94 wrote: you can type in random numbers for the serial/IMEI, it will try to find it but then give you the option to enter details manually. Theres an option for universal fitness tracker

Whoa - that's great! So you got a total of $164 off the price? Did you have to do anything else for the $64 cashback?
[OP]
Oct 20, 2019
794 posts
1608 upvotes
Ottawa
Heythumb88 wrote: Your link doesn't work, wearOS is not Samsung's software, and you failed to mention which Galaxy awatch model this is for. :)

Thanks. I edited the link.

New WearOS is a collaboration between Google & Samsung.

60$ off applicable to all newly released models.

Samsung promises "up to 40 hours of battery life" between charges.
Last edited by aouniat on Aug 11th, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 30, 2021
326 posts
399 upvotes
dealdeal99 wrote: Whoa - that's great! So you got a total of $164 off the price? Did you have to do anything else for the $64 cashback?
I have to send the watch to samsung in order to get the full credit. But if I dont send it in, I think I keep the $100 credit, but dont get the $64 cashback. In total im paying $211 for the 40mm watch. If i send the watch in, goes down to $147.

Plus get the free wireless charger
Jan 8, 2020
464 posts
211 upvotes
Vancouver
xCameron94 wrote: I have to send the watch to samsung in order to get the full credit. But if I dont send it in, I think I keep the $100 credit, but dont get the $64 cashback. In total im paying $211 for the 40mm watch. If i send the watch in, goes down to $147.

Plus get the free wireless charger
Is this on Samsung Canada website? I cant see extra $100 credit when I try this. Only the value of watch which is around $86. Can you post the link ?
Apr 27, 2021
79 posts
154 upvotes
xCameron94 wrote: you can type in random numbers for the serial/IMEI, it will try to find it but then give you the option to enter details manually. Theres an option for universal fitness tracker

Don't they want the device you are supposedly trading-in to be shipped to them?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1987 posts
457 upvotes
toshis wrote: hmmm i have the active 2 that i still use and love daily, not sure if there's enough of an upgrade that makes this worthwhile for me. I get just over a day of use, so if WearOS promises longer than that that would be amazing.
It should be, I'm in the same boat - battery life is getting shorter and the watch now has wear and tear and feels sluggish as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1767 posts
1035 upvotes
Sask
Do they only accept apple or Samsung watches as trade to get additional discount? Wasn't able to test as their trade in system appears to be having issues. I have an old Garmin watch I'd like to trade.
May 21, 2015
802 posts
983 upvotes
S'toon
ced2334 wrote: Do they only accept apple or Samsung watches as trade to get additional discount? Wasn't able to test as their trade in system appears to be having issues. I have an old Garmin watch I'd like to trade.
Type random digits when prompted for IMEI.
Then select manually and choose universal.
May 21, 2015
802 posts
983 upvotes
S'toon
aos007 wrote: It should be, I'm in the same boat - battery life is getting shorter and the watch now has wear and tear and feels sluggish as well.
Same here. That's, why I chose to get Watch 4 with the new Wear OS, and also getting $186 for Active 2, sounds a fair deal to me.
Also all old generations Samsung watches won't get new Wear OS.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)