Hot Deals

[Best Buy] [$69.99] Google Pixel In-Ear Wireless/Bluetooth Headphones - Just Black

Mar 14, 2014
276 posts
188 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Using it for more than a year. It very good. I am happy with my pair.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2232 posts
537 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: It's a good price for a bad borderline terrible product, imo, that's not a good deal at all. I wouldnt buy it even if it's $10.
+1.
So are we to discourage people from posting a deal if they have no experience with the product?
I rather someone post it and then have feedback from others instead of a downvote to the individual
Jul 1, 2019
42 posts
42 upvotes
Got these as a gift and I don't think I would recommend it even @ this big a sale.

Mine suddenly stopped connecting to any device after about a few weeks and I did every sort of troubleshooting possible for days and never fixed the issue. I gave up and did an RMA. Even though it was a gift without a receipt, the customer service was really understanding and helpful and helped me replace it with a brand new one free (and even covered shipping the old one to them and shipping a new one to me).

I've been using the new ones a lot longer than the one prior and in the exact same manner -- I accidentally left the headphones in the washer lol -- and they work fine. I have issues charging the damn thing, but I would give them slack and blame myself for leaving them in the washer. One of my biggest issues is that the headphones seem to randomly die even when I turn it off for a couple of days. I wear them some nights to listen to music to fall asleep and when I wake up the thing would still have about 30-40% charge. But occasionally I would use it on the bus for a bit and only use about 10% of the battery and turn it off (triple tap) and then 8 hours later I turn it on and it is around 60-70%. Every time I turn them on, I dread the little "de-De" freaking sound it makes when its low on battery cus I never know if it would randomly be nearly dead. They also seem to fall out randomly no matter the configuration I put it in; the Buds latch onto your ears with its adjustable braided wire and is supposed to stop it from falling out, which it doesn't always accomplish. I also can't vouch for the sound quality because they don't seem to sound all the much better than my previous $20 wireless earbuds.

They aren't that great, but kudos to Google's customer service and RMA policies.
Dec 18, 2012
452 posts
148 upvotes
Lots of hate but TBH I've had my Pixel buds for almost a year and they are great - love em. Connect immediately to my phone, laptop or watch right out of the case, the touch controls are awesome. Love the adjustable fit using the cord which at first I thought I would hate, but man do they stay put when active. Good sound, good call quality.

For $70 this would be a no-brainer for me. These are EONS better than comparatively priced Amazon knock-offs like the Dudios tic, etc.
Mar 23, 2004
40497 posts
6585 upvotes
Markham
Daf wrote: So are we to discourage people from posting a deal if they have no experience with the product?

I rather someone post it and then have feedback from others instead of a downvote to the individual
I dont think downvote discourages someone from posting deals. You learn and you try. We are against the deal, not the OP himself. I think it's better to tell ppl that the deal sucks, as oppose to someone who actually bought the thing, say it sucks, and have to go return it.

Not everybody thinks the same way as you, and we on RFD are fine with that. I usually make a post on the reason when I vote, especially when I downvote.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3501 posts
893 upvotes
GTA
Daf wrote: Guys, do not downvote. It's a great deal! I hate when people downvote a good deal just because it's not the best headphones.

This makes people stop posting deals!

Upvote this. Because it is a great deal
All the downvotes say its a bad product, not a bad deal. Click on the question mark near the score.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5504 posts
4223 upvotes
Calgary
Just get the pixel buds 2 that will be on clearance in 4 months. These things are from 2017 and they sucked then.
Last edited by SammyDavis on Apr 6th, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2011 posts
1464 upvotes
Fredericton
I have the wired ones that have the same form factor. They aren't as comfortable or as easy to get in the proper place as the buds that came with my (old) P20.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Aug 24, 2005
776 posts
375 upvotes
Etobicoke
angel_wing0 wrote: It's a good price for a bad borderline terrible product, imo, that's not a good deal at all. I wouldnt buy it even if it's $10.

+1.
I totally agree with you.

I have been a sucker for these situations more than once. I see a big discount on a certain product and I jump on it but then it doesn't work well or doesn't suit my needs.

The legendary HP Touchpad was one such device...It was a huge discount and everyone on RFD jumped on it. I was lucky enough to get one and then the device just wasn't doing much for me since it was on a different eco system than android. I played with it and then it collected dust until I manage to root it and installed android. Then it became serviceable and my daughter loved it because we could install netflix.

Does anyone else remember the Touchpad? uh...the good old days!
Mar 7, 2011
323 posts
421 upvotes
I just picked this up from kijiji brand new for $90.00.
Here is my experience:
1. Sound quality is really good. I listen to EDM and the punch is really great.
2. It will take some time to get used to them. At first they will feel uncomfortable and it will feel like they are falling out of your ear.
3. They do not fall out while running.
4. Right ear bud has all touch controls. One touch - Play/pause. Double tap - notifications, Triple tap - turn off/turn on BT, long press - google assistance.
5. Google translate feature they keep advertising for this headphones is cumbersome.
6. Ambient sound isolation is pretty good.
7. Charging case has type C input. It is slightly bigger than Air pods case so you will have bulge in your pocket. Since, you have to wrap cable around the case it will not be as quick as fully wireless heaphones.
8. Headphones will connect automatically to your phone by the time you put them in your ears and it will disconnect automatically when you put them back in your case.

I am not sure why people are complaining about the charging case. If you use it as intended there should not be any issues.

I would rate these very high if they were not bit uncomfortable. Sound quality gets good score.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2185 posts
287 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Sep 4, 2015
228 posts
185 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
If they're anything like the wired white ones that come with the pixel phones they're super comfy and don't fall out once adjusted correctly.
[OP]
Mar 21, 2007
244 posts
40 upvotes
All good. I shared since I didn't see any posts about it and in case someone was in the market for one. I'd rather someone save when they can imo.

Not discouraged at all for future posting. Given I don't always agree with products posted, we get value from what others share. It's to each their own how they wish to let it influence their decision. RFD is a great forum. Thanks to all for continuing to contribute to it!
Apr 1, 2015
354 posts
113 upvotes
Oakville
reviews are pretty bad even at $70. you're truly better off with the ankors or enacfires from amazon (bluetooth earpods without the wire)
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1050 posts
153 upvotes
Vancouver
Do you have to have a google pixel in order for it to be fully functional? Can you use it with a Samsung phone