• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2020 4:31 pm
[OP]
Nov 20, 2013
248 posts
186 upvotes
Burlington, ON

[Best Buy] $79.98 Logitech C920S Pro 1080p HD Webcam

I know these are a hot commodity with everyone isolating and working from home. As I was refreshing regularly to update availability, this afternoon the price actually dropped from $99.99 to $79.98. OOS at the moment but they have been showing up sporadically for online order throughout the day. Once you have one in the cart you have to act fast as I had a few disappear before I could complete the checkout process. Happy hunting!
Last edited by TechDaddy on Mar 30th, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
34 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3555 posts
3571 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
OOS.
Good deal if you can snag one.
[OP]
Nov 20, 2013
248 posts
186 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Ecsta wrote: OOS.
Good deal if you can snag one.
They have been showing up sporadically for online order throughout the day. Once you have one in the cart you have to act fast as I had a few disappear before I could complete the checkout process.
Nov 19, 2014
245 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Was going to say this is cold cold (because this webcam or several of its various iterations go on sale annually for ~69.99 -- and this is a several year old camera that Logitech has simply added a cover to), but then I looked on Amazon on saw that basically all webcams are out of stock. Wow!
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1151 posts
264 upvotes
You're going to get downvoted since it is OOS but I just managed to snag one. Couldn't bring myself to pay $150+ for the higher end models I can still find available. So thanks!
[OP]
Nov 20, 2013
248 posts
186 upvotes
Burlington, ON
avecfromage wrote: Was going to say this is cold cold (because this webcam or several of its various iterations go on sale annually for ~69.99 -- and this is a several year old camera that Logitech has simply added a cover to), but then I looked on Amazon on saw that basically all webcams are out of stock. Wow!
Everywhere in fact - Best Buy, Staples, Source, Grand & Toy, Dell... Everyone wanting to stay in touch with family & friends, online school, work colleagues, etc... They are up there with Toilet Paper on the hot list ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1385 posts
491 upvotes
London Area
omarif wrote: back in stock right now
Baaaaaa. I looked away for one minute and there and gone!
Dec 5, 2018
15 posts
2 upvotes
Grabbed one! Just the fact that I was able to snag one gets you an upvote from me. Spent a week looking for a webcam.
Jun 5, 2019
110 posts
186 upvotes
What a weird thing to sell out. Do that many people have a desktop, but not a phone, laptop, or tablet? I know I have more tech than the average person, but there are six or seven things in my office I could use for video calling.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1665 posts
1689 upvotes
cfenton wrote: What a weird thing to sell out. Do that many people have a desktop, but not a phone, laptop, or tablet? I know I have more tech than the average person, but there are six or seven things in my office I could use for video calling.
It can be a bit more professional to use one of these vs the cam on a laptop on your phone.

Also can be a bit outside of people's knowhow to set up their phone to use as a cam for their desktop
[OP]
Nov 20, 2013
248 posts
186 upvotes
Burlington, ON
cfenton wrote: What a weird thing to sell out. Do that many people have a desktop, but not a phone, laptop, or tablet? I know I have more tech than the average person, but there are six or seven things in my office I could use for video calling.
Most of the builtin ones I have look pretty crappy - especially in low light. My wife started teaching her music lessons online so needed something better.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1019 posts
619 upvotes
Montreal
The quality on these is much higher than most built-in webcams, it's brighter and sharper. As well, it's wide angle, so you can easily fit two people. Finally, the microphone quality is very good. I used to have to use a headset with mic so people could hear me, not anymore.
Mar 7, 2011
111 posts
93 upvotes
nicolascon wrote: It can be a bit more professional to use one of these vs the cam on a laptop on your phone.

Also can be a bit outside of people's knowhow to set up their phone to use as a cam for their desktop
TechDaddy wrote: Most of the builtin ones I have look pretty crappy - especially in low light. My wife started teaching her music lessons online so needed something better.

And most of the newer WebCams have built-in Encoding so the PC's CPU doesn't have to do it.

I have a decent Intel I7 with 16G of RAM and I struggle with WebEx, Skype for Business and other services when I use Video, Audio and Screen Share at the same time. (This is specially challenging over work VPN) For that reason I use an Off Board Camera (Logitech C920-C) and avoid SOFTPHONES, so for my meetings I use my Mobile Phone and I call in or have the meeting call my Phone.
Last edited by Guest5669399 on Mar 30th, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 5, 2019
110 posts
186 upvotes
Ahh, that makes sense. Just having something you can adjust independently from the screen would help with that. I was thinking people were buying them to talk to their family or attend an online meeting.
Apr 12, 2018
26 posts
40 upvotes
Thanks for posting. I bought one of these at the unfortunate price of $99.99 last week (my desktop is much better suited to working from home than my laptop), just sent a price match request.
Apr 23, 2015
238 posts
193 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
If anyone needs one but can't fine one you can your your cellphone via multiple apps (like droidcam) to connect it to your pc.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4788 posts
2242 upvotes
GTA
1080p in 2020? Come on logitech...
[OP]
Nov 20, 2013
248 posts
186 upvotes
Burlington, ON
flowerdealer wrote: If anyone needs one but can't fine one you can your your cellphone via multiple apps (like droidcam) to connect it to your pc.
I tried DroidCam and a few other apps first but couldn't get around the lag. I need it to be professional.
[OP]
Nov 20, 2013
248 posts
186 upvotes
Burlington, ON
shabby wrote: 1080p in 2020? Come on logitech...
Most web conferencing platforms only do 720p