Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

$799 - Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter Pro 2 (300-600W Motor / 45km Range / 25km/h Top Speed) - Only at Best Buy

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2022 1:20 am
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1120 posts
475 upvotes
MTL/TO

[Best Buy] $799 - Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter Pro 2 (300-600W Motor / 45km Range / 25km/h Top Speed) - Only at Best Buy

Posting this more feedback. Seems competitively priced for the specs. Also, in stock at best buy shops if you can't wait the two weeks for shipping. Thoughts?

Designed for teens and adults at the intermediate skill level, with a maximum weight capacity of 100kg
300-600W motor enables speeds of up to 25km per hour
High-quality batteries and smart battery management system let you ride up to 45km on one charge
8.5" skid-resistant and shock absorbing pneumatic tires allow for a smooth ride
Dual braking system ensures you can come to a complete stop quickly
Cruise control system makes it easy to maintain a steady speed
Multifunctional dashboard allows for easy access to speed settings and more
Lightweight, minimalist frame uses aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and folds for compact storage in seconds
Connect via smart device to the Mi Home app to conveniently check details like the remaining battery power
Last edited by joshua18 on Oct 1st, 2022 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10943 posts
13445 upvotes
If all you are looking for is feedback, you will get more constructive comments in the Shopping Discussion forum than Hot Deals.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15197 posts
35239 upvotes
Nation's capital
Price in title maybe
Oct 27, 2018
218 posts
190 upvotes
Also make sure it's not illegal to use one where you live.
It's illegal to use in Montreal for example.

Edit: the page refused to even load for me until I stripped out all the referral and click IDs.
Last edited by Dannyboy3210 on Oct 1st, 2022 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3823 posts
1449 upvotes
Toronto
Illegal but zero enforcement in Toronto 🤡
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1120 posts
475 upvotes
MTL/TO
MrMom wrote: If all you are looking for is feedback, you will get more constructive comments in the Shopping Discussion forum than Hot Deals.
Well, its a discount at bestbuy until Oct 6.
Aug 24, 2021
79 posts
129 upvotes
Anyone know if this is any significant upgrade from GOTRAX GXL V2? not doing anything crazy, just riding up and down he neighbourhood running errands.
Sep 29, 2022
598 posts
679 upvotes
ShinNoodles wrote: Front and rear lights with side reflectors
Nice.

This is one of the few actually street legal scooters that I've seen.

Many lack the lights/reflectors and the bell.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1120 posts
475 upvotes
MTL/TO
Went in store and right on the box it states to avoid rain... I'll get the segway.
Sep 7, 2022
168 posts
260 upvotes
GTA
Rekognize wrote: Illegal but zero enforcement in Toronto 🤡
I think the issue arises when you accidentally smoke some one and they come after you from a civil point. Although I am not sure how that works since there is no insurance. Recently I was in a construction design review and the consultant had chargers for electric scooters in the design. Had to remove it due to the legality portion.
Dealroller

"Everything is good till it's not"
"Famous last words, it was working when I left"
"You can't fix stupid"
Jul 25, 2010
741 posts
955 upvotes
Vancouver
Whether this is a good deal for you depends largely what you want in a scooter
Luckily there are so many varieties of e-scooters out there that you can probably find something that suites your needs and just need to wait for a good price

ex.
- How much you weigh
- What distance you want to get before charging
- What top speed do you want it to be capable of
- How many and gradient of hills you need to deal with
- How portable does it need to be (ex. easily carry onto subway, place under a desk at work, fit into a car trunk, travel to another city by storing on a train, etc)
- How light does it need to be (ex. need to carry up 3 flights of stairs each time you use it)
- Do you prefer rear or front wheel motor, depending on riding style, or both
- What sort of weather do you need this to work in
- What sort of terrain (ex. off-road, streets with lots of cracks, gravel, etc)
- Do you plan to ride it at night
- What stopping distance can you tolerate? Many lower end scooters have huge stopping distances, or are basically useless at stopping when coming down a hill at a high speed
- Do you mind having less cushion in the wheels with solid tires at the cost of never having to worry about flat tires or checking air pressure?
- etc

One important thing to note is that almost all consumer-level scooters are made from typically the same or similar suppliers overseas and simply assembled or just branded by a North American or European company along with a 300% mark-up. This is why you may see a bunch of scooters that either look the same or have minor differences, which is just the assembler customizing with slightly different parts from a base template. Also why you may see some of the same looking but different brand (ex. see the Hiboy S2 Pro on sale on Amazon for $715) e-scooters selling from Aliexpress/alibaba etc for 1/3 the price, much bigger discounts for group buying. One nice thing about this is if you buy such a scooter, you can easily find replacement parts for decent prices (especially for the battery and tires) and even customize it yourself with some different parts and firmware (this Xiaomi is one of them) - if you wish to do this then don't buy a scooter that looks like it's composed of or requires proprietary parts you can't buy elsewhere.

Buying one from BestBuy or some other local big box is generally good for anyone looking to get their first scooter due to the ease and support for immediate problems. With that said, I know this Xiaomi has been on sale for at least the past month for the same price ($800) and it's "true retail price" is more like $800, so I wouldn't really call it's current price a deal. Another similar option is to wait for Amazon's October 11-12 Prime sale where there should be many scooters on sale (partially due to the changing of the season) - actually ever since 1-2 weeks ago there have already been numerous good limited time deals for well known brand and well-reviewed scooters. My personal take is to grab one of the highly rated, known brand and trusted scooters (been out for ~1yr or more, where you can find lots of support on Reddit etc) from Amazon's current limited time deals or upcoming Oct 11-12 Prime sales.

Final point is many people go for a level of scooter that although is smaller/lighter/cheaper, is more of a toy than anything else, and end up upgrading shortly after to something better. So try to answer all the questions like those above first, and if possible test drive scooters before buying (ex. rent ride share e-scooters, may cost $5-10 for 30min but you can learn a lot in that time like the weight, bulk, handling, what throttle / brake systems you prefer and much more. For better scooters you'll have to rent from a store which costs maybe $25 / hr, but still a good investment if it saves you from spending $500-800 on one scooter only to buy another right after).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5402 posts
5743 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
Xiaomi my tesla
To the moon
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2775 posts
2127 upvotes
2700 RMB sold in China, equal to $525 CAD
May 11, 2014
676 posts
410 upvotes
BC
Seems like a great scooter and great price and for that reason I'm out.
Deal Guru
Mar 27, 2004
10491 posts
8999 upvotes
Toronto
top speed is too low.
Full-time Realtor

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)