Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] $99 Sennheiser HD 4.50R

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 9:55 am
[OP]
Member
Jul 30, 2011
372 posts
280 upvotes
Durham region

[Best Buy] $99 Sennheiser HD 4.50R

Looking to replace my beats studio 2.0 wireless headphones. I have a pair of original wired momentum and they're a bit less emphasis on bass which underwhelmed when listening to EDM but just mildly.

I want bass, good noise cancellation and durable wireless headphones. How are these HD 4.50R?

Edit:
Picked up a pair today. Bass is punchy and nice but not as thumping as the beats studio 2.0. But very enjoyable to listen. Call quality is great. And I have a huge head with no immediate comfort issues wearing these. The noise cancellation completely drowned out any road noise or fan noises while driving home from the store.

10/10. Would buy again. Note it is micro usb connection not USB C as someone else suggested
Last edited by incongruent on Feb 16th, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1392 posts
2694 upvotes
2% cashback via rakuten. Great price and thanks for sharing OP!
Member
Jul 2, 2008
220 posts
74 upvotes
i find them tight and uncomfortable after an hr.
took me a few months to get use to them and now i wear them longer. i still use mine daily. Sound quality its great for spotify.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
12503 posts
20841 upvotes
From their return policy , can’t return open box headphones .
How’s the NC on these ?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3261 posts
1757 upvotes
Calgary
Seems like a pretty good deal & I really like the red accents. I already have the Sony XM1000v2, both the BBpro v1/2 + numerous BT earbud/iems so I def dont need this but still, the force is strong. I'm not sure if the SO will be impressed though :facepalm: .

Regardless an upvote for a good find.

Btw those looking for heavy bass, good build, so so ANC but great calling features, check out the BBpros. Decent sound for R&B/club/dance stuff
Sr. Member
Feb 16, 2010
743 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
Bought these last year and returned them. Super uncomfortable. They put a ton of pressure on my ears and the top of my head after 15 minutes of wearing them.

Sound quality and noise cancelling was very good. I'm a huge fan of Sennheiser, and this would be a great buy if these didn't hurt so much!
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1392 posts
2694 upvotes
steeped wrote: Bought these last year and returned them. Super uncomfortable. They put a ton of pressure on my ears and the top of my head after 15 minutes of wearing them.

Sound quality and noise cancelling was very good. I'm a huge fan of Sennheiser, and this would be a great buy if these didn't hurt so much!
Curious to know but do you have a big head? I'm torn between getting these or the backbeat pros.
Sr. Member
Feb 16, 2010
743 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
jetertmac wrote: Curious to know but do you have a big head? I'm torn between getting these or the backbeat pros.
My head is normal sized... I think! This is actually a very common complaint about these headphones.
Newbie
Nov 11, 2007
61 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
One of the few things best buy has going for them is you can go there and try on all the headphones in most locations.

I did a lot of research then went in and tested the ones I wanted. I also have a big head and found these too right. I ended with with Plantronic bbpro IIs as they were bigger and had a lot more bottom end which I prefer since I listen to a lot of punk and metal.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
12503 posts
20841 upvotes
So I guess that’s how their NC works , squeezing on you ears so hard can’t hear anything else lol
Member
Apr 2, 2015
300 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ANC is fine, but the earpads are pretty tight/hot (I have a small head) and there is almost no bass to be heard from these, so stay away if you're a basshead. At $99 though these are way better than anything else in this price range. Build quality is solid, sound quality is quite good (balanced sound signature), noise cancelling is better than anything below $200.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 9, 2006
552 posts
161 upvotes
Damn bought mine on amazon for 119$ could’ve got red for 20$ less
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
1650 posts
3068 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like a good deal. But this is where I draw the line. No more bluetooth headphones (just bought the QC35)! At least until the next great deal...
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1959 posts
609 upvotes
Michener wrote: One of the few things best buy has going for them is you can go there and try on all the headphones in most locations.

I did a lot of research then went in and tested the ones I wanted. I also have a big head and found these too right. I ended with with Plantronic bbpro IIs as they were bigger and had a lot more bottom end which I prefer since I listen to a lot of punk and metal.
Bought the bb pro two years ago when it was a deal on rfd still works very well. No complaints
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7641 posts
1238 upvotes
Toronto
narcomonger wrote: Not sure if this is exactly the same model, but here's a review from CNET:
Not the same model.

Thats the hd 4.50 btnc. (BLUETOOTH NOISE CANCEL) The one op posted is the hd 4.50 r. Where r represents red.

However. I read a review where the hd 4.40 (older model) is better than the 4.50 model in terms of sound.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 9, 2006
2000 posts
389 upvotes
Waterloo
PCDawg wrote: Not the same model.

Thats the hd 4.50 btnc. (BLUETOOTH NOISE CANCEL) The one op posted is the hd 4.50 r. Where r represents red.

However. I read a review where the hd 4.40 (older model) is better than the 4.50 model in terms of sound.
Pretty sure they are the same, this is just a red version. They're still BT and noise cancelling.

Edit: confirmed.

https://en-ca.sennheiser.com/hd-450r
| Fractal Design Meshify C | LG 27GL850 (2) | AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | MSI Gaming X Radeon 5700XT | 16GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB | ASUS ROG Strix B450 | XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe | Razer BlackWidow Elite | Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed |
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6434 posts
5852 upvotes
Calgary
my first NC headphones. Is there a downside to keeping the NC on all the time? battery life maybe? Is that it?
Jr. Member
May 21, 2011
133 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
How do these compare to the BB pro 2

Top