• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 9:55 am
[OP]
Jul 30, 2011
343 posts
260 upvotes
Durham region

[Best Buy] $99 Sennheiser HD 4.50R

Looking to replace my beats studio 2.0 wireless headphones. I have a pair of original wired momentum and they're a bit less emphasis on bass which underwhelmed when listening to EDM but just mildly.

I want bass, good noise cancellation and durable wireless headphones. How are these HD 4.50R?

Edit:
Picked up a pair today. Bass is punchy and nice but not as thumping as the beats studio 2.0. But very enjoyable to listen. Call quality is great. And I have a huge head with no immediate comfort issues wearing these. The noise cancellation completely drowned out any road noise or fan noises while driving home from the store.

10/10. Would buy again. Note it is micro usb connection not USB C as someone else suggested
Last edited by incongruent on Feb 16th, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71 replies
Mar 9, 2011
999 posts
1617 upvotes
2% cashback via rakuten. Great price and thanks for sharing OP!
Jul 2, 2008
211 posts
61 upvotes
i find them tight and uncomfortable after an hr.
took me a few months to get use to them and now i wear them longer. i still use mine daily. Sound quality its great for spotify.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11214 posts
15890 upvotes
Ottawa
From their return policy , can’t return open box headphones .
How’s the NC on these ?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3120 posts
1639 upvotes
Calgary
Seems like a pretty good deal & I really like the red accents. I already have the Sony XM1000v2, both the BBpro v1/2 + numerous BT earbud/iems so I def dont need this but still, the force is strong. I'm not sure if the SO will be impressed though :facepalm: .

Regardless an upvote for a good find.

Btw those looking for heavy bass, good build, so so ANC but great calling features, check out the BBpros. Decent sound for R&B/club/dance stuff
Feb 16, 2010
665 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Bought these last year and returned them. Super uncomfortable. They put a ton of pressure on my ears and the top of my head after 15 minutes of wearing them.

Sound quality and noise cancelling was very good. I'm a huge fan of Sennheiser, and this would be a great buy if these didn't hurt so much!
Mar 9, 2011
999 posts
1617 upvotes
steeped wrote: Bought these last year and returned them. Super uncomfortable. They put a ton of pressure on my ears and the top of my head after 15 minutes of wearing them.

Sound quality and noise cancelling was very good. I'm a huge fan of Sennheiser, and this would be a great buy if these didn't hurt so much!
Curious to know but do you have a big head? I'm torn between getting these or the backbeat pros.
Feb 16, 2010
665 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
jetertmac wrote: Curious to know but do you have a big head? I'm torn between getting these or the backbeat pros.
My head is normal sized... I think! This is actually a very common complaint about these headphones.
Nov 11, 2007
48 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
One of the few things best buy has going for them is you can go there and try on all the headphones in most locations.

I did a lot of research then went in and tested the ones I wanted. I also have a big head and found these too right. I ended with with Plantronic bbpro IIs as they were bigger and had a lot more bottom end which I prefer since I listen to a lot of punk and metal.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11214 posts
15890 upvotes
Ottawa
So I guess that’s how their NC works , squeezing on you ears so hard can’t hear anything else lol
Apr 2, 2015
205 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ANC is fine, but the earpads are pretty tight/hot (I have a small head) and there is almost no bass to be heard from these, so stay away if you're a basshead. At $99 though these are way better than anything else in this price range. Build quality is solid, sound quality is quite good (balanced sound signature), noise cancelling is better than anything below $200.
Apr 9, 2006
436 posts
29 upvotes
Damn bought mine on amazon for 119$ could’ve got red for 20$ less
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1265 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like a good deal. But this is where I draw the line. No more bluetooth headphones (just bought the QC35)! At least until the next great deal...
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1818 posts
561 upvotes
Michener wrote: One of the few things best buy has going for them is you can go there and try on all the headphones in most locations.

I did a lot of research then went in and tested the ones I wanted. I also have a big head and found these too right. I ended with with Plantronic bbpro IIs as they were bigger and had a lot more bottom end which I prefer since I listen to a lot of punk and metal.
Bought the bb pro two years ago when it was a deal on rfd still works very well. No complaints