Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Acer 11.6" Chromebook CB311-9H-C0Z8, N4000, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, IPS, USB-C charging, bilingual keyboard - $199.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2021 11:20 am
Feb 4, 2011
287 posts
294 upvotes
Ottawa
Saicho wrote: Where did this impression come from? I have an early model of Chromebook from 2015 with Celeron N2840 and it handles Youtube just fine.
That is because the Celeron N2840 can burst to 2.58Ghz, so you are hitting the 2.4Ghz plus.
If you don't believe that 2.4Ghz is critical for youtube playback at 1080p, check this video at around 4 minute mark.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18592 posts
13408 upvotes
Markham
madamadakun wrote: Is this good for seniors? I've been looking for a chrombook for paying bills , surfing, some light steaming. Never used one before not sure if it is intuitive and easy to use. The Costco one seems good as it has a bigger screen.
I use a even older/slower Chromebook (bought in 2018 when it was one or two generations old) and no problems with browsing, YouTube, Netflix, email, Google sheets/docs etc. Don't be misled by ppl who say otherwise IMO.

No fear of viruses as you can always just do a reset and once reset, no drivers to load, no programs, no settings etc. Everything you do is pretty much in the cloud (assuming you use Google/gmail account).
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!